PDA

View Full Version : My first pendant beads!

StefaniBeads
04-10-2004, 07:21 AM
I don't know what got me started on this, other than I was tired and didn't know what else to make that day. So I made the first one, and just had to make another before I set the kiln to anneal. It was definitely time to quit, I had been at it for 9 hours, what a sore back and shoulders I had that night!

I was playing around and let a bead "droop", and then I flattened it. Never did that before, what fun! I didn't have many tools at the time (just ordered several) so I used the graphite paddle to flatten, and tweezers (short ones, and I burned my fingertips a little!) to pull and twist. These are small, about 1 inch in length. I want to make them bigger for a stronger more stable hole at the top. They are a little fragile looking near the holes.

This is addictive, and I can't wait to get out there and play some more! :D

Onalee
04-10-2004, 09:04 AM
Lisa those are so cool. Can see why you are addicted. I've often thought tha would be a good thing to do if you really wonked a bead beyond recovery. Nothing to loose. Onalee

gb-beads
04-10-2004, 09:38 AM
Lisa,

I made a ton of these years and years ago -- before I had a kiln.

I'll dust some off and take a picture later, but they have been worn and have not broken! I do believe in annealing, but just did not have one back then. They have survived so I think that if you make some of these and anneal them you'll be fine.

Way to go!

lvideki
04-11-2004, 10:24 PM
There must be something in the air, because the last few days at the torch have been filled with this type of bead... Here is one of mine!

Les

StefaniBeads
04-12-2004, 11:18 AM
Leslie,

Ooooh, I love that!! Not only is your pendant a gorgeous pink, but I love the ruffled transparent edges! :)

(checking your ebay!)

DebbieSue
04-12-2004, 04:32 PM
Wow! They all look nice! I'm going to have to try some.... :)

Debbie