PDA

View Full Version : Mid-April Monthly Melt Challenge- Don't Bug Me!

eyeskatermum
04-09-2004, 09:17 PM
With all the spring flowers arriving sadly so do the bugs. But many of us have some interesting and unique bugs in our gardens and it's a call to all to show your's to the world!

Lady Bugs, grasshoppers, snails, etc. Your bug needs to be with at least two of it's favorite flowers or vegies. Use any colors, just create at least 3 beads one of which is a little bug.

Be creative an use your imagination. Start now and post your bugger right here on 4/30, just in time for the May flowers. No peaking until the 30th. Let's see what everyone comes up with!

snootyvixen
04-09-2004, 09:55 PM
You bugger!

LOL - sorry, just had to say that!

Vikki

eyeskatermum
04-10-2004, 02:05 AM
So no one want's to bug out, eh?????

snootyvixen
04-10-2004, 02:14 AM
It's early days yet - I'll be playing!

Vikki

MistyCherie
04-10-2004, 02:49 AM
I'll give this a whirl....

=)

-M

Jacinthe
04-10-2004, 03:25 AM
How does one make miniture misquitos in glass? Or shall I just make arm and leg beads with little red dots all over them? Oh I know, I could make a slug bead... just like the ones who slither all over my back patio every night. I so don't go out there barefoot at in the spring/summer/fall. Or hmm... could try out the bee again... they are reappearing lately, and the spiders too... nothing super fancy here in boring old Holland. ;)

Hugs from Holland,
Sarah

Retta Gates
04-10-2004, 02:39 PM
Lol, this sounds fun. :)

eyeskatermum
04-10-2004, 10:25 PM
Ya know what bugs me....my husband and speedvision. Gonna make him and stick him between two flowers......

blazinghussy
04-12-2004, 10:51 AM
I am so doing this :) And I'm gonna get my best friend and business partner in on the action. And one day, I might even get her to post here, I know she lurks ;)

Kel

eyeskatermum
04-12-2004, 11:12 PM
Trolls....bunnies....monkeys! And no one wants to make a PEST!!!!! Wimps.

eyeskatermum
04-13-2004, 09:24 PM
Ok, there are garden pests:

Spiders
Ants
Snails
Grasshoppers
Ladybugs
slugs
snakes
deer
rabbits
kids
hubbies
moles
mice

DON'T YOU ALL WANT TO MAKE SOMETHING HERE!!!!! Just 6 of us?????

hmmmmmm....................

Tazzielou
04-13-2004, 09:51 PM
I am going to try to make a bug. I will have to send someone the picture of the pest, because I still can not get my pictures small enough to post. :crying: If one of you is willing to get a attachment in your email from me, I will do two pests :)

Thanks

Juli

Booger
04-13-2004, 11:04 PM
ME ME ME ME! I love bugs!

Full Of Surprises,
Booger

DebbieSue
04-13-2004, 11:07 PM
I made mine yesterday. But I screwed up! :mad: Just rereading the challenge and it's one bug and two veggies. I made 2 bugs and one veggie. Does it still count? :confused: Hmmm.......

At any rate, it was fun making them. I took a pic and will wait for the deadline.

Debbie

eyeskatermum
04-14-2004, 06:56 AM
Debbie:

Two bugs are very welcome......

Can't wait to see them!

diva
04-14-2004, 05:18 PM
Ok, there are garden pests:

Spiders
Ants
Snails
Grasshoppers
Ladybugs
slugs
snakes
deer
rabbits
kids
hubbies
moles
mice

DON'T YOU ALL WANT TO MAKE SOMETHING HERE!!!!! Just 6 of us?????

hmmmmmm....................

And butterflies. Don't forget the butterflies (creepy little things).

I'm in! :)

blazinghussy
04-14-2004, 06:11 PM
Butterflies are evil, see?

(This was a fun, little thing I did at the urging of one of my guild mates in my local polymer clay guild chapter - hilarious!)

DebbieSue
04-14-2004, 10:00 PM
I am going to try to make a bug. I will have to send someone the picture of the pest, because I still can not get my pictures small enough to post. :crying: If one of you is willing to get a attachment in your email from me, I will do two pests :)

Thanks

Juli

You can send it to me!

Debbie

eyeskatermum
04-16-2004, 12:34 AM
I wonder what Stephen King would come up with those butterflies as inspiration?????

Too cool.

mperaza
04-16-2004, 11:53 AM
I didn't actually make this for the challenge - I made it for my daughter to replace one which was broke when she was recently in an auto accident (she hangs it from her mirror). I think I miscounted on the legs though.

Marilyn

eyeskatermum
04-19-2004, 11:29 PM
Are you all getting buggy?

DebbieSue
05-03-2004, 08:25 AM
Okay, I did a cauliflower and 2 cabbage worms. Like I said, I thought it was 2 bugs and 1 vegetable... :)

They look awfully guilty caught munching on that cabbage, don't they? :D

Debbie

snootyvixen
05-03-2004, 10:16 AM
Okay, I did a cauliflower and 2 cabbage worms. Like I said, I thought it was 2 bugs and 1 vegetable... :)

They look awfully guilty caught munching on that cabbage, don't they? :D

Debbie

They are CUTE!!! I just did bugs, a caterpillar and a witchetty grub

.... oh pooh! I thought I'd taken the pics. Have to take Ciel to gym but I"ll photograph them and post when I get back.

Vikki

Archer
05-03-2004, 11:01 AM
Love the little grubbies, and the cauliflower looks good enough to eat.

Here's mine... Nothing terribly original about the bee or flowers, but they're a stretch for me. I made up for it by putting them together in a bracelet.

Maryanne

Tazzielou
05-03-2004, 08:11 PM
Like I said I am still learning. I did two dragonflys and a bee. Can not do a flower very well yet.

Juli

DebbieSue
05-03-2004, 08:18 PM
Like I said I am still learning. I did two dragonflys and a bee. Can not do a flower very well yet.

Juli

I like the dragonflies, very cute! I can't see the bee well because he's is upright! :D

Debbie

DebbieSue
05-03-2004, 08:19 PM
Love the little grubbies, and the cauliflower looks good enough to eat.

Here's mine... Nothing terribly original about the bee or flowers, but they're a stretch for me. I made up for it by putting them together in a bracelet.

Maryanne

Beautiful bracelet! :clap:

Debbie

MistyCherie
05-04-2004, 06:58 PM
I forgot all about this until I saw it in the thread list today. Sorry! I didn't make what this critter eats--but did make the critter today. I tried to be different in coming up with the type of bug... It's a small base of ivory, ink blue, petroleum green and black for the head. Eyes and legs are blue aventurine. You can't see the eyes unless you look close and then you just see a sparkle.

Scarab! (or...my second thought was...Blue Chicken!)

DebbieSue
05-04-2004, 09:43 PM
I like the scarab. Very unique! :)

Debbie