PDA

View Full Version : First Bass on my MiniCC Pinpoint torch, WOW!

glassfreek
04-07-2004, 01:53 PM
Hi, everyone! I finally got some time last week to try the new mini-CC pinpoint Carlisle Machinery asked me to try for them and WOW is all I can say! It is VERY hot on one 5lpm comcentrator, just like a minor only slightly hotter. I did this fish below on it after a simple bead and I had no trouble casing foil nice and hot or fuming gold. I am not sure what the price is now, I know Arrow Springs had them on sale for awhile at a very good price.
Mary, dear, sorry I hadn't answered right away, just taking some time off after the hectic show in Vegas. If you bought the H model (more oxy, high output) it takes 2 concentrators piggy-backed but gives a NICE hiss and really is way hotter in the higher range than a minor (especially on tanked 02). I used the H models in my classes at the Expo and I would say we got 2 hours at least more time on them melting boro for large dragon sculptures than minors in the same classes.
I am very impressed with them and no, I am not affiliated or in any way "profiting" from them. I was asked to test these for them a few months ago, after owning/using one of their CC Plus torches for a long time I knew it was worth trying and I am glad I did! I bought several myself and have been using them for my fish/boro stands and loving it! Thanks so much Chris, Mary and Stacey for making it a memorable show and I look forward to seeing you again this summer!
Thanks for being patient all who Pm'd or emailed...these torches (IMO) are workhorses and HOT! Love to hear from some of you who bought them after my classes in Las Vegas, or others who have one.....going to fry some more ;) Deb

dread
04-07-2004, 02:20 PM
O I love his colors !!!!
So this torch is a step up from the Minor (if using two concentrators?) do you get pin point flame like a lynxx or is this better than ?

glassfreek
04-07-2004, 02:54 PM
Thanks Deb! Yes, it is a slight step up from minor...the pinpoint CC. The High output CC is WAY hotter than a minor...I would say more mid-range type. I like most the easy access to the regions of the flame....I work a lot from under or to the side for detail anyway so it works better for me that way.
For a real pinpoint flame get the pinpoint...it would be nice and hot on 2 concentrators(the high output screams on 2 or tank) but gets the smallest pinpoint I have seen yet.......supertiny and hot, not gassy. Hope that makes sense.....for smaller more detailed work buy the pinpoint, for medium to bigger (or boro, sculpture) get the High output, they are the same price most places.
Oh, BTW dear, I LOVE your tiny head pics....they are really awesome, Deb! Are there any fish you just gotta have because I gotta have one of those gremlins! Pm me please.......! See you this summer! xoxo Deb

alyoung
04-07-2004, 03:03 PM
Pretty in pink! A fantastic catch! :clap:

McDuck
04-07-2004, 08:10 PM
Oh Deb, ;) do I get a free fish tutorial on my new torch the next time you are in town? :D Cant blame a girl for trying! LOL -Mary btw beauty fishie!

DebbieSue
04-07-2004, 08:29 PM
Beautiful fish! Thanks for sharing it... :clap:

Debbie

StefaniBeads
04-08-2004, 01:39 PM
Beautiful! Gorgeous color! :)

KristiB
04-08-2004, 04:34 PM
Yummmmmyyyyyy color Deb... Very Nice, are you sure that's a Bass fish and not a Pirhana? ;) cuz he looks hungry!

Wahhhhhh! I wanna bigger torch, I wanna bigger torch space, I wanna cool glass storage place.........oh did I say that out loud?....... sorry. I'm going to have to check out that new torch.

Thanks for sharing!
Chomp chomp

Kristi

jujeebeads
04-09-2004, 01:45 AM
HI Deb,

Beautiful fish! as always! love the designs on the body! thanks for sharing!

Judy :cat:

NYCindy
04-09-2004, 06:22 AM
Awesome fish, Deb!!!! Soft glass or boro?

Cindy

Lara
04-09-2004, 07:48 PM
That is one beautiful fish. I love the fins.

Lara

glassfreek
04-10-2004, 12:15 AM
Thanks so much everyone!
Amy, I love the pink that gold fuming adds to glass...yum! Thanks!
Mary, lol, wish I could.....can't blame ya for trying tho ;) Thanks!
Debbie and Lisa, thank you very much...this torch is really fun!
Kristi...ok, bud, you caught me...he does have some pirhana blood in him....how did ya know???? Don't tell him you noticed, ok??? (ROFLMTO)
Oh, shugs, wish I could help with the bigger, better, more....you ALWAYS have a torch and glass ( and a room!) waiting for you here ya know ;)
Judy, thanks so much, love your fishies too!
Cindy, thanks! He is Moretti.
Lara, thanks so much! The fins are probably my favorite part (and scariest, especially the longer ones like Moorsih Idols....) and of course, pink and purple....ooohh la la!
Have a great weekend all! Hugs deb