PDA

View Full Version : Should I sell these on ebay?

KetchikanSculptor
04-07-2004, 01:53 AM
Trying to decide if I want to try and sell something on ebay. Was thinking about this set that I made today. All has been annealed and cleaned. Focal bead measures 10mm x 15mm. Disks measure 4mm x 15mm without measuring dots. Small beads measure on average 7mm x 10mm and 9mm x 12mm. I know this set is not perfect. Golly... it will be a long time if or when I get a "perfect" set of beads. I think I have only been making beads for 6 weeks now. That would be about 170 hours lamp time.

What do you think?

Virginia L.
04-07-2004, 03:12 AM
I think they are wonderful, if I had the money, I would bid on them...I just tell people I am new at all this, and joke that they should buy from me now and blackmail me with them later....I think it is a really pretty set of beads, and not everyone on eBay is expecting things to be perfect...I hope you put them on ebay and I hope you get LOTS of bids - God Bless - Virginia L.

nilaya
04-07-2004, 03:33 AM
Great stuff :D I think they are definatley worth putting on the bay. You could wait around forver for the "perfect" set of beads because even the elite beadmakers are always improving and changing :) I think if you mention there some of your 1st beads in your auction it will encourgae your buyers to keep coming back and watching as you grow :) Especially considering how fantastic they are for 6 weeks at the torch!
Best of luck with them :)

Lorretta

rosiescreations
04-07-2004, 06:00 AM
Yes!

CorvetteJuliet
04-07-2004, 09:07 AM
Yes! Do it. :) The color palette is perfect for this time of year. :)

xoticbead
04-07-2004, 09:39 AM
Oh Yes, Yes, Yes,! Jump in to the bay with both feet. Youll make a big splash, The colors are perfect for the spring listings.
Liz

Hal
04-07-2004, 10:08 AM
Ruf,

Remind me to smack you when we finally meet. What a silly question you asked. Those are GREAT! List them and forget them until the bidding is done.

Keep up the good work. :clap:

Hal

Moth
04-07-2004, 10:14 AM
Hiya!!!

Those beads are very purty colors for spring and raised florals seem to be really hot right now. Your disks are nice and tall and all your dots look like they are melted in just right and aren't going to pop off! LOTS of buyers like the round shaped beads better than donuts, and having made jewelry myself, they are easier to design around. Can't see the holes, but I remember in past posts you asking about how to make them smooth so that they don't cut beading cords/wires, so I know you are aware and do care about those types of things. I think the beads are great and if you want to sell them, by all means sell them!!

I think that it is a personal decision and only you will know when you are ready to take the plunge. I think it took me a really long time, but others might say I did it too soon. Others yet might say I should have done it sooner. ?????? LOL

Good luck and remember the keys to ebay are, good beads, good pictures and fast shipping. That is the abridged version. ;)

~~Mary
:clap: :clap: :clap:

BrendaJ
04-07-2004, 12:04 PM
sell um!!!!!!!!! and keep up the good work!!!! :D

Diane S.
04-07-2004, 05:07 PM
Ruf,
Go for it! They are great colors for the spring & you did a nice job :clap:
Good Luck,
Diane

Debra DC
04-07-2004, 05:28 PM
Hey Ruf,

I say go for it! That's a great set of beads for only 6 weeks at the torch I hope you get lots of bids.

Best of luck on the Bay!

Debra

KetchikanSculptor
04-08-2004, 03:18 PM
I think I will list these on ebay this week. The sun is out today so maybe I will try and get some outdoor pictures!

THANKS EVERYONE!!!!! You are all sweetie pies in my book! Even you Hal! he he he... He who want's to smack! :D :p

Toxey's Treasures
04-08-2004, 03:54 PM
Those are great, and I only hope I am that good at 6 weeks. I agree post them on the bay, and then don't be like I am looking at my counters a million times a day :rolleyes: . Just be patient because alot of people are snipping now, so you get bids at the last minute.

Go For It!

KristiB
04-08-2004, 04:55 PM
Absolutely!!!

Those are VERY nice :clap: :clap: :clap:

Cheers!
Kristi

lsking
04-08-2004, 06:58 PM
Go for it Ruth!!!!

Those colors are super yummy and very very popular right now!!!
Don't forget a link in your signature line so we can all see them on the 'bay!

Sue

Jamn!
04-08-2004, 07:22 PM
I say go for it! Its a cute set!!

Nutmeg40
04-09-2004, 10:02 PM
They are gorgeous. Beautiful colours. :clap: :clap:
They are happy looking ,one would definitely be happy wearing them!. I am in awe, wow in only six weeks.
Well Done and Good Luck,
Fiona ( a veteran :rolleyes: bead maker , well wobbly potato maker of ONE WEEK!)

KetchikanSculptor
04-10-2004, 02:11 PM
Guess I am going to try and list the auction today on ebay... Was just working on it when my computer shut down. Guess a couple of the programs that were running do not like playing nice together. :(

Does anyone want the link when I finally get it uploaded?

Virginia L.
04-10-2004, 03:14 PM
Of course we want the link, some of us can bid, others of us, such as my broke self, can be in the encouragement end of things - will be looking for it - God Bless - Virginia L.

KetchikanSculptor
04-10-2004, 08:05 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4104790311

Here is the link everyone. Hope it looks ok... :o

daffodildeb
04-13-2004, 06:49 AM
Hmmm--I don't know. Send them to me and I'll let you know... :evil:

:clap:

KetchikanSculptor
04-17-2004, 12:42 PM
lol... Daffodildeb! Will be glad to send them to you for the winning bid! he he he :p

Looks like this set PinksOnParade (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4104790311&category=34070&sspagename=STRK%3AMESSE%3AIT&rd=1) is sold... but a few more bids would be good.

This set OceansSummerSurf (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4104842204&category=34070&sspagename=STRK%3AMESSE%3AIT&rd=1) is just as purdy... lots of just lookers so far I think. This set turned out very pretty to wear with jeans and a light colored top.

THANKS EVERYONE FOR LOOKING AT MY NEW AUCTIONS!!!

HUGS!!!

Jamn!
04-17-2004, 01:05 PM
Ruf,
I don't see where you have listed how many beads are in the set. Hmm they are both nice sets! Good luck on the auction!! :)

KetchikanSculptor
04-17-2004, 01:10 PM
Ruf,
I don't see where you have listed how many beads are in the set. Hmm they are both nice sets! Good luck on the auction!! :)

oppsssss..... will include that next time... to late to add it now... under 12 hours left.

Thanks for the heads up on that Jamn!

Jamn!
04-17-2004, 01:12 PM
Sorry to be so late letting you know!! I didn't see that you had listed them yet! :)

Backyard Beads
04-17-2004, 01:21 PM
Those are PERFECTLY adorable! Go for it.