PDA

View Full Version : wearable art "humor"?

Shirley C.
04-08-2004, 01:44 PM
got this in an email today. the text of the email read:

repeat after me:

I will never complain about MY kids again ..........
I will never complain about MY kids again .........
I will never complain about MY kids again .

WillowMajestic
04-08-2004, 01:48 PM
Yikes!!! OUCH!!!

DonnaBee
04-08-2004, 01:54 PM
Oh my... that is worse than that lizard guy I saw on Ripley's...

Just think that person actually does have a mother!

beclectic
04-08-2004, 01:56 PM
I will never complain about MY kids again....

That picture made this my mantra.

You wonder if all that color is a tatoo and if he will still be happy with it in 30 years. That is definately a strong personal statement.

TurtleBay Jewelry
04-08-2004, 02:03 PM
That my friends, is a female.

Hehe, I've seen this pic before.

It is quite a statement alright. If my son ever comes home with a small piercing or one tattoo, any my husband has a heart attack (being the military minded man he is), I'll just refer him to this pic and tell him to be thankful. /wink

~D.

beclectic
04-08-2004, 02:16 PM
I almost put 'it' instead of he or she but then I just guessed. Should have gone with 'it'. English needs a non sex specific pronoun that doesn't imply an insult, the he/she thing is considered unacceptable and is a pain to type out anyway.

I propose we use zir for his or her and zee for he or she. Let's just proactively change the English language! :::this is a joke::::

TurtleBay Jewelry
04-08-2004, 02:21 PM
LOL!

Zir and Zee....cute.

~D.

Barrie
04-08-2004, 02:54 PM
I have a couple of very good friends that are tattoo artists/piercers, and I am so forwarding that picture to them!! Talk about extreme!!!
My son's getting his tongue pierced on Saturday, and I'm getting my second tattoo next Friday - so I do have an open mind, but JEEZ!!!!!

(i wonder what security at the airport would be like............and if those are the piercings on her face, what else has she got pierced? EEEWWWWW!!! Sorry for that nasty mental picture!!!)

TurtleBay Jewelry
04-08-2004, 03:02 PM
Heheh Barrie.

I have a piercing or two myself, but that's a little over the top. At least for me; I wouldn't go that far to express myself. That's why I have art.

However, I would like to point out that most body jewelry is made of titanium, which doesn't set off metal detectors. I know this, because of A) my piercings, and B) I have a titanium ball bearing in my jaw socket. /chuckle

~D.

DonnaBee
04-08-2004, 03:19 PM
and if those are the piercings on her face, what else has she got pierced? EEEWWWWW!!!

Or, what's not pierced! (Probably not much!)

TheBlueBetween
04-08-2004, 04:46 PM
if MY kid EVER..... well I won't finish that.

Isn't it funny - I don't care if anyone else wants to do that kind of thing, but I SO don't want my sweet Luke to do it. I think it would break my heart.

lunamoonshadow
04-08-2004, 05:20 PM
My mother CRIED when I pierced my ears at 16.....My sister (younger) waited till she was 24 to pierce hers, 6 weeks before her wedding...now SHE has multiples in each ear, one in the top of her ear, and her bellybutton peirced...and my mother thinks it's COOL (go figure!) & my sister has me make her "custom" dangly stuff for her belly piercing.... Me, on the other hand, I've just got the original ear piercings, plus one more on one side...(my mom keeps telling me NOW that it's "ok with her" if I want to pierce my bellybutton or more in my ears---like @ 38 I NEED her permission!!!)
Gotta love it!
--Lyn

TheBlueBetween
04-08-2004, 05:27 PM
oh that reminds me when I was 9 my parents were divorced and I was spending a month at my dad's during the summer and he let me get my ears pierced without my mom's ok - well I had pierced ears for a month and then when I got back home my mom made me take them out and let them grow closed. I had to wait till I was 12 (which was the original agreement) to get them pierced again. Looking back I can't beleive she made me do that. Oh well. SHE's lucky I didn't do what this person in the picture did to get her back hahaha :evil:

chuckie
04-09-2004, 08:04 AM

Unless they come home looking like this. Geez, I'm glad I didn't see that one before I went to bed last night.

Char

debkauz
04-09-2004, 12:28 PM
Eeeewwwwwww. Makes me glad that I don't have kids. I mean, I could've gotten THAT one! I'm pretty OK with what people want to do with themselves, but that it just a BIT extreme!

Deb :eek:

GardensOnGlass
04-09-2004, 04:31 PM
The worst mine have done is: 1) oldest son at 15 dyed his hair blue, then orange, then green (It's been happily naturally brown for the past 4 years), and 2) oldest daughter got her bellybutton pierced, but then she caught it on something at work & it pulled out. I'm guessing she's not going that route again. We've managed to steer clear of tattoos so far, but they're 19, 17 1/2, 16 1/2, and 13 1/2 so I'm sure one or two will crop up!

joycerenee
04-09-2004, 05:29 PM
That's just downright scary. Yuk!