PDA

View Full Version : Night Owl Show and Tell Wed night

greatfindsct
04-07-2004, 05:33 PM
Hi everyone. I came up with this new technique, and wanted to know your honest opinions about it. I didn't want to be a piggie, so I also started the night owl s&t :) So lets see all of yours :)
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-Apr-2004/32278-beads1_196.jpg

Joensey
04-07-2004, 06:57 PM
Ooooooooooooo! I love them, Crown Jewels just popped into my mind! :clap: :clap: You showed em, now where's the tell????
Here are two vessels I just finished cleaning. One is etched, both more or less hollow. It's funny how a few months ago I couldn't make a hollow to save my life, now it's easy.(ish) :evil:
I can't tell which one I like more, both made the same way, one was melted in to save it after I tried to put handles on it as an afterthought. It looks painted to me.
Joensey

Foofaraw
04-07-2004, 07:24 PM
Jen - those are very interesting, almost royal like.
Joensey - I can't tell which one I like better either!

Here is my current set, opal yellow and black, yummy!

mhartjen
04-07-2004, 07:30 PM
Joensey ... your vessels are beautiful. I like the watercolor effect of the first one. You could just try etching just the flowers on the second one. I like the silver purple beads alot. Here are a few of my dichroic beads ... Marna

BeadBraker
04-07-2004, 07:51 PM
drive by posting.

periwinkle barrel, ivory in middle, silver on it....then transp blue center, some ink/amethyst blend on sides, leaving some ivory "uncovered" at the edges.....twisted with a stringer.

Strange how the silver turned the periwinkle green.

Nancy B in IL

p.s. I hope nobody minds me telling "how"....I love seeing the "how" when others post it!

greatfindsct
04-07-2004, 07:52 PM
Wow, Marna! I love the 3rd aqua colored dichro bead! That is gorgeous!!!
Joensey, I do love your vessels, the etched one is very nice looking, I like the effect of your etched flowers :)
Jenn, you're really making me want to try opal yellow, everyone describes it as yummy! Every time I go to order some, they're all out :( Someday though...

Joensey, first I had a black base, rolled it in silver pixie dust, rolled in foil, and dotted with white dots. I really like the effect, a bit different than just plain foil :)

LLuvia Brito
04-07-2004, 07:53 PM
Marna, Your beads are always so beautiful! Great photo work too!
Jen, Those are nice, geometrical type patterns are always fun to play with. I like the metallic effect too

Here are some boro beads, the set of 3 beads are made with caramel luster if I remember right, frit is amazon lagoon, jade, and amazon night.

McDuck
04-07-2004, 08:13 PM
Great work everyone! and Lluvia, I love that top middle beadie!

Foofaraw
04-07-2004, 10:06 PM
I have like 5lbs of opal yellow on back order, but I wanted more so bad, I tracked some down on ebay for a very reasonable price considering all the suppliers are out. I got it from Jo-Del. And you must try it! You can get a very soft butter color or get hues of purples in it. Gorgeous!!!

AutumnH
04-07-2004, 10:24 PM
I haven't shown any beads in awhile, but I actually had some playtime recently. Apologies to Nikki/NLC for the bad imitation sheep, and a REALLY bad version of her illusion set in the first picture. (Lately all I can say is I'm usually the FIRST bidder on Nikki's beads, but not the final one, lol!) My girls have been asking for sheep every since I showed of Nikki's the first. It also doesn't help that I have her Devil Sheep and The Alien!

The left-hand sheep is white on ivory. He had a shocky foot, and he has a bald spot on top....don't mention it he's very self-concious. Those that were in the 30 bead exchange will recognize the frit in the Confetti Sheep. She's a bit better, but has ear issues. More room for piercing?

You will also see my first and teeny, tiny, itsy, bitsy, tiny (ala Gilda Radner) attempt at a frog with no instructions in front of me.

Next are some fun things and my obsessive attempt to get some decent earrings for the exchange. Now I just have to turn them into earrings! I also played a bit with etching. I found it interesting that the melted in rubino dots actually etched away, but stay shiny. They are now lower than the surface of the bead leaving a honeycomb type pattern.

Buck Young
04-08-2004, 12:22 AM
Jen, I like both of those beads in particular I like the one on the right.

Joensey, I really like the one on the left. Reminds me of Monet.

Jenn, What great lentals. Can you swing by and show me how?

Marna, I'm going to disagree with Jen on this one. I think that the second one is best. I'm all about aprioct-gold colours.

Lluvia, I just can't get enough of your stuff. Great work.

Rona, Great beads. I like the little frog bead best. Oh! and the one that's bottom right in your big pic. Is that SIS on trans aqua?

Nancy, what a great effect. It reminds me of a VanGohe (sp) painting.

I have been in a pink mood. This is a bunch made with the new Bullseye cranberry striker.

Buck

AutumnH
04-08-2004, 12:39 AM
Ok, back again with time to comment!

Jen-I love them! Make more, show more! Please?

Joensey-can you come help me with hollows? So far the only thing I've been able to do consistently is make cute fish for my DDs after one side collapses :rolleyes: I like the effect of the melted in one!

Jenn-Love the metallic look of those! I haven't tried Opal Yellow!

Marna-wow! Those are great!

Lluvia-Great Boro! Some of those look like Easter eggs!

Nancy-I love the tell part. I can't wait to see if I get the same effect you did, those are GREAT beads.

Buck-great pinks! I'm still struggling with those. The bead you mentioned is white base, clear, then SIS encased in trans aqua, I wanted it nice and light. It's hard to see on that background, though.

Briatha
04-08-2004, 12:48 AM
Jen stunning beads!
Joensey both vessels are luscious!
Jenn spectacular lentil set!
Marna mouthwatering dichroic beads!
Nancy awesome bead! I love when others tell how also :)
LLuvia scrumptious boro!
Rona adorable sheep and yummy array of eye candy!
Buck gorgeous pink sets!

SonyaHusko
04-08-2004, 01:02 AM
Joensey, I like the etched one, looks like a watercolor painting.

And Lluvia, your colors are gorgeous! I love the opally look.

I've been playing with soft glass, it had been a long time since I'd worked on that half of the studio (fancy word for "garage") It was so much fun! I've been on a boro kick for so long I almost forgot how much I love play with tiny little stringers. Here's a set in Ink Blue, Dark Transparent Lavender & New Violet.

MistyCherie
04-08-2004, 02:10 AM
Awesome, awesome beads everyone! I feel kind of...insufficient..but I'm going to post anyways! I made these beads today. The beads are in order of favorite to least favorite, front to back. I'm kind of proud of the front bead, the dot alignment is really good and they're almost all the same size. (yellow on cobalt blue). I twisted some blue, yellow and white filigrana and had a hard time with it shocking and snapping all over the place in the third and fourth bead. Cobalt on trans. striking yellow isn't all that great...sortof goes tealy/blue. I really need to PPP more on dots. They're not my favorite thing on a bead(personally), but they are growing on me pretty quickly...

=)

-M