PDA

View Full Version : Norah Head Lighthouse

RhiannonJ
04-10-2004, 11:45 AM
Just finished this of the Norah Head lighthouse in NSW. That wave gave me a fit. It's a 11x14 oil on linen.

Comments and critiques are welcome.

Rhi

Eugene Veszely
04-11-2004, 05:47 AM
Are you finished having your fit?? ;)

shrinkinviolet
04-11-2004, 09:11 PM
Hi Rhi,
Happy Easter. I really like what you did with this. It is a super painting and you sure won the battle with that wave. It's very well done. I especially like the mist between land and water.
Judy

Bill Stephens
04-11-2004, 09:23 PM
If you were having trouble with the wave before you certainly don't have one now. The water seems to come alive with a glow. :clap:

Leaflin
04-15-2004, 11:11 AM
Hi Rhi :)
Your wave looks wonderful to me.
I really like the atmosphere of this piece.
What time of day would this be?
I feel like it is early, to mid morning, after the sun has come up but before it has had time to evaporate the mist.

RhiannonJ
04-15-2004, 03:27 PM
Thanks everyone. Glad ya'll like it. I had a lot of fun with this one. Leaflin, know that this is in NWS north of Sydney and judging from the direction of the light I'd say it was probably taken early to mid morning. :)

Rhi

Marty C
04-24-2004, 09:22 PM
Hi Rhi,
I am most impressed with this one, extremely well done. It was worth having a fit over the wave, it is the key to the whole piece working and you have done a superb job on it. The spray, mist and background headland are all wonderful, all the elements are working very nicely to make this a standout work.
Definitely a morning light with backlight on the waves. I was talking to a pro photographer at the recent Masters competition at Margaret River and he was ecstatic to get early morning shots of sun on the wave face, something impossible to achieve over east. Unfortunately he was having huge trouble persuading the surfers to get up early so he could get some shots! :D
Wonderful work. :clap: :clap: