PDA

View Full Version : My DHTB's first beads!!

StefaniBeads
04-08-2004, 01:16 PM
Okay.....I've been bugging him for quite a while to sit down and just try to make one bead! His excuses up to this point were, "I'm not really artistic, and my hands will probably shake." His hands don't shake, not that I ever noticed. I wanted to prove a point to him and had him draw some things on paper, not bad at all! Plus, I love the "alien head" that he made out of polymer clay a long time ago. He has talent that he won't use, that's what I know! I think he feels a little intimidated because our whole family comes from an art background.

I let him pick out the colors, red and a transparent amber. The top pic is the first one, and he's complaining of wonkiness and sharp holes, lol! I tell him to give himself a break, it's the first time trying this! He does occasionally evaluate my beads for wonkiness. So I say this - If he can tell if a bead is wonky, then he should be making them too! I give him this face - :p

The second one is so well shaped! It took me 4-5 sessions before I could get one shaped that good. Dumb me wasn't paying attention when he chose the colors and I let him use Moretti red and BE amber! There are little cracks in it all over but it stayed in one piece. When I told him what I did, he gives me this look - :rolleyes:

Now he is more interested in making beads himself rather than just praising mine all the time. I'm pretty lucky that he is very supportive of what I'm doing, even if it means spending a lot of time out there away from him! :evil: ;) :D

DebbieSue
04-08-2004, 01:18 PM
Wow! That's a pretty nice looking bead! :clap:

Debbie

Shawn T.
04-08-2004, 01:20 PM
Lisa,

Well.....I am impressed! Tell him that this is something that he can do well, only if my second bead looked like that, no telling where I would be now. Problem being now, you will have to fight for torch time. :evil:

Shawn

3SistersBeads
04-08-2004, 09:43 PM
I remember when Matt gave me my starter kit for Christmas. We set it up and I looked at the video a zillion times. I get on the torch and proceed to make a MESS! He gets on the torch and makes an almost perfect bead. Man, was I pissed! :D

What's up with that?

Tell your man that he done good! So, does this mean that you're both going to be fighting for torch time?

Blessings,

DonnaBee
04-09-2004, 10:04 PM
Yay Lisa's DHTB! Very, very impressive! :clap:

gb-beads
04-09-2004, 11:08 PM
Great job!! He obviously had a fabulous instructor!! :p

Hey, I understand the DH part (what is TB? toy boy? ) Don't laugh. :rolleyes:

Tink
04-10-2004, 12:02 AM
I remember when Matt gave me my starter kit for Christmas. We set it up and I looked at the video a zillion times. I get on the torch and proceed to make a MESS! He gets on the torch and makes an almost perfect bead. Man, was I pissed! :D

What's up with that?

That's how it was with me and Prairieson! He was able to make perfectly balanced beads right away. Freaked me out, I tell ya!

I think Lisa's DHTB did a smashingly good job, and even moreso because it was his FIRST TIME! I can't believe it was his FIRST TIME! Have I said yet that it was his FIRST TIME at the torch????

Woooohoooooooooooooooo! You ROCK, DHTB!

StefaniBeads
04-10-2004, 06:07 AM
Hey, I understand the DH part (what is TB? toy boy? ) Don't laugh. :rolleyes:

LOL!! (I HAD to laugh! :D ) I forget who, but someone else on here used this, and I didn't ask, I just assumed it meant "Darling Husband To Be!" I really didn't want to use BF and I got tired of writing husband-to-be, lol!