PDA

View Full Version : Wed 4/7 show & tell

happylsds
04-07-2004, 10:36 AM
Here's a necklace I just finished with some beads I couldn't bring myself to sell. These colors make me think of spring - my fav. season.

Shirley C.
04-07-2004, 10:39 AM
laura, i LOVE this piece! your beads are yummy, and you've done a wonderful job showing them off in the necklace.

RottweilerMom
04-07-2004, 10:47 AM
I made two bracelets last night and I wanted to show them to you guys. But the photos I took came out all blurry! :mad: I have discovered I am having a heck of a time getting these close up photos coming out clear.

Maybe I'll take them again today at lunch and try again.

I love your necklace!!!!! That is so nice!

TheBlueBetween
04-07-2004, 10:48 AM
beautiful colors and wonderful necklace! I can see why you didn't want to sell those beads.

TurtleBay Jewelry
04-07-2004, 11:32 AM
Wow, that's gorgeous. I love the soft watery colors of the beads, and the purple beads in the multi-strands really make the lampwork pop.

I myself am partial to those colors. My favorite painters are the Impressionists.

Gorgeous!

~Danielle

JAM Creations
04-07-2004, 11:42 AM
Awesome necklace! Are those your lampwork beads?

Now for me--I hope this works! Caterpillar necklace made with lots of glass beads & a lampwork focal by TAM Designs.

DonnaBee
04-07-2004, 11:52 AM
OH Jodie that is very interesting! Nice piece!

Laura, I love those blues n greens together. I literally swooned over this, I am not exagerating. The findings, is it gold fill, brass? Whatever it is, it works so well....

TheBlueBetween
04-07-2004, 11:52 AM
Hi Jodie - I have a feeling that necklace is great - I just wish I could see it better! Do you have a bigger picture?

I don't have anything to show, but I've got something pink and green in the works that is going to be a garden bracelt... and then I just won these amazing beads on ebay last night - can't wait to get them and make a necklace, bracelet and maybe even earrings with them:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4102330582

Gotta run :)

Pam

DonnaBee
04-07-2004, 12:00 PM
Oh Pam... you did GOOD. Those beads are beyond belief. Good for you.

Like Pam, I have something in the works. I have to do a custom earring order from garnet chips. The chips have sentimental value to this lady, and she wants long dangly earrings from them. So I agreed to do it for her. (I do not normally like to work with poor quality gems such as these she has given me because the holes are teeny and poorly drilled. But, it will be a good challenge, and it will make someone else happy.)

So, I am all "tell" today and no "show". :rolleyes:

ilee
04-07-2004, 12:17 PM
Here is a pregnant goddess necklace made for a friend of my sister. I am very happy with the way it turned out. The goldstone beads complement the copper and the brown glass so well. And besides, they are sparkly.

jacki
04-07-2004, 02:06 PM
Isn't it just the nicest combination of colors in the three necklaces today! :clap: I love to look at the daily show and tells :)
Laura, that is a gorgeous necklace! sets off the lampwork so well. Lovely colors.
Jodi, that looks sooo pretty, I would love to see it better. The color looks very dramatic.
Pam--great buy :clap: looking forward to seeing what you do with them :)
iLee, very pretty necklace, she will love it! Would love to see the Goddess a bit closer :)

Here are some scarves to add to the mix today. :)
The first is a large china silk square, the second is a detail from a china silk 16" x 72" and the third is a detail from a 16" X 72" Charmeuse scarf.

LLane
04-07-2004, 02:21 PM
Jacki........ can you hear me singing from there? Those colors just make me light up and burst out into song!!!

OK... so you really don't want to hear that..... but I absolutely LOVE those scarves. Great job!!!

Peace,
Lois

Lots of other yummy stuff..... but I'm in such a hurry.... today is NOT procrastination day!! :D

TurtleBay Jewelry
04-07-2004, 02:45 PM
Jodi, the detail work on that necklace looks incredibly time consuming! I just don't have the patience to finish stuff like that, so kudos to you for getting it done and making it look gorgeous.

Ilee, I love your goddess! Her warm earthy tones make for a truly symbolic piece.

Jacki, your color tones are to die for! I wish I could drape a nice piece of silk like that around me while I sit at the bench. Don't know if I'd get much done for staring at it, but I think the patterns and colors would inspire me endlessly! :)

Annnnnnnnnnd, last but not least, here's my show and tell for the day. Two new bangles!

The first one is called "San Francisco Bay" and is a dreamy blue and green Raku festival of beads. There's also some old recycled blue glass in there from Ghana and the usual Bali and Grecian spacers.

The second bangle I made for myself for a change, and it's called "The Creativity Bangle". It's a little mix of my normal beads and a little urban touch of metal moveable washers. Each washer is stamped with a word, and there are six of them: Hope, Dream, Create, Inspire, Believe and Imagine. I saw those washers after I posted that thread with the Urban Jewelry. I knew I had to have them for the wonderful sentiment and thought they'd be fun moving around on a bangle. It's a little slice of art inspiration for my arm. :)

Edit: The reason behind the HillTribe fish on the Creativity Bangle is because I always am thinking of that saying, "Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day...teach a man to fish and he'll eat forever." I kind of apply that to jewelry making. ;)
Enjoy!

~Danielle

Shirley C.
04-07-2004, 02:52 PM
danielle - please add your pix - me wanna see!!!

jacki, those scarves look wonderful - that first one, well... absolutely luscious!

edit: danielle, never mind... got 'em now. :rolleyes: and i love 'em!

TurtleBay Jewelry
04-07-2004, 02:57 PM
LOL, sorry Shirley, I was editing the photos apparently when you posted. /wink

Hey, you're from the San Fran Bay area...what do you think? Doesn't that first bangle remind you of a foggy morning over the water? Of course, this is open to artist interpretation, but that's what I thought of the minute I saw those blue Raku beads. Hehehhee..

~D.

Shirley C.
04-07-2004, 03:08 PM
...Hey, you're from the San Fran Bay area...what do you think? Doesn't that first bangle remind you of a foggy morning over the water? Of course, this is open to artist interpretation, but that's what I thought of the minute I saw those blue Raku beads. Hehehhee..

~D.

how the heck would i know? when it's foggy on the bay, it's REALLY foggy and you can't see a dang thing... LOL! just kidding, it does remind me of the bay. in fact...

here are live views of the san francisco area. they've got web cams set up, and the one from the transamerica pyramid will get you views of the bay. looks like it's kinda crummy up there today - here in my neck of the woods (east and south of the bay), it's nice and sunny.

San Francisco Live Views (http://www.sfgate.com/liveviews/)

TurtleBay Jewelry
04-07-2004, 03:10 PM
/chuckle, Looking at those cam views today, I think I got the title of that bangle just right. /wink

Thanks Shirl!

~D.

happylsds
04-07-2004, 04:04 PM
Wow, what great work today!!!

Thanks for all the kind words about my necklace. I am in serious awe/envy of all you jewelry makers. It tooks me countless tries to finally finish it - and more than a few unkind words about those darn crimp beads! I am determined to plug on and contiue to make finished pieces, it's got to get easier - doesn't it?! Donna, the finding are brass, I am always afraid gold fill will wear.

Jodie - great necklace, I love things that dangle! Any chance of seeing a close up?

Pam - those beads are sooo gorgeous! I can;t wait to see what you do with them!

ilee - that godess is Fabulous! I love the coipper in the chain!

Jackie - those scarves are so dreamy! I am feeling a little sleepy/crabby today, and just imagining that first one wrapped around me made me feel better!

Danielle - Those bracelets are fantastic! I love both of them, and pretty much everything on your website. I think I am going to be you when I grow up!

flynfire
04-07-2004, 11:34 PM
:clap: Beautiful! You are all so prolific! I thought I was making a pendant but it turned into a keychain. Not very wearable.

jennakate
04-09-2004, 02:44 PM
keychains are "wearables" for your keys.

TheBlueBetween
04-09-2004, 02:54 PM
keychains are "wearables" for your keys.

Oh yeah, they are fashion accessories. Keychains count. :)