PDA

View Full Version : Eyeball Jewelry??? !

TheBlueBetween
04-07-2004, 10:05 PM
Check this out!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4685961/

Kerensamere
04-07-2004, 10:13 PM
OK, that is just WRONG!!!

I wear contact lenses (I've been wearing them for almost 20 years!) and the concept of having something implanted in my eye makes even me wince!

YUCK!

If I really want to make my eyes look different I'll stick with make-up or colored contacts.

To each his own. What will they think of next?

-Jen

TheBlueBetween
04-07-2004, 10:18 PM
LOL, I couldn't even read the whole article it made my eyes hurt just looking at that picture!

mistymade
04-07-2004, 11:12 PM
Yep, my eyeballs are hurting too! Wouldn't that make your eye ultra sensative? I guess a person would get used to that thing sticking in their eyeball, but...OUCH! I freak out when I get an eyelash in my eye, I can't imagine sticking "jewelry" in there!LOL:D

Shirley C.
04-08-2004, 01:19 AM
well, if you're gonna stick something in your eye, it might as well be jewelry. bbwwaaahahahaaarrrggghhhh yuck eeewwwwww!

leave it to the dutch to be out there on the cutting edge... :D

lisilk
04-08-2004, 02:29 AM
Oh those funky Dutch.

I think of how members of my family are fighting macular degeneration, the idea of deliberately harming yours eyes is just insane.

Yikes

Li

diva
04-08-2004, 05:40 AM
well, if you're gonna stick something in your eye, it might as well be jewelry. bbwwaaahahahaaarrrggghhhh yuck eeewwwwww!

Yeah, but it should also do something cool, like glow in the dark, or shoot tiny darts or something...

beclectic
04-08-2004, 09:09 AM
Yeah, but it should also do something cool, like glow in the dark, or shoot tiny darts or something...

I have to agree.

Having something like that put in your eye has to have a chance of infection. My eyes are my life, I couldn't make jewelry without them. It is not worth the risk, to me anyway. It would have to do more - like have a magnyfying lens that flipped over my eye when I wanted it to or a telephoto attachment or something to make me take the chance.

I'll stick with adornments that are a little less invasive.

busy91
04-08-2004, 10:16 AM
I heard it on the radio and saw it in the paper this morning. Why would anyone want to put something in their eye that they don't have to? I don't mess with my vision or anything in the area of my vision. People do the strangest things.

DonnaBee
04-08-2004, 10:39 AM
well, if you're gonna stick something in your eye, it might as well be jewelry

lol!

I haven't clicked on the link yet. I am scared! (That isn't like me! For some reason I am scared. I will look later, maybe this afternoon. :p )

SuzyQ
04-08-2004, 10:45 AM
Eewwww!!!!!

debkauz
04-08-2004, 10:56 AM
YEOUCH!!! And you wonder why her sclera is so red! What WAS she thinking??? Why would anyone ever take that kind of chance with their eyes?

Deb

DrPam
04-08-2004, 01:41 PM
Yeah, just no. And all that cost and risk for what looks like a heart-shaped piece of confetti??? No. But if they could make my irises glow in the dark or something, that would be cool. There might actually be novelty contact lenses that allow that, but I heard they're bad for your eyes--don't breathe properly or some such.

People are so wacky.

-Pam
http://www.pamarama.com

Kerensamere
04-08-2004, 02:29 PM
This thread is just begging for the following statement, I appologize in advance, but I've just gotta do it!

It's all fun and games 'till somebody looses and eye!

Ok, maybe it should be:

It's all fun and games 'till somebody puts jewelry in their eye!

Sorry, had to do it.

TheBlueBetween
04-08-2004, 04:48 PM
This thread is just begging for the following statement, I appologize in advance, but I've just gotta do it!

It's all fun and games 'till somebody looses and eye!

Ok, maybe it should be:

It's all fun and games 'till somebody puts jewelry in their eye!

Sorry, had to do it.

LOL! (yes you had to do it)

Kerensamere
04-08-2004, 06:39 PM
LOL! (yes you had to do it)

As my DH likes to say, I'm a siiiiick siiiiick woman! :D

diva
04-08-2004, 08:02 PM
It's all fun and games 'till somebody loses an eye!

See, that's where I *thought* this thread was going when I first saw the subject line -- how sick am I?

Kerensamere
04-08-2004, 08:06 PM
See, that's where I *thought* this thread was going when I first saw the subject line -- how sick am I?

Welcome to the club. Isn't it great to be among equally talented and twisted minds! :D

lisilk
04-08-2004, 08:08 PM
I suppose we should be grateful that they're not implanting hoops. :p