PDA

View Full Version : Reading with Dutch

Michael-Ann
04-07-2004, 11:33 PM
In the Open Critique forum there was some discussion about figure studies...I have never done this but being intrigued and having a hubby who likes to strip down, I had to give it a go...I think there are some serious flaws for my first figure painting alla prima...but none the less it was fun and I hope you think so too:)

Please forgive the flash...I had no daylight left:(

surreal
04-08-2004, 02:17 AM
In the Open Critique forum there was some discussion about figure studies...I have never done this but being intrigued and having a hubby who likes to strip down, I had to give it a go...I think there are some serious flaws for my first figure painting alla prima...but none the less it was fun and I hope you think so too:)

Please forgive the flash...I had no daylight left:(
Hi Michael-Ann,
I like your style very much.
I like the painting much, except for the fact that the upper part of his left leg doesn't appear to be connected to his body.
:)
P.S. - Love your palette!

Martin de Vore
04-08-2004, 02:41 AM
Michael-Ann:

Very interesting. I like Dutch. What medium are you primarily using these days? Acrylics?

Martin

Michael-Ann
04-08-2004, 12:41 PM
Hi Nina and thank you for commenting :) Frankly I am surprised any thing was anatomically identifiable :D This was the first time I just sat down with a blank canvas and started to paint a live person...When I was through i couldn't get past how comical this seemed to me. Need more practice and more naked people hanging out in my living room :D

Hi Martin!!!!! Wow! You caught me:D Yeah I have been primarily messing around with acrylics...just starting to play with the oils...they are so very different! I totally like the extended blending time you get with the oils...but I am so impatient! When I get an urge I want to follow through with it until I'm done...don't want to have to stop and then pick it up again 4-7 days later when something else has started to burn!

surreal
04-08-2004, 12:45 PM
Hi Nina and thank you for commenting :) Frankly I am surprised any thing was anatomically identifiable :D This was the first time I just sat down with a blank canvas and started to paint a live person...When I was through i couldn't get past how comical this seemed to me. Need more practice and more naked people hanging out in my living room :D
Excellent first attempt in painting a nude!!!
:D

VieSaintSo
04-08-2004, 04:30 PM
This is great!!! i just finish writing and went back to see it again and lost everything i wrote :evil: so here i go again....
does he have great abs like this in real life? wow! :p
i can't believe it is your first time painting nude,to me this it great impressionist work, the colors are delighfull, i like that you put the parot so big!
I really like your attitude with art; you go ahead unscared and try different approach, i really applaud you :clap:
Be patient with oil, to me its so much more fun :D

Michael-Ann
04-08-2004, 08:04 PM
Well Sylvie...I cannot tell a lie...he IS in good shape...but perhaps not so well defined in the ab region...;) Thank you for your encouraging words - I devour them heartily!!:D

Tamana
04-08-2004, 08:48 PM
I can't believe this is your first nude. I STILL can't get it. Then again...I don't have an inspiring model either....(hmmm *ding*). You did a good job with the muscle definition and the light. God I would LOVE that, someone who just loves to strip down comfortably...it ain't happenin around here I'm tellin ya. I mean he's just kicked back reading...it's great.

I hope you pursue this. :)

Michael-Ann
04-08-2004, 09:11 PM
:D Thank you Tamana...he is a TOTAL nudee freak...I think there is some sort of electronic device connected to the door so that when he gets inside the house and the door shuts - puh-TING!~off come the clothes...After this thread he's thinking of taking up a job posing for art clubs :D He's thrilled that someone would pay you to do nothing but sit naked!

Thank you very much :D