PDA

View Full Version : Blown vessels

Lori Robbins
04-10-2004, 02:30 PM
Sometimes I put concepts and learned things in a TIME OUT because I just don't "get it" yet. Well I took the blown vessel thing out of the corner chair and took off the dunce cap and let it play. Here is what I got and I only blew one up, which is now in many pieces in my coffee can, hehehe. I am pleased at how these little perfume bottles turned out. I know they need some tweaking, but with practice Iím sure I can get it right. Most of these are for the women in my life for Mothers day. Hope they like them.

Now remember to take those challenging concepts out every so often, you might be surprised at your self. I sure was!

Alan Cross
04-10-2004, 02:37 PM
Remember me my dear daughter lol.......ok thats a stretch....those are wonderful....how did you make the tops...and the bottems for that matter! :confused:
Alan :)

Lizardglass
04-10-2004, 02:37 PM
I've always loved your eBay stuff but the second bottle is really stunning. I love the way the top swirls . Congrats!
Liz

Darla60
04-10-2004, 02:38 PM
Lori, gurlfriend! Those are incredible!! You are such a smarty!! :clap:

Darla

mdslampworkbeads
04-10-2004, 03:01 PM
Hey Lori,
Long time no see! Every once in a while I take a peek at your ebay just to make sure your still kicking. Those perfume bottles are wonderful! So beautiful, what can I say your just so darned talented girl. I'm curious, how big are they?

Monique

Lori Robbins
04-10-2004, 03:17 PM
Remember me my dear daughter lol.......ok thatís a stretch....those are wonderful....how did you make the tops...and the bottoms for that matter! :confused:

Hi DAD!!!!!!!! I'll remember you for Mother's day, no problem.....But as a MOTHER, you will have to remember my Birthday, eh hem one of your superfab paintings would just about do it. *snickers connivingly*

Thanks Liz and Darla-ing :-)

Here's a shot of the tops out of the bottles. I really just made a drop pendant without bending the neck for the top. Now the bottom was blown on heavy walled tubing. I love my hot finger tool and couldn't do it without them. I have tried the punty on the bottom but am not good at getting the marks off the bottom and don't want to hassle with grinding them off, can't even find my grinder right now, still packed. In the past I have cracked the bottom or collapsed the bottom by messing with the punty mark, so like I said, love my hot fingers.
When I get more proficient with these I would like to add these to my list of classes. They aren't hard once figured out, just took me forever to find the easiest way to finish the darned bottoms.

Lori Robbins
04-10-2004, 03:22 PM
Hi Monique,
Hehehe still kicking.
Thanks for checking in on me :angel:

The tallest bottle is 4 1/2 inches with the topper. They are on the small size for right now until I get better. Let's say they are for that real expensive French parfume! :evil:

Alan Cross
04-10-2004, 03:25 PM
Hi DAD!!!!!!!! I'll remember you for Mother's day, no problem.....But as a MOTHER, you will have to remember my Birthday, eh hem one of your superfab paintings would just about do it. *snickers connivingly*

Thanks Liz and Darla-ing :-)

Here's a shot of the tops out of the bottles. I really just made a drop pendant without bending the neck for the top. Now the bottom was blown on heavy walled tubing. I love my hot finger tool and couldn't do it without them. I have tried the punty on the bottom but am not good at getting the marks off the bottom and don't want to hassle with grinding them off, can't even find my grinder right now, still packed. In the past I have cracked the bottom or collapsed the bottom by messing with the punty mark, so like I said, love my hot fingers.
When I get more proficient with these I would like to add these to my list of classes. They aren't hard once figured out, just took me forever to find the easiest way to finish the darned bottoms.

LOL I should have known there would be a catch :D ps thanks for the closeups....

mistymade
04-10-2004, 03:36 PM
Wow Lori!!! Your vessels are GORGEOUS! And your new house....drooooooool...beautiful!
Your on my list of people I want to take classes from.:D

Good to see ya posting!

Virginia L.
04-10-2004, 04:03 PM
WOW Those are incredible, the wow is no where near big enough - God Bless - Virginia L.

E_Black
04-10-2004, 04:11 PM
Those are just beautiful!!!!! Ellen

Jillie Beads
04-10-2004, 05:46 PM
OH MY GOSH!!! Lori, those are stunning!!!! I want to schedule time with you!!!!! Soooooooonnnnnnnnn :D I am dying to see your new house and studio! Hugs, Jill

fay
04-10-2004, 10:24 PM
Simply Gorgeous! I love them all. Can't wait to see some more! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Lori Robbins
04-11-2004, 08:50 PM
Thank you everyone for all the warm and thoughtful compliments! I really appreciate them :)
(((((((((((((((((((((Group Hug))))))))))))))))))))
:clap: :clap: :clap:

nicker
04-11-2004, 09:08 PM
OMG!!! Those are lovely. I for one would happily fly to Florida if you ever do a class on those! :D

midniteburner
04-11-2004, 10:47 PM
Lori,

Wondered why we haven't heard from you in such a long time. Well, buhhhh dahhhhh. What a house!!! Oh, the yard looks great too!!!

I just love your new work!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: How long did it take you to perfect the bottles, to this stage?

Sara

Shirley C.
04-12-2004, 12:12 AM
lori!!!!!!!

i love these!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lori Robbins
04-12-2004, 12:13 AM
Nicole, I would love to have you in a class. Just remember to bring a swimming suit ;)

Sara,
Many thanks on the new abode. Thanks for missing me :)
I could probably count and my fingers how many bottles I did before they started coming out decent. Really not many, just had to figure out that darned bottom. They would be easy to teach. Of course a Barracuda torch has helped me do the bigger things. Hmmmm I'll have to jump on my minor and see if I can do it on it. It just might work!

mistymade
04-12-2004, 01:04 AM
When are you planning to start teaching? Are you going to teach groups or individuals?

Lori Robbins
04-12-2004, 04:01 AM
*Thanks Shirley :)

*Hi Misty Darlink!
I plan on getting my studio all set up at the end of next month. I am planning on having at least 5 torches if not 6 set up. So the biggest group class will only have 6 students. That way I can give everyone attention they need. I will also have some slated classes for one on one's. I'm still working on the scheduling and that will be up on my site soon.

*I am so excited about teaching! I used my Mom as a ginny pig today and made her do an implosion 1" boro marble. She rocked! It came out so cool. It was her first marble and only her third time playing with boro. I am so proud of her! I couldn't see any punty marks, chills, or those pesky little nipples that marbles like to get. I really want to show it off, but she nabbed it out of the kiln and took off before I could snap a pic of it. I will have to get it back for the photo shoot. If I can pry it out of her marble hording hands. :D

Mark Wilson
04-12-2004, 08:21 AM
hi lori,
i love your work. it is sure nice to see some NON-BEAD glass here. keep it up.

Jacinthe
04-12-2004, 09:24 AM
Sometimes I put concepts and learned things in a TIME OUT because I just don't "get it" yet. Well I took the blown vessel thing out of the corner chair and took off the dunce cap and let it play. Here is what I got and I only blew one up, which is now in many pieces in my coffee can, hehehe. I am pleased at how these little perfume bottles turned out. I know they need some tweaking, but with practice Iím sure I can get it right. Most of these are for the women in my life for Mothers day. Hope they like them.

Now remember to take those challenging concepts out every so often, you might be surprised at your self. I sure was!

How I missed these beauties I will never know! Lori your work is amazing! I specially LOVE LOVE LOVE that blue and green one (4th pic). Totally Jaw dropping and as Mark said love to see more non bead stuff!

Hugs from Holland,
Sarah

CorvetteJuliet
04-12-2004, 10:45 AM
Lori - They're absolutely exquisite! :clap: Oh the inspiration to get good enough to even attempt something that beautiful. Thanks for sharing. ~Juliet

KristiB
04-13-2004, 11:17 AM
Loripooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((squishy-hug))))))))))))))))))))))

Those are awesome!!!! I'm working on a date deary and was gonna call ya soon.. Because you never call me (breaking down into horrible sobbing :crying: ;) ) Add these to my list of things to learn :evil:

You are the BOMB girl, the total BOMB!!!..... :clap: :clap: :clap:

Smooches

Kristi (getting carried away with those little smiley faces :rolleyes: )

JodiPrice
04-14-2004, 09:47 AM
LORI! These perfume bottles are absolutely GORGEOUS! I am drawn to the second one for some reason even though I like the blues more!

You are one talented chickie!

Buck Young
04-14-2004, 02:06 PM
I am pleased at how these little perfume bottles turned out. I know they need some tweaking, but with practice Iím sure I can get it right.

Tweaking? Practice? I'm missing something here. These are perfect. I had to pick my jaw off of my desk and wipe up the drool. Super stuff. What great talent!!

Buck

Mike E etc
04-15-2004, 11:27 AM
Lori,
if I could make those...I would sell them!

Mike E

Patricia'sglass
04-15-2004, 01:36 PM
Lori,
They are just beautiful! Are any of them going to be listed on Ebay?
Pattym