PDA

View Full Version : woohoo! my first jewelry-making class...

Shirley C.
04-11-2004, 12:25 AM
nope, not teaching one - i'm TAKING one. i just got my confirmation letter from greg of the ISGB. i'm enrolled in kate mckinnon's class - doing the happy dance!

this is funny, too - tonight, i'm going to start stringing my first mckinnon-style bracelet (the garden bracelet). i spent the day gathering my materials, and now i'm ready to go. we'll see how badly i do for my first project of this type...

actually, my first jewelry-making class was a byzantine chain workshop with tom colson (a FABULOUS teacher), but that's a bit different.

woohoo!

lisilk
04-11-2004, 05:38 AM
When is the class ? Take lot's of pictures !

Li

DonnaBee
04-11-2004, 10:38 AM
Oh, how wonderful! I love her garden style bracelet! You will be a natural at this Shirley! Have a very great, enriching class!

debkauz
04-11-2004, 11:12 AM
Oh, you are going to have so much fun! I have Kate's new book and I love her style. I've actually been able to figure out things from her book that I couldn't fron other directions. Must mean that she's a great teacher! Have a great time!

Debbie

beclectic
04-11-2004, 12:04 PM
Shirly, we'll want pictures of your Garden Bracelet. :D

I can hardly wait. I love that style of jewelry. Actually, I love anything that has leaves on it or in it or even suggests leaves. I don't know why. I guess I'm just earthy.

Is the class soon? Have a great time whenever it is.

Shirley C.
04-11-2004, 04:06 PM
the class is in portland, oregon at the annual gathering of the ISGB. it's on august 2 and 3, so it won't be for awhile yet. i am really looking forward to this class!

i also have kate's book, but i'm a class addict - if i ever have the opportunity to take a class, i'm there. we'll see how my pre-class garden bracelet turns out - it'll either show up in the show and tell thread, or the fugly design contest. :D

Beads-Me!
04-13-2004, 08:00 AM
How fun Shirley! Congrat's on getting into her class! You'll learn alot and have a riot while you're doing it. I'm totally addicted to her styles of bracelets. Single strands seem so boriing to me now.... :rolleyes: