PDA

View Full Version : Thursday 4/8 Show & Tell...

mistymade
04-08-2004, 01:00 AM
I can't believe I made something besides rings and pendants! :eek: :D

Shirley C.
04-08-2004, 01:16 AM
ooooooo, misty, i love it! great colors and design. did you make the clasp?

i've been thinking about you, wondering if you still make beads - like, do you even have the time?

looking forward to seeing more of your work!

lisilk
04-08-2004, 05:48 AM
Beautiful design and colors Misty and the clasp very unusual.

I still have the fantasy that one day I will be able to start the S&T thread but I can ever seem to beat you gals from east of the Rockies ! LOL.

Lovely set.

Li

beclectic
04-08-2004, 08:57 AM
Misty, I love the asymmetry of your piece and the way it surprises me in little details. :cool:

RottweilerMom
04-08-2004, 09:16 AM
Oh that is so cool and especially the colors I just love!!!!! I have a friend who would love that bracelet!

This morning I took better photos of the bracelets I made the other night. These are my first bracelets I've ever made! :o I used that stretch cord but learned as I was making them, it was a little thick to feed the ends off of the knots through the beads to really finish it off professionally. So, make and learn! LOL

I love that blue one I made! I wore it out yesterday :p

DonnaBee
04-08-2004, 10:20 AM
Morning everyone! :)

SuzyQ
04-08-2004, 10:44 AM
Very pretty Misty!

RottweilerMom - You will learn to test a bead before making the whole bracelet, but then.... when very excited about a design..... you'll forget and learn again. :) Nice color combinations on your first bracelets!

Here is something I just made this morning. I can't wait to wear it! I always buy with the intention of selling but sometimes a little treat is just for me. Check out this Lori (beadnerd) bead "truffle" all for me, me, me.

LoriGreenberg-Beadnerd
04-08-2004, 11:30 AM
Hey SuzyQ.

I Love what you did with it and LOVE the 'truffle' name! How appropriate. I'll trade you some beads to be able to use the name! ;)

TheBlueBetween
04-08-2004, 11:34 AM
Oh I regognized that Lori bead! Lori, I think you've found a "signature" style :clap: :clap:

Here is the bracelet I've been working on. I can't decide if it reminds me of watermelons or apple blossoms, and I'm waiting for the sun to come out a little more so I can take an outdoor shot:

Andee
04-08-2004, 11:35 AM
Hi Everybody,

Delurking at last... ;) I'm Andee (well, actually Andrea, but...), 38, German and started making jewelry last May... Here's a necklace I made today - I'm very much into hearts atm...
Lampwork mine, freshwater pearls, seedbeads and faceted glass beads.

@ Rottweilermum - I love the colour combination in the second bracelet - unusual, but great! :)

Andee
http://www.gimme.de/andeesign
[IMG]

TurtleBay Jewelry
04-08-2004, 12:09 PM
Great work this morning, everyone! Glad to see the Procrastination thread hasn't taken you all hostage indefinitely. ;)

Rot-Mom, your bracelets are great. I am always partial to blues, but the unusual color combo of the second is really striking. Great eye!

~Danielle

SuzyQ
04-08-2004, 12:19 PM
Lori - The name is yours! (with or without beads :) )

Pam - Very pretty and I see apple blossoms/ granny smith green/ spring. Save watermellon for the hot summer. Is it coming yet?

Andee - Welcome! That sure is a pretty necklace. I like the way the strand works with the heart.

beclectic
04-08-2004, 01:48 PM
Pam - All I see is watermelon when I look at that bracelet. Whatever you decide it is going to be the Watermelon in April bracelet to me. :D

Glad you delurked Andee and with such a pretty contribution too.

Everyone - once again lots of beautiful things to look at, thanks. I'm so slow, I'm still working on the dragon necklace and will be for a long time.

Shirley C.
04-08-2004, 02:06 PM
i love this thread - everyone's work is terrific!

no time to make new stuff lately, gotta be on the torch. but here's one of my "elderly" pieces using one of my bronze age beads and a few fossil accessory beads.

Andee
04-08-2004, 02:57 PM
@ Suzi and Barbara - thanks for the warm welcome!

@ Pam - great bracelet, reminds me of fresh, green apples and raspberries - yummy!

@ Shirley - gorgeous focal bead, and what a great way to show it off! :)

As I said, I have a "thing" with hearts atm, so here are two more variations of the same theme... Again - lampwork hearts are mine, lots of Swarowski beads, bugles and seedbeads and some etched faceted beads. Let me know if hearts get boring! ;)

Andee

Archer
04-08-2004, 04:25 PM
Hi all. What a wonderful show and tell! I really like the idea of a place where finished jewelry fits in.

I just introduced myself over on the Glass forum. After lurking for a couple of months, I'm finally going to try to participate. Thought I'd post a couple of bracelets I made after a class this weekend. Been wanting to learn how to work with wire and this really gave a me a good start.

The center beads are mine and a couple of the other beads on the copper bracelet are mine too. Now, to see if it appears.

Maryanne

TheBlueBetween
04-08-2004, 04:30 PM
I'm glad to see everyone is showing off stuff again - I was getting sad when there wasn't much going on for a few days when we were all tired and procrastinating! And some new names too - welcome!

Andee - Apples and Raspberries is perfect! It does say watermelon to me because it's that kind of pink, and the apple blossoms around here are a bit paler - but raspberries really work - it's funny, I was out driving to my kid's soccer and was looking at all the blooms and thought it was raspberries or blackberries with that pink color on the side of the road. I have a couple more beads that are even more watermellony... and I am going to put them in a necklace soon... it's going to get kind of fruity on my site ;)

RottweilerMom
04-08-2004, 04:36 PM
Everyone has posted incredible stuff!!!! :clap: I just everything that has been posted thus far. This is such a good thread!

I too think watermelon with the bracelet that TheBlueBetween posted.

Thanks for the comments on my goodies! That second color combo I had help with a color wheel. I have one for my landscape design stuff. I couldn't figure out what I wanted to use with those cantelope colored beads...so I broke that out and that's what I came up with. At first I didn't know what I thought about it...but it's really starting to grow on me. I'm having a lot of fun playing with the color because with my horse/dog art, I only work in black and white. :)

TheBlueBetween
04-08-2004, 04:43 PM
Thanks for the comments on my goodies! That second color combo I had help with a color wheel. I have one for my landscape design stuff. I couldn't figure out what I wanted to use with those cantelope colored beads...so I broke that out and that's what I came up with. At first I didn't know what I thought about it...but it's really starting to grow on me. I'm having a lot of fun playing with the color because with my horse/dog art, I only work in black and white. :)

I meant to comment on your color combo too! I think it's a great one and I know that it's a popular color combo with the older ladies (ie. my dh's mom and aunt in florida).

Wire Mania
04-08-2004, 04:49 PM
SuzyQ - Love your necklace made with the Lori bead...I just so happen to have an order for some of those beads in with her right now...Can't wait to get them (I think I'll keep them for myself)...

lisilk
04-08-2004, 05:28 PM
Gorgeous work everyone. I want one of everything !

Li

TheBlueBetween
04-08-2004, 08:58 PM
Hey, lookie this! I have a second piece to show today! This one reminds me of blackberries. It is a fruity day in my world today ;)

DonnaBee
04-08-2004, 09:24 PM
Everyone... Gorgeous! Wow!!!

mistymade
04-09-2004, 01:24 AM
ooooooo, misty, i love it! great colors and design. did you make the clasp?

The star clasp came from snootyvixen's bulk buy form CGM. I LOVE this clasp, if she ever does another bulk buy, I'm gonna stock up!!!:D

RottweilerMom, I LOVE your bracelets! The one with amber is my fav.

SuzyQ, cute necklace! I relly like Lori's new style of beads!

Pam, your bracelet is so cool! I can't image how much time you put into it! It looks like a patch of watermelons.

Andee, welcome to WC! Your necklaces are very pretty and the hearts are wonderful!

Shirley, I love your necklace! Mmmmmm....bronze age beads....:D

Maryanne, cool bracelets! And welcome to the wearable art forum!