PDA

View Full Version : Finally Friday S&T...

Jennifer Geldard
04-09-2004, 01:43 AM
ok.. it's quarter til one here on the east coast..
I can't believe I'm finally starting one of these!!
Here's another rainbow fade ornate to start things off... this time with tiny little star murrini in the swirls :D

Kamaranoir
04-09-2004, 01:51 AM
Jennifer

you never fail to amaze me. Thats so beautiful!!

Penelle

Tink
04-09-2004, 01:53 AM
*swooooooooooon!* Jennifer, you are just totally stocked up with gorgeous, cool stuff tonight! That is one delicious bead!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was on a blown vessel binge last night. It had been a while, and I thought I needed to practice in prep for an upcoming class I'm teaching. Here are a few. Sorry they are so big...

Blown Vessel, nice even thin walls all the way to the bottom:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Apr-2004/10179-cobves.jpg

Another Blown Vessel
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Apr-2004/10179-latest1.jpg

You guessed it... Yet another blown vessel. I love that the walls on these are nice and even and thin. I am happy :D
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Apr-2004/10179-delilah.jpg

jujeebeads
04-09-2004, 01:56 AM
cool! WC! is back up. (it was down for service an hour ago!

Jennifer~you have such a unique style...and I LOVE IT! your beads are always so beautiful and colorful!

Tink~Beautiful vessels!!!

okay, I type slow...I have to keep editing to keep up!

Briatha~Nice baubble set! Teal is one of my favorites to work with!!

Another frosted set for eBay. I love this lavender color! it looks pink in the sun.

Happy Friday!!
Judy :cat:

Briatha
04-09-2004, 01:56 AM
Jen the rainbow fade ornate focal is drop dead gorgeous!
Tink glorious vessels!
Judy scrumptious etched lavender lentils!

Teal Fairy Baubles are Silver Foil over Ivory embellished with Transparent Teal

SonyaHusko
04-09-2004, 02:05 AM
Jen, that is one gorgeous "clickable" bead!!! And Tink, that looooong vessel is too cool!

Here's another Moretti set from me. Amber Rose and some pale pink rod I had laying out on my work bench (note to self, label the rods :rolleyes: )

MaureenKennedy
04-09-2004, 02:10 AM
Why are none of the pictures showing, only a box that says attached pictures?? I thought we decided along time ago that we wanted ALL pictures to show. I haven't changed any of my settings, so WC had to have changed things again.

Tink
04-09-2004, 02:16 AM
That's weird, Maureen... I see the pics ok.

Kalera
04-09-2004, 02:18 AM
Oh lordy, you guys, I have serious bead lust now... Jennifer, PLEASE! Ouch. I am going to go sob myself to sleep now, full of thwarted longing for that bead.

Tink, I already told you how I feel about the ink blue vessel. Why am I not a rich woman? Clearly, that should be dangling from a gold chain around my neck!

Judy, that set looks completely edible... like nectarines and cream. Oh no, now my mouth is watering!

Faith, your fairy baubles are breathtaking!

Sonya, that pink and amber rose set... luscious! Yum.

Here are "Moonsilver" and "Flowers of Lothlorien"... Yes, I totally admit to being a nerd!

Virginia L.
04-09-2004, 02:28 AM
Good evening or morning, depending on what side of the world you are on...Love todays postings -
Jennifer, I love everyone of those beads I see that you do, they are so classy
Tink, Verrrrrrrry beautiful, I especially like the really long vessel
Judy, beautiful, so delicate looking
Briatha, I love those fairy baubles you have been making
Sonya, that amber rose with the pink is very striking!!!
Kalera, you snuck in - LOVE those beads you are doing with the curls on them, the other set is beautiful too

from me more long beads...the learning curve on these is very expensive...the first one was so much work and then it turns out the clear is burnt!!! so it looks all yucky, then the second one...I had thought my regulator on my propane was shot, but I tried this morning and it was working just fine, so I carried on...it acted like it was fine, untill I had a bead with a sheet and a half of fine silver foil on it and a whole ton of $30.00 a lb glass all over it...just as I am trying to twist the dots, so some are twisted and most are not, makes it kind of a complete loss, it only looks good if you don't turn it over...Well, I disconnected that gage and will have to cough up for one..at Praxair they want from $65.00 to 150.00 for a regulator, does Home Depoe or somewhere have them cheaper...boy even the $65.00 is pretty prohibitive for me, and $45.00 to fix the one I have - then I won't be able to torch for at least a week, wow, I might go nuts!!!! - if you know somewhere cheeper, let me know, OK. Have a GREAT Friday - God Bless - Virginia L.

kwstudios
04-09-2004, 02:29 AM
Hey beaders,

Jennifer – pretty as always! I like the little star millifiore on the end of the swirls. You can send that one to me. No problem.
Tink – what kind of glass is the second one? It has some groove.
Judy – are the etched beads with the cream or the bath? What do you think is better?
Briatha – I still like that series. What is the base color?
Sonya – good beads and very artistic photo.

OK, I’ve been away for awhile working on a gallery project and visiting my grandma in the hospital :( but here’s some new stuff. The pink one is the third in this series. I posted a similar one to this last month. I LOVE this style of bead. The Food picture is one that I sent to Corina for her new spotlight book! I sold this set last month. I think that it is in the book, but I'm not sure. Lastly, just one sweet little hamburger. I took a break from food after the workshop I taught, but now I'm back to the yummies!

Karen

Tink
04-09-2004, 03:54 AM
Karen, the second bead is a base of sage green with a custom mix violet and custom mix pink, then encased.

How about yours? EDP? I really wish you could come over to the Tinkatorium and give me a lesson on fuming! Beautiful bead!

JJD&Co
04-09-2004, 05:18 AM
Hey beaders,

Jennifer – pretty as always! I like the little star millifiore on the end of the swirls. You can send that one to me. No problem.
Tink – what kind of glass is the second one? It has some groove.
Judy – are the etched beads with the cream or the bath? What do you think is better?
Briatha – I still like that series. What is the base color?
Sonya – good beads and very artistic photo.

OK, I’ve been away for awhile working on a gallery project and visiting my grandma in the hospital :( but here’s some new stuff. The pink one is the third in this series. I posted a similar one to this last month. I LOVE this style of bead. The Food picture is one that I sent to Corina for her new spotlight book! I sold this set last month. I think that it is in the book, but I'm not sure. Lastly, just one sweet little hamburger. I took a break from food after the workshop I taught, but now I'm back to the yummies!

Karen

Looks like a love food fest to me! And a very fine one at that!!!! I love it!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

blazinghussy
04-09-2004, 05:59 AM
Wow, wow, wow! :eek:

Good lord, you guys are so talented, makes me ashamed of this little bead o' mine :D But I finished it last night and took pics just so I could slap it up here ;)

This was more an experiment for me than anything else, but I really like the effect. I'm going to have to play around with this a bit. I used a clear base, rolled in purple adventurine frit, melted in, then rolled in thin silver foil and melted in. Then layered dots of sage green, the dusty violet Moretti color (can't think of the name), the trans purple I used for encasing and then ivory. I swirled the dots and inverted them with a cool clear rod that I'd marvered to a point and encased the whole thing in trans purple. If I had it to do over again I'd probably nix a couple of the dot colors (or maybe not) and use a MUCH lighter purple to encase. Regardless I like the color changes inside. I've noticed that Moretti purple will change colors with the purple adventurine to a very vibrant blue. Of course the silver changed the green to sort of a rusty color too. I like all the colors, I just think it's all too subtle with the rod I encased it with. I needed a lighter color :)

Trey Cornette
04-09-2004, 07:54 AM
WHOOPPIEEE ITS FRIDAY!!

Come on baby lets do the twist!!!
Flame ON
TC

greatfindsct
04-09-2004, 08:22 AM
Wow! Everyones beads are amazing this morning!!! Talk about waking up to some gorgeous eye candy!!! Tink, those are some awesome vessels!
Here's some more pics of my pixie dust and silver experiments.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Apr-2004/32278-30.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Apr-2004/32278-31.jpg

StefaniBeads
04-09-2004, 10:06 AM
Jennifer - Beautiful flow of brights, very lovely!
Tink - I love all three, can't pick a fave here!
Judy - I love these frosted transparents, wonderful shapes here too! Makes me a tad bit envious! :evil:
Faith - I very much admire your lentils too, and I especially love your organic ones like these!
Sonya - Isn't that amber rose beautiful?! And look at what you did with it, drooool!!
Kalera - I love these, and they're so different!
Virginia - It amazes me what you have been accomplishing lately, look at the size of these!! Loving the new torch I'll bet! ;)
Karen - Lovely focal and yummy goodies! Wow!!
Hussy - Rich color in this bead, and a very nice shape! Keep it up!
Trey - Awesome!! Those are whirly-twirly cool! :cool:
Jen - Your experiments were definitely a success! :)

These are going to be some of my last HH beads, I'll soon be moving up to my Piranha set-up. You won't see my stuff on here for a while, because it will take some time to de-wonkify everything I make! I'm a little skeered of the hotter torch, lol! :rolleyes: :o

blazinghussy
04-09-2004, 10:20 AM
These are going to be some of my last HH beads, I'll soon be moving up to my Piranha set-up. You won't see my stuff on here for a while, because it will take some time to de-wonkify everything I make! I'm a little skeered of the hotter torch, lol! :rolleyes: :o

Oooh, I'm right there with ya! Tonight when I get home I ought to be able to hook up my Cheetah FINALLY and see how much damage I can do with soupy glass :D

And thanks for the comment :) I don't know what happened but the bead is much lighter in person, for some reason it photographed awfully dark, but it didn't seem that dark when I posted it from home. Wierd. :p

Lizardglass
04-09-2004, 10:23 AM
Ok I posted this on it's own thread but even so I am SO proud of them I can't wait to photo the whole bunch , I just got them out of the kiln and they look incredible (if I do say so myself) . Normally I am lampwork all the way but I hope you don't mind seeing a little fusing . I just got a saw so I had some fun with it last night. I am gonna post some more pictures later on because I took these last night before they went back in the kiln for a fire polish and they still have the fiber paper in place but I think you'll get the idea.
BTW EVERYONES beads look WONDERFUL!

blazinghussy
04-09-2004, 11:58 AM
Oh SURE! Just tempt me with yet ANOTHER piece of equipment to buy!

God, you people must hate me :p

Seriously, those are beautiful. What are you going to do with them? I think they'd look great as wire wrapped pendants or something along those lines. They'd also make GREAT bases for lapel pins :)

So let me ask you, did you fuse a blank and then cut or just cut from a sheet and then anneal?

Absolutely gorgeous!

koregon
04-09-2004, 12:21 PM
Jen G.......you are one of my all time favorites for focals...you make such glorious colors harmonize...that is one yummy bead...it sings!

Sonya....cool beads....amber rose rocks don't it?? yummy stuff

everyone...thanks so much for the wonderful eye candy this morning...the sun is out here in Oregon...another sunshine 70 degree day....wonder if I will make it to the torch...or play hookie...this time of year after the nasty winter rains and winds...its kinda hard not to get out and enjoy.

here are some floral lentils from yesterday.......I had crank up the tunes to drown out the sunshine.

Shirley C.
04-09-2004, 12:31 PM
yowza, what a glorious bunch of eye candy today!! holy cow!

it's been awhile since i've been out here, but now that i'm back from connecticut i can get back into the swing of things.

here's a bead i did earlier this week - i spent 2 1/2 hours on this thing because i couldn't stop "painting" with enamels. it was tedious - i was using a dental tool. but i was having so much fun with it, and when i put it in the kiln and looked at the clock i was stunned. sorry if this is a duplicate for some of you - i posted it out in the wearable art channel a few days ago.

jeffinthebox
04-09-2004, 12:38 PM
Jennifer - Amazing detail, beautiful.
Tink - Those are beautiful :clap:
Judy - I love the tribal designs!
Faith - That green really pops, very tasty.
Sonya - Very soft and lovely.
Kalera - The green set is my favorite...very rich.
Virginia - Wonderful layering...PS, you inspired my show and tell today.
Karen - The food is great and that focal is stunning.
Hussy - Good shape and rich tones. It's dark and subtle. I like.
Trey - Very pretty, I've gotta learn how to do those.
Jen - Oy! Those are fantastic.
Lisa - Those are very very pretty, I love the pattern and color.
LizardGlass - Love the fusing...great shapes and color.
Kaye - You're inspiring. Your detail is beautiful.
Shirley - I love the trees and the sky behind them is wonderful.

Here's my contribution...my first stars (inspired by Virginia) and another piece:

CorvetteJuliet
04-09-2004, 12:41 PM
Jennifer - Your beads are always incredible!
Tink - Fabulous vessles. I love the shape of the first one the best. :)
Judy - Such interesting stringer designs. Nice!
Briatha - The sparkle is an amazing contrast with the tan.
Sonya - That is a beautiful feminine set. I love it!
Kalera - What you do with the waves is so neat!
Virginia - You sure do have the BIG BEAD mastered!
Karen - It's lunch time & your beads are making me HUNGRY! I could eat up the gold dots bead too for that matter.
BlazingHussy - Nice & subtle color variations.
Trey - I love the bead hole view pictures! They're mezmerizing.
Jen, that bicone is georgous!
Stefani - Really really neat beads. I love the swirl around the bead hole.
Lizard glass - Too cool! I posted in your other thread too. :)
Koregon - I love the happy 60's style stringer flowers you do.
Shirley - That is amazing! Can you elaborate on the painting technique please? I LOVE it!

Here's my attempt last night at making decorated cubes. I think I'm getting the cube to hot during decorating which is why they're not really cubeish looking. :rolleyes:

JavaGirlBT
04-09-2004, 12:42 PM
Shirley, that is a beautiful bead! It's like an impressionist painting! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Jennifer Geldard
04-09-2004, 01:02 PM
yowza, what a glorious bunch of eye candy today!! holy cow!

it's been awhile since i've been out here, but now that i'm back from connecticut i can get back into the swing of things.

Shirley!! How dare you go to Connecticut and not let me know...
Sigh... So close and yet do you call???? Nnooooooooo..

Gorgeous bead anyway..(She says grudgingly)

amy fgb
04-09-2004, 01:23 PM
Wow, just incredible again! I need to come by here more often!!!!

Here's a newly-posted auction...

Debra DC
04-09-2004, 01:57 PM
Beautiful work, everyone! Really, really, nice stuff!

Drooling in VA,

Shirley C.
04-09-2004, 02:03 PM
jen! i had a list of "to-do's" 20 miles long - i had no time whatsoever to do anything i wanted to do, like see some of my long-time friends whom i haven't seen for a few years. i was taking care of "mom" business, still dealing with my dad's estate from his death a few years ago, and then we had a flood in mom's house. oh, the list just goes on and on... will you be at the gathering?

...Shirley - That is amazing! Can you elaborate on the painting technique please? ...

i think the word "technique" is pushing it a bit... LOL! i have the sample enamels, where you get little bags of bunches of colors. i put them in the little watchmaker's tins with the clear lids. so i spread these tins out on my work table, then using a small spoon i just sprinkle the enamels onto the base bead. on this bead, i used a base of white glass on the bottom and sky blue on the top. i try to get an impressionist sort of look to it. i guess i wasn't too far off base - thanks, ellen! that's for my basic ground cover and sky. once i get that down, i flatten the bead with my mashers. then i "paint" the mountains using one of the dental tools that i have. it looks like a little shallow scoop on the end - i load it up with enamel, then i put the enamel down on the bead by actually touching the tool to the bead so that i can guide the enamel where i want it. there are many layers of enamel color on this bead, which is why it took so long to do it. after my background is completely painted, i get out my stringer collection and put on the trees. very time-consuming process! needless to say, i don't make a whole bunch of these - but i do enjoy making them. this is the first one i've done where i've actually tried to paint on some mountains - i think i'll do a few more before the gathering.

double S
04-09-2004, 02:10 PM
beautiful work everyone as always. Here are my latest attempts:
floral practice
tab practice
stringer practice
humm do I see a pattern here ...practice, practice, practice :p
at least I am improving a bit
Lisa S

Beth Myers
04-09-2004, 03:17 PM
Anyone else ever just amazed at the beauty and diversity of glass?
Whenever I get to check the "show and tell" I am reminded at all the open ended possibilities.
Wonderful work all, I see a lot of attention to details.
That takes so much time, and effort.
Creativity on all these, goes without saying.
For what it's worth, back pats all around,
Beth

Patricia'sglass
04-09-2004, 09:28 PM
Oh Tink! Those vessels are gorgeous and the middle one to die for! Are they for sale? That's as far as I got and I had to say something! Now I'll go back and look at the rest of the thread. :D
I see that it's sold already. :crying:
Pattym

CorvetteJuliet
04-09-2004, 09:32 PM
Shirley - Thanks for the explanation! I used to do a lot of tole painting and would like to find a way to apply some of those skills to lampworking. Your process using the dental tools sounds intriguing! I'm going to have to try that out sometime. :) Thanks

Double S - I love the blue set. The colors are great! :)

Anyone else ever just amazed at the beauty and diversity of glass? Whenever I get to check the "show and tell" I am reminded at all the open ended possibilities.

I am amazed every morning!! It's become my routine to get my AM fix of the show & tell threads - after I check the kiln. :p I've been late to work more times than not the last few weeks because I keep getting sidetracked at WC! :D On the good side though - it's easier for me to get up in the morning, and I'm NOT an early bird at all! :p ~Juliet

beachbeads
04-09-2004, 09:52 PM
Hard to pick a favorite for today. I am in awe of Jennifer Gerald and tried a bead "like hers' not copying, just using enemals and silver and such. I ended up with this tulip bead. ( I have a LONG ways to go in comparsion with jennifer!) And here is the bead I sent off for the fire exchange. Mr. Booger I am not, I made about 20 fire beads I didn't like. Sheila

juliecab
04-10-2004, 10:58 PM
I love them all! I am getting back into the glass mode lately...just in time to have to pack up and move :) :)

Yum to all, but have to say, Karen Woodward....pink bicone...glorious!!

And Trey, your encased twisties are flawless and VUNDERBAR!

All are wonderful but just had to comment on those two in particular!!!

Miss you guys!