PDA

View Full Version : Pastel Doodle On WaterColor Papaer

sidhartha11
04-10-2004, 02:47 PM
Not sure what this doodle will end up being titled. I can say that I start drawing it while under EXTREME mental pressure due Not Having Any Time to do anything in life BUT work, i.e. financial/computer profession. As a rule, I never throw a painting away eventhough I came close to throwing this one. But I will try to complete it and turn it into something worth looking at.

Unfinished
title: Untitled
22x30 inches
Pastel on WaterColor Paper.

strohat
04-10-2004, 06:30 PM
(+)i'm impressed with the quality of the piece. i'm intrigued by the fact that it's pastel on watercolor paper, those are the last 2 things i would probably think of if asked what to use to make a sharp, detailed image. so i must ask how did you make it look so clean, almost looks like it was done digitally. I doodle myself, so when i hear doodle, i've got to see what it is.
(-)i'm not crazy about the design of it though, it's not all that interesting to me, but what you used to make this is very interesting.
you seem very talented and i bet you've got some work i'd like more :) .
check ya later.

sidhartha11
04-10-2004, 11:33 PM
(+)i'm impressed with the quality of the piece. i'm intrigued by the fact that it's pastel on watercolor paper, those are the last 2 things i would probably think of if asked what to use to make a sharp, detailed image. so i must ask how did you make it look so clean, almost looks like it was done digitally. I doodle myself, so when i hear doodle, i've got to see what it is.
(-)i'm not crazy about the design of it though, it's not all that interesting to me, but what you used to make this is very interesting.
you seem very talented and i bet you've got some work i'd like more :) .
check ya later.

Thanks .. and yes .. our approach is very similar in that we both use improvisation as a means of creating art work. I have never thrown away a painting since I started about 8 years ago. I almost threw this one away because I really didn't like it. But I managed to force it to look a little interesting and I am still working on it.
I visited your web page also, very impressive work. In a way it reminds me of my earlier work which was completely improvisational and organic in nature. Of course, earlier here is all relative since we are talking in terms of "less than a decade". I have started to try and stage the improvisation as of the last two years. But I am starting to develop an urge to return to the purely improvisational approach that I began with.
Part of my idea was to try and develop a better technique and improve shading. I think that I have improved in those areas and am now at another level of painting.
After viewing your work and being inspired by it, I may attempt to create a purely improvisational painting , but , on water color paper ... to add a little wrinkle to it, can't have everything perfect .. haha
Thanks again ..

TeAnne
04-10-2004, 11:47 PM
I love the little cropped piece. The big one is very busy. Some of the images are interesting. Maybe you could make a series of smaller ones with all the images singularly?

sidhartha11
04-10-2004, 11:53 PM
I love the little cropped piece. The big one is very busy. Some of the images are interesting. Maybe you could make a series of smaller ones with all the images singularly?

Thanks ..
Big one is a very , very busy and somewhat frustrated illustration of mental processes. My drawings always reflect my mental state, even this somewhat contrived Pastel work on water color paper. It probably represents being trapped but still with a little hope of escape, though small.

Smileawhyl
04-11-2004, 12:06 AM
Sidartha11, so nice to see you again! Also great to see this new piece. Your style is still amazing, you images phat and logical. And I've never seen a cleaner, more thoughtfilled pastelist rendering than yours.

That said, this is another fantastic precision head trip!

sidhartha11
04-11-2004, 12:18 AM

Here are some crops:

TeAnne
04-11-2004, 12:21 AM
That works great for me. :clap: :clap: :clap:
What about cutting up the big one if you didn't want to make new pieces?

I love these crops :clap: :clap: :clap:

sidhartha11
04-11-2004, 12:26 AM
Sidartha11, so nice to see you again! Also great to see this new piece. Your style is still amazing, you images phat and logical. And I've never seen a cleaner, more thoughtfilled pastelist rendering than yours.

That said, this is another fantastic precision head trip!

Thanks ..
I am going to try to create a few paintings over the next month or so. Been too busy recently to do any art work.

sidhartha11
04-11-2004, 12:30 AM
That works great for me. :clap: :clap: :clap:
What about cutting up the big one if you didn't want to make new pieces?

I love these crops :clap: :clap: :clap:
Actually .. using high-quality scans of the sections of an image is a good way to create a series of related drawings. This drawing represents a candidate for such an operation .. Perhaps some day I can fully investigate such an edeavor ..

But as for actually physically cutting up a complete image to produce a set of smaller paintings is currently beyond my mental ability.

TeAnne
04-11-2004, 03:32 AM
Actually .. using high-quality scans of the sections of an image is a good way to create a series of related drawings. This drawing represents a candidate for such an operation .. Perhaps some day I can fully investigate such an edeavor ..

But as for actually physically cutting up a complete image to produce a set of smaller paintings is currently beyond my mental ability.

I cut out 2 images once 9X5 ins for an exhibition a few years back. They sold within the hour :) $60 ea. :D