PDA

View Full Version : Thursday show and tell

Virginia L.
04-08-2004, 02:33 AM
I was hoping there was a thread already started, I hate to start one with my sad bead...it is so frustrating, these big beads take so much time, even with the minor, and use up sooooooo much glass, and the bead release broke and I could not finish shaping it, AND, there must have been a bubble inside or something, cause the other side has a huge "dip" in it. It is 3 and 1/2 inches...Dang, and it has some wonderful reactions on it, a LOT of copper, really neat. The other is Pink opalino with gold and turq and black decorations...Hope you all have a wonderful Thursday - God Bless - Virginia L.

Briatha
04-08-2004, 02:41 AM
Virginia awesome long bead! I really like the pink opalino one :)

Amethyst Dwarven Gems Lentils

GreenGurrrl
04-08-2004, 03:22 AM
Virginia I love that long bead, it seems very earthly to me, maybe organic is the right term? Itís very lovely, I would like to make long beads like that some day.

Briatha those lentils look so incredibly sparkly, very nice.

Here are some of my practice beads; I'm still trying to get them uniform in size. The pics aren't so great, I can't wait to stop scanning and figure out my new camera.

Amy

Carriebug
04-08-2004, 04:05 AM
Great eye candy this morning!

Virginia~I love your long bicones
Faith~Your Gems series is lovely
Amy~Those practice beads look pretty good to me!!

Here's something from me, I am trying out my new camera! Yay, finally! :clap: Periwinkle and transparent cobalt with SIS.

JCA
04-08-2004, 05:11 AM
Virginia-Cool bi-cone
Faith- I'd say sparkly also.
Amy- Looks like you got size matching down :clap:
Carrie- Beautiful!
I tried to do a different shape came out a little lopsides.
But I really like the fire. I put a second layer of flames over the first.

jkittels
04-08-2004, 07:36 AM
Virginia-Those are long bi-cones! NICE
Briatha-like the sparkle on those...is that dicro?
Amy- You look like you have the sizes pretty uniform to me...
Carrie- I like the colors...
JCA-Always like your fire beads...Deflinitly would be a "hot" item at the Sturgis motercycle rally!

Here is my offering for today...a few boro's..

Julie K.

maureen
04-08-2004, 07:37 AM
great start as always.....gotta run but here are mine...the hearts are going to be made into pendants and keychains for my wedding favors....vegas here i come! maureen

SimplyShaunda
04-08-2004, 07:46 AM
Thought this would be a good place to post my 3rd and 4th times at the torch. I am loving it and cannot wait to get my bulk tank next week. The heart is from my first time at the torch. Good morning to all. I can actually tell that I am learning with each hour. I need to get more mandrels!!! :D

Trey Cornette
04-08-2004, 07:59 AM
Good morning everyone.
I went a little frit crazy this week
Have a great Day
TC

Teri.p
04-08-2004, 08:03 AM
WOW! What a great start to the day, all these lovelies.

No gingham from me today. These have a base of Moretti Violet, silver leaf, gold ruby frit, then encased in clear.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Apr-2004/23019-040164aa.jpg

Teri

happylsds
04-08-2004, 08:44 AM
What lovelies all! I don;t have time to comment on everyone's today - I MUST go torch! (I was very bad yesterday!)

Here's a few of my frit experiments. I can't stop putting Ocelot spots on EVERYTHING!

CarlaAlexander
04-08-2004, 08:57 AM
Wow there are some really neat beads on here today. Jim I LOVE your flames.

I have to agree with the ocelots since that is what I have to show today too.

jeffinthebox
04-08-2004, 08:58 AM
Beautiful stuff everybody. Trey, I love those sets...the frit looks great.

Here are some of my latest...

greatfindsct
04-08-2004, 09:17 AM
Wow, great morning start everyone!
I love your long bicones Virginia, they're coming out really great :)
Faith, great lentils, and a gorgeous color combination,
Amy, looks like you're doing great with your sizes and uniform shapes, keep at it!
Carrie, I love those colors together :)
Jim, great new shape to add to your fantastic flame beads :)
Julie, your boro looks yummy! Great colors
Maureen, they are soooo pretty, great job with uniformity (is that a word?).lol
SimplyShaunda-Wow, like I said before, you've found your niche!
TC-Gorgeous lentils as usual, I love the 2nd set
Teri, what no gingham? lol Great beads, very "boro-ish"
Laura-great experiments! Don't you love when you like how they come out?
Carla-great first set, I love the colors together :)
Jeff-I love the pendant! Very nice!

Well, Here are some of my new experiments with pixie dust and silver-I actually made a 2.5" bicone with my hothead! Yay, that was a bit challenging though...lol
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Apr-2004/32278-23.jpg

pearsonglass
04-08-2004, 09:21 AM
Here is my giant starburst bead. This is a new version of my pulsar series , and I have been really happy with the response. My hands get red from the heat making these guys.

Brad

SonyaHusko
04-08-2004, 09:50 AM
Brad, that's amazing!

Here's a new boro set, spacers & charms by me, focals by Chris~

meh2purple
04-08-2004, 10:23 AM
Holy smokes Brad!!! :eek: That is one LARGE, gorgeous bead!!! :clap:

Mary

meh2purple
04-08-2004, 10:30 AM
great start as always.....gotta run but here are mine...the hearts are going to be made into pendants and keychains for my wedding favors....vegas here i come! maureen

Maureen,
What a wonderful, little gift that will be for your wedding favors!! You'll have to post pics. of the finished pieces! So... you must be getting married in Vegas?? Have fun... sounds like a blast.

My bestfriend is getting married in a month, and I'm making the jewelry for the bridesmaids. I'm her maid of honor. I've used just pearls and Swarovski crystals, and put it all on memory wire. It has turned out really pretty. Although, I've still got 4 more necklaces to make AND the earrings. :( My time is running out too!! eeeeks!!!

Mary

Lisa Jordan
04-08-2004, 10:49 AM
Good Morning All!
Virginia, ugh, don't you hate when that happens!! It's still a pretty bead!
Faith, I love the contrast, stunning
Amy, your beads are looking very uniform. I like the effect on the 1st bead on the left.
Carrie, your new camera is working for you! Nice beads!
Jim, My fav fire of yours, looks like a campfire, warm memories
Julie, Love the color color coming through
Maureen, great beads and a grear idea (have fun)
Shaunda, 3rd and 4th time? Wow, I can't believe you even tried a heart and it looks great!
Trey, your beads just POP, very striking
Teri, moretti violet? I never would have guessed, great colors!
Laura, great shapes!
Carla, your 1st set matches the backround perfectly!!
Jeff, love the pendant best, um or the small barrel, um or..
Jen, Cool effects!
Brad, Gulp!!!!!
Sonya, your sets always give me a happy feeling!
Hope I didn't miss anyone!!!!
Here are a few of mine....

ctseibels
04-08-2004, 10:56 AM
Great stuff this AM. I have not been a big fan of lentils until lately...and now I am really wanting the lentil stamp. Ya'll are coming up with such cool lentil beads, you might make me give in! I love the variety of patterns and styles that you can get in them. But the price...ouch.
Have you seen Corina's new stamp? Just up today, I think...it's a lollipop shape...really fun.
I have been working on some big pendants, and some big beads...been inspired by Brad (that one today is a real WOW!)
Have a great day everyone. It's raining here, so it will be a productive one for me! I've already updated my website (which rarely happens, so I am feeling productive!)
Carter

rosebead
04-08-2004, 11:17 AM
Great beads everyone. It really makes me wish I could get more torch time. Everytime I see such nice work I just want to go out and try to make something of my own.

mperaza
04-08-2004, 11:26 AM
Wonderful beads everyone! I don't know how you remember all of the beads posted when there is this many - I can't and see any pictures when I'm submitting a reply. I do remember one bead for sure - Brad - all I can say is WOW!

Here are a few from me ...
Have a great day!
Marilyn

Linnea
04-08-2004, 11:41 AM
OH MY GOSH,, I have missed S&T so much, I had a good time on my girls only weekend but I missed my wetcanvas and torch. I don't have anything to show today, But those huge beads rock :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

koregon
04-08-2004, 12:00 PM
Jim! your flame beads are so signature you!...those are perfect for a biker to wear. Someday I will have to win one, have bid many times but forgot to come back and bid again. Do you ever do buy it now's on them???

Brad...all I can say is WOW...that is one big bead with perfect detailing...WOW...amazing work!

here is mine for the day...playing with color some more...they kinda remind me of Feista, Mexico...Ole and all that...

LoriGreenberg-Beadnerd
04-08-2004, 12:07 PM
If I commented on everyone's, in my natural style, I'd take up three pages because I can't be concise. (see?)

Star beads are sticking with me. Same reaction...Holy Smokes!

Here are some of my latest:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Apr-2004/16432-2004_0405b6.jpg

blissfulgardenbeads
04-08-2004, 12:21 PM
Oh my so many pretty ones today, I love them all! Have a great day! Here is mine. Heather

Virginia L.
04-08-2004, 01:19 PM
Here is my giant starburst bead. This is a new version of my pulsar series , and I have been really happy with the response. My hands get red from the heat making these guys.

Brad
THUD!!!!!!! that is me hitting the floor, while I am down there, I am looking up and it is just as beautiful from every angle...You are such inspiration for me...God Bless - Virginia L.

StefaniBeads
04-08-2004, 01:48 PM
Wow! Amazing stuff on here today! Too many for me to comment on all, I'm busy cutting sheet glass today. Every now and then I have to come back in the a/c, get a break, and play on the computer, WC! of course! What a mess, all those micro-shards everywhere! :rolleyes:

Here's a big focal made with the 2003 coral (I think that's what coral it is!), the sort of pinkish shade. I would love to try that new mango-orange color! And some "camouflage".

amy fgb
04-08-2004, 02:02 PM
It's been ages since I've visited/posted anything here, but boy was today the day to do it!!! Man alive... Well anyway, here's what I just listed about an hour ago...

Amy

Winston Doull
04-08-2004, 02:02 PM
Hi Vingina
Thurdays are good day to do some contact work and look back what was done and you have another day to do what you still have to do.
Some paintings on the disc shape
God bless
Winston

www.designsinglass.de

silverstone6
04-08-2004, 02:57 PM
Hi, everyone. Wonderful show today, as usual. Jim, like the new "flame" shape. Laura and Carla - great use of Ocelot Spots. I have not been able to get anything out of mine that looks as nice, but need to play more. Brad, as always, THUD. Amy, what an elegant heart shape.

Here's one of mine from the kiln this morning using Val's Iris Gold frit for the metallic dots. Love this stuff!

Susan W. in Calgary

Loriola
04-08-2004, 03:02 PM
Hi all-this is my first real s&t (I posted a bunch of pics in my "hello" post yesterday). So here goes-
first of all WOW!!! I LOVE what everyone is doing!!
Ok, here's what I found in my kiln this morning-

Toxey's Treasures
04-08-2004, 04:04 PM
Beautiful Beads everyone!! I promise I will show my first wonky bead that I make no matter how it looks :evil: . You all have been so supportive and shown all of your work, I think the least I can do is show my first bead when I finally get to it.