PDA

View Full Version : Friday 4/9 Show & Tell...

Andee
04-09-2004, 08:40 AM
Hi Everybody,

Couldn't resist stringing a necklace before hopping off to a family-get-together, so here it is! I had the beads sitting on my desk for ages and never really knew what do do with 'em and finally had an idea... Lampwork mine, freshwater pearls and tiny seed beads...

Have a nice day! :)

Rosie2000
04-09-2004, 09:06 AM
Isnt it fun to finally have the pieces come together. Very nice :clap:

Rosie

SuzyQ
04-09-2004, 09:14 AM
Oh Andee - Nice! And, the next time you have a pile of beads you don't know what to do with feel free to send them my way. :)

Here's a bracelet made with lampwork odds and ends. I'm pretty sure there are 5 different lampwork artists represented here. But don't ask me who! I can't remember. :(

TheBlueBetween
04-09-2004, 11:26 AM
The pearls look really wonderful with those lampwork beads Andee! I'm going to have to try some pearls and lampwork soon...

Nice bracelet SuzyQ - it all blends together so well I would never guess it was odds and ends! Great spring colors.

I made 5 simple necklaces on leather cord last night... don't really know if they are worth showing here or not... I guess I'll see how the photos look when I get around to that.

Andee
04-09-2004, 12:56 PM
Y'all, thanks for the nice comments! :)

SuzyQ - The problem is that eventually I WILL have an idea what to do with the beads, but I'll keep your advise in mind! ;) Great bracelet, it's like a magnolia in full bloom, very spring-ly!!

TheBlueBetween
04-09-2004, 05:42 PM
Well today's show and tell is so slow, I guess I'll post my oh-so-simple necklaces - I love them, but there's not much too them.

somk
04-09-2004, 06:46 PM
Great jobs and yummy beads all !
Pam> I dig the simplicity of your necklaces ! *nods* the caramel one is gorgeous to boot.

My contribution (canadian cents, eh) A very famous design from the Book of Kells with a 3.5mm garnet, brooch is bronze.. blingbling :p

Linnea
04-09-2004, 07:48 PM
Pam I really like those!!!! Is that fused glass? what size mandrel did you use?

DonnaBee
04-09-2004, 09:35 PM
This is a very, very beautiful Show n Tell today!

(Yes, another thumbs up to Pam, those so work...)

TheBlueBetween
04-10-2004, 01:56 AM
thank you for all the compliments everyone!!! <blush>

one is jade and the other carnelian - not glass at all. I think they are very zen looking.

lisilk
04-10-2004, 03:18 AM
Our power has been on and off....mostly off for several days so haven't posted.

Andee- I love the earthy tones and pearls. Very nice.

Suzy- So pretty and Springy. Great what comes together from stuff just piling up !

Pam- I love the simplicity of those necklaces. Very zen indeed. That carnelian is gorgeous !

Somk- Those celtic brooches are amazing. Great detail.

Cheers,

Li