PDA

View Full Version : Dalai Lama

Michael-Ann
04-11-2004, 04:24 PM
After seeing Smileawhyl's great water-colour pencil works - especially "
The Sad Undoing of Miss Wobegone" and her luscious curly hair, I was burning with creative desire to try the pencils too...found a good inspirational book and gave it a go...I hope it is okay to cross-post as I put this in the water-colour forum too. Thank you for the inspiration Smileawhyl - well you and Dalai Lama:D

Smileawhyl
04-11-2004, 04:41 PM
LOL and it looks like you took the cue and started with the GOOD paper! :D The Dalai Lama would be very flattered to see this! Looks like you put the brush to the background too. Thanks for the compliment. I'd love to see you do more, pushing into the brilliant deep mystic qualities of both the medium and your subject. But what a beautiful place to start!

TeAnne
04-11-2004, 05:22 PM
Great piece, great subject. Looks good. Do more, I think you have the knack with it :)

Michael-Ann
04-11-2004, 06:06 PM
Thank you for your compliments and the encouragement Smileawhyl and TeAnne :D

Tamana
04-11-2004, 08:24 PM
! Good first shot! I agree with Patty about the pushing into the depth of the medium. I would love to see that blue turn a bit sapphire deep contrasted with the yellow and the green of leaf. Wonderful encapturement of expression.

He is such an inspiration, isn't he? Glad you're inspired into a new direction! Looks like Easter has many beginnings :). Isn't it a wonderful place where we can come to uplift, encourage, and inspire one another?

surreal
04-11-2004, 08:32 PM
Nice going, Michael-Ann!
:clap:

Michael-Ann
04-11-2004, 08:38 PM
Thank you Nina!

Tamana I see what you are saying and I love the deep dark blue next to the golden yellow... I have a stupid question, can I get darker by laying down more pencil on top and doing again what I did already? I spoze I could try it and see huh?!! Thank you so much :)

Tamana
04-11-2004, 08:45 PM
:eek: !!! I don't know!! I know NOTHING (nothing I tell you) about water colors. Are pencils the same as crayons? The only thing I've used other than oil/acrylics and household/office/world stuff, is oil pastels....so you might want to ask someone who knows!!!!

VieSaintSo
04-11-2004, 10:22 PM
Michael-Anne,
What fun you are having and pure joy you are spraying around! :)
keep going girl,even if i'm not a huge fan of portraits i see the work/love you put in, i appreciate it and i applaud you, again :clap:

Michael-Ann
04-11-2004, 10:59 PM
Tamana :D you maka meeee laugha outta loud...

Sylvie **smOOchie** you make my heart smile.

stephanf
04-14-2004, 10:42 PM
hey ma...its a ggod start...and the peeps get your spirt...you splay around...you bring the sunshine in.
(chorous)
splay away splay away

:angel: