09-04-2001, 10:00 PM
Kevin
What a great shot.
Those eyes would melt any heart.
Is he/she your companion?

What breed is this?

spectru
09-04-2001, 10:22 PM
This is a terrific photo, Kevin. I see the Canon G1 being used by people who know how to make a good picture.

I am getting the urge to upgrade from my three-year-old and hopelessly out of date Kodak DC260. How do you like the G1? And more importantly what do you dislike about it or what features do you wish it had that it doesn't?

What I'm hoping to find is a small, rugged digital that will give me the control I have with my 35mm SLRs without the pricetag of a digital SLR.

Kevin M
09-05-2001, 10:20 AM
Hi gang,

Max is 9 months old this week and is quite the best behaved springer puppy we have ever had. His predecessor, a half brother, that we miss sorely, ate most of my studio, large parts of the house and had the endearing habit of greeting visitors by peeing on their shoes. Max, on the other hand, has demolished large parts of the garden but the studio and house are intact and only the odd visitor gets sprinkled.

Spectru: Re compacts and control,

This is precisely why I opted for the G1, I wanted an in-your-pocket camera with the same picture control as a conventional camera. If you are into capturing fast action, then the SLR is the way to go. But if you are more easy going and prefer landscapes etc, the present generation of compacts are more than adequate (and miles less expensive).

The G1 is not perfect - the meter doesnt function in manual mode so you have to switch back and forth between modes. Also it would be nice if you could zoom focussing in the LCD, and the auto focus is inclined to a bit erratic with some subjects.
Aparently these are all fixed in the G2 available this month. However, I am not tempted to upgrade and can live with the inconveniences in the G1.

Kevin
G1 Gallery (http://homepage.eircom.net/~bot/paint/photo.htm)

auntie_chaos
09-08-2001, 11:56 AM
Hi Kevin .. I'm just new here and your's was one of the first pics I viewed and immediately fell in love with the dog! You seem to have captured the personality well. Beautiful picture - beautiful dog! Thanx for sharing.