PDA

View Full Version : Burned WIPs/4o4

Tamana
04-08-2004, 05:03 PM
Sorry for the sucky photos o4..all oil/mixed media cut, ripped, burned canvases. Haven't quite figured out how to photograph them (re: backdrop) when I finish...thinking...thinking...

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Apr-2004/18021-WIPs.jpg
~

Actual sun rise through the little window. 18" x 22" (Ive got an entire series of these things going...)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Apr-2004/18021-Sunrise.jpg

Swallowing the mourning 24 x 36

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Apr-2004/18021-Song_Catcher.jpg

And then... 24 x 36

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Apr-2004/18021-Global_Warming.jpg
~

Sunrise & coffee on the terrace. How many of you (after a night of painting) watch the sun rise on them?

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Apr-2004/18021-Sunrise2.jpg

Thanks you much for looking. Any suggestions about backdrops greatly appreciated.

Gareth
04-08-2004, 06:22 PM
I never paint at night any more, and there's a part of me that misses it, but it's like the ghost of the face of an ex lover in my mind now. I only miss it when I dwell on it, besides, I've become a light snob, painting only in daylight, and late nights are spent sitting at the computer.

I can't help you on backgrounds either (the MOMA?), it all depends where they are I suppose. I just wanted to type something 'cause that last picture is so beautiful.

These works are never going to come across on a screen.

Michael-Ann
04-08-2004, 07:56 PM
These are mind-blowing! Very very very VERY cool...I wouldn't have ever thought it...I would love to see these in real life!

VieSaintSo
04-08-2004, 09:35 PM
Tam Tam...pushes the limit again! Go girl! burn canvas, an open door, just opened some more, what i would give to appreciate this live.
i know the pictures don't do you and you art justice....be patient child....it will all come together as we are will.
Fantastic! :clap:

axxxel
04-09-2004, 03:35 PM
wow Tam.. ok, i've been killed by u .. u've made something .. twisting my mind .. i just luv them ... u bring fresh stuff on board ... i m in luv with u , uknowthat? :evil:

somerset
04-09-2004, 03:46 PM
A glimpse of the outdoors seems a perfect backdrop. Like the interactive possibilities...

Drumbeat-trish
04-09-2004, 04:13 PM
Wow -these are sooooo powerful!!!!!!!!!!!!

selenemoon
04-09-2004, 04:18 PM
OMG, These are soooooooooooooo cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

futurebird
04-09-2004, 04:33 PM
I like the concept... but not the results. I'd like to see a greater relation between the content on the canvass and the burning.

brushstroked
04-09-2004, 09:01 PM
WOO HOO!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:
*jumps up and down, accidentally stepping on futurebird*

These are FANTASTIC, Tam! woot woot
Innovative, raw, going somewhere.
Gotta love a woman who ain't afraid to burn.
:D

Love ya!

Tamana
04-10-2004, 10:15 AM
Gareth: Always good to see you around. Night is about the only time for me left to paint after working a 40-50 hour work week. Then the weekends are always so rushed now it seems. I think that's why I love the outdoor studio on my terrace - even though it's dark most of the time when I paint, it's still outside connected to the nature of world, which is my muse.

The MOMA. Wouldn't that be something? You're right, these are never going to come across over the net. Thanks for saying something, the last photo is my favorite too. :)
~

Michael Ann: Thank you. If'n you're ever in NC, look me up. :)

~

Sylvie: Appreciate the encouragement. Yeps to the opening doors. I definitely feel I'm moving into a new direction, that's always exciting but frightening, isn't it? Full of wonder doubt awareness uncertainty... Patience is definitely key in that stage. :)
~

Mr. XXX: No. I didn't know that, and if Scott had a blushy face I would insert it now. Is always nice to be loved. Thanks so MUCH for your support. Hope to meet you when I get to France. :)
~

Somerset: Thanks :) I like natural too, just need to find a good medium without streets or cars or houses. lol.
~

Trish & Selene: Thanks!! Appreciate it. :)
~

futurebird: Thanks for your honesty. It's appreciated. I understand what you're talking about, but they are still WIP's, which means I'm not quite finished with em yet and have a few surprises sewing into them... :) I simply posted these because someone requested to see my burned stuff.
~

Laura: Play nice with the birdie!! ;) Thanks for your imput. Raw is right; these are my first and now the tedius work of cohesion begins :rolleyes: A stitch here a stitch there some glue weave here some glue weave there and a few surprised dropped down the chimney. I'm just having fun playing with the world!! I'm so glad you're having fun watching.

Thanks for your support and encouragement. Gotta love you too. :)
~

Thanks everyone for sharing your time with me. It's greatly appreciated. Probably won't be posting anymore updates on these unless I get a decent cam :rolleyes:

blkros
04-10-2004, 11:54 AM
Dayuuuummm!!!! Girl!
keep on trucking babee!
I like where you're going with these. Swallowing the mourning is my fave.
PS I don't have a trerrace.
PPS Are these on stretched canvas? How are the holding together?

PPPS XOXOXO

somerset
04-10-2004, 01:15 PM
Hey You! Now fully awake, I'll try to fill in my blanks.
1. Nice to see you posting again
2. As Sylvie notes, anyone familar with your works knows, these pics just do
not capture the essence of the real thing. Sort of having your picture
taken with a cardboard cutout of a celebrity. In the right light, this fake
will fool many but oh, aint nothin' like the real thing.

TeAnne
04-10-2004, 10:14 PM
Holy Hell! :)

This would have been great as performance art. Seeing pics of you actually burning these and seeing them on fire. :evil:

Tamana
04-11-2004, 11:06 AM
Thanks so much for the kindness, you guys. :)

Hey Keef! It's about time you showed your face 'round these parts! Nice to see ya back around.

arourapope
04-11-2004, 01:38 PM
Well, Miss Burn, I think this is quite an exciting thing you've got going on here. Have you given any thought to what's next for them? I can envision all kinds of fascinating possibilities regarding mounting them, what's peeking through, etc. I'll be watching....

lizzy
04-12-2004, 01:33 AM
yeah what she said: )
i can just imagine you in like an attic destroying as you create
the red one looks like it hurts the green one is a peaceful rain forest
sweet

jolie
04-12-2004, 06:56 AM
Very brave work! Those are often the best pieces, aren't they? When you can throw your hands up in the air, say "to hell with it", and be completely experimental with your precious supplies you can end up creating the most innovative, inspiring pieces. I'm really impressed with these.

I would love to hear how you get past the "OMG! I might ruin it!" stage and just go for it. I find I sometimes struggle once I have a basic concept started. It can look like a really great start, but then I am often afraid I will ruin it if I continue on.

Jolie

Gollator
04-12-2004, 07:18 AM
The red and the blue are very powerful indeed. I think they would eradiate best if attached to a smooth, clean, perfect white wall with some neat little lighters.

The burned holes give them an organic feel and reminder that our projections in the 2D are just illusions.

I wonder if they stink from smoke and fire?

404 is a cool title...