PDA

View Full Version : Techo Color Confusion

AngryGeekGirl
04-09-2004, 09:25 PM
Here is a little something I did tonight. Have been doing studies for larger painting. This is in Oil Pastels, about 8 x 10

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Apr-2004/18066-techo_color_confusion.jpg

judithj
04-09-2004, 09:50 PM
Hi Angry

What sort of feedback are you looking for?

-Judith

VieSaintSo
04-09-2004, 10:22 PM
Hi!
i like what you do, you are on to somthing...but something is missing...i feel you are holding back...hope i am not being to presumptious, it is a bit childlike....which is not bad! on the contrary....i have a problem with the brown....i think you need to blend and mix your colors more....tell me what you think?Not easy to mix paste and oil, fun though! :)

Tamana
04-09-2004, 11:40 PM
I just bought some oil pastels and have been playing with them tonight with some various mediums. I'm in love already. Have you thought about blending some with a medium like linseed oil or japan drier (my choice) added to a brush? Not sure the look you're after...but agree with Sylvie.

You should look at Pipicacasoso's pastel works. Breathtaking.

AngryGeekGirl
04-10-2004, 12:56 AM
I've basicly been experimenting with abstract art lately. I have done some landscapes in Acrylics before this, so abstract art is a new and interesting concept.

Frankly, I had a gem of an idea when I started but I've been brain dead lately. I'm a staff accountant for a CPA firm plus I'm taking 2 classes. Of course doing all that with tax season doesn't leave many brain cells left over for art. By time I sat down to do it, I had lost my grip on that little gem I had to begin with.

I have considering trying some mediums and such with the oil pastels, but, as I said, lack of time is hitting write now, though that will be over soon.

Smileawhyl
04-10-2004, 10:30 AM
I've basicly been experimenting with abstract art lately. I have done some landscapes in Acrylics before this, so abstract art is a new and interesting concept.

Frankly, I had a gem of an idea when I started but I've been brain dead lately. I'm a staff accountant for a CPA firm plus I'm taking 2 classes. Of course doing all that with tax season doesn't leave many brain cells left over for art. By time I sat down to do it, I had lost my grip on that little gem I had to begin with.

I have considering trying some mediums and such with the oil pastels, but, as I said, lack of time is hitting write now, though that will be over soon.
This fairly explains it for me about the pieces of yours that I've seen. :) For me, being extra busy demands that I find some corner of the day to create, just to keep my connection with creativity. I had not been able to find the 'heart' of your "night sky" submission. Now this second one gives better insight. To me it can be described as subtlety and motivation. Your first picture had the motivation of a night sky but seemed to lack and integrated subtlety.

Your mention of a 'gem' of an idea seems very appropriate. I immediately saw a more integrated idea, the picture even reminded me of an embryo. I agree with Tam's suggestion about using delicate touch of solvent medium to start building a more fluid relationship, both within your colors and between them. Obviously you have a passion to create and a need to 'speak'. Maybe when you get that extra time you can really crawl into these pictures and be passionate with them. You have a good strong sense of form. Passion will make it dance for you.