PDA

View Full Version : new to the scene, here's some of my work:

strohat
04-09-2004, 05:55 PM
:http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/gman/artist.php?cmd=collection_view&collection_id=314
Feel free to take a look. Looking forward to meeting some of you abstract folks. check me out at strohat.deviantart.com if ya want. i guess some of my work is a bit psychedelic, but falls under the abstract category as well, i think.

Brian Firth
04-09-2004, 06:39 PM
Wow! I really like the spontaneous stream of conscious style. I did some stream of conscious stuff in airbrush years ago. Mine was much more H.R. Giger inspired, dark and visceral, not near as bright and refined as your stuff but similar in its swirling flowing nature. I will try and find one and post it.
I really like the bright colorful psychedelic look! My favorite was "maypril" and "painted desert" but they are all amazing. I bet "painted desert" is really impressive at 32"x24". Are you using Prismacolors? Reminds me when I've been up all night and at 6 in the morning when I am trying to get to sleep and I close my eyes and the geometric patterns flow…

strohat
04-09-2004, 09:12 PM
Wow! I really like the spontaneous stream of conscious style. I did some stream of conscious stuff in airbrush years ago. Mine was much more H.R. Giger inspired, dark and visceral, not near as bright and refined as your stuff but similar in its swirling flowing nature. I will try and find one and post it.
I really like the bright colorful psychedelic look! My favorite was "maypril" and "painted desert" but they are all amazing. I bet "painted desert" is really impressive at 32"x24". Are you using Prismacolors? Reminds me when I've been up all night and at 6 in the morning when I am trying to get to sleep and I close my eyes and the geometric patterns flow…
yep, good ole prismacolor, can't beat em. i use a few others here and there too. thanks for checking out my work, seems like you could appreciate it, very cool. i'll see if i can check out some of your work as well. by the way, nice explanation of the patterns when you close your eyes, i would like to get a picture of that somehow, i guess if we could do that we'd be filming our dreams too, heh.

judithj
04-09-2004, 09:21 PM
I love the painted desert! I could look at that for hours and hours.

Mmmmmmmm.

I bet a few weeks and hundreds of hours to create that one with CPs.

Thanks for sharing.

-jj

Tamana
04-09-2004, 10:48 PM
Amazing. Such intricate skill and color integration.

strohat
04-09-2004, 11:35 PM
I love the painted desert! I could look at that for hours and hours.

Mmmmmmmm.

I bet a few weeks and hundreds of hours to create that one with CPs.

Thanks for sharing.

-jj

hey, no problem, i like to share. glad to hear you liked that one, that's the largest one i've done, and yes it took a while, a few weeks is about right. one i did after that was smaller and took almost 3 months to do, a labor of love. anyway, i'd like to see some of your work as well. check ya later.

strohat
04-10-2004, 10:52 AM
Amazing. Such intricate skill and color integration.

thank you :)