PDA

View Full Version : ****Wednesday, April 7 Show and Tell****

Tink
04-07-2004, 01:33 AM
Just a couple today, but I'm really happy with them. Hope no one is starting this thread at the same time I am. Makes me type really fast. LOL!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-Apr-2004/10179-peachfrost.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-Apr-2004/10179-frost.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-Apr-2004/10179-vessel2.jpg

Jamn!
04-07-2004, 01:50 AM
Oh Tink those are really wonderful! Your precision is so incredible!!

This is a pretty small bead and the detail not too great but I am tickled with it because it is my first attempt to stick two beads together. :)
O.K. so I have made vessels which is a similar technique but never a bead and I was really pleased with it! :)
Have a great day every one! I look forward to all of your posts!

Briatha
04-07-2004, 01:52 AM
Tink breathtaking set, focal and vessel!

I haven't had anything to show for a couple of days and I'm not 100% happy with the color on either of these. The curse of the kiln was out in full force!
Etched Evil Purple Hyanda (looked good until they came out of the kiln. *sigh* even etching didn't help :( )
Tangerine Coral Neshwan (these also looked good until they came out of the kiln and you can see some lighter spots)

Briatha
04-07-2004, 01:54 AM
Heidi ya snuck in on me ;) Love the colors!

nklt0
04-07-2004, 02:07 AM
Wow, show & tell is early today!

Tink - love that hollow focal! So elegent!
Heidi - cute bead
Briatha - don't see anything wrong with those beads, you may have to send it to me for a closer inspection! :evil:

Here's something I've done

Lisa Jordan
04-07-2004, 02:37 AM
Was just about to post 5 day auctions to close on Sunday, realized that may not be the best day for ebay with Easter and all. Oh well!!
Nancy..very cool, high five right back at ya
Faith...um..what are you talking about? Those beads look great
Heidi...Neat idea, bet you can do three stuck together :evil:
Tink...love the simplicity of the 1st two but the vessel is fabulous

well...here are some pics from what would have been tonights auctions....(sorry for the hogginess, but darn it, they give me space for 5 pics so I'm taking it!!) The one with the string through the hole was made using Val's new 96 clear, loving it!

Virginia L.
04-07-2004, 02:59 AM
Great show and tell already!!!
Tink - LOVE those very classy beads with the caps, and the vessel is wonderful also
Heidi, Great job getting those stuck together, now, the big thing is getting them apart.....just kidding!!!
Briatha, sorry you don't like the lentils......they sure look good to me
Nancy, those are some of the most fun beads I have seen in a long time, they remind me of the picture my son made at school years ago, I think everyone's kid makes that poster!!!
Lisa, those are beautiful beads, but #4, looks like he is gonna eat me!!!...hmmmm maybe a different angle won't look as menacing, beautiful mind you, but menancing...am I the only one that sees that, ok, maybe time for me to go to bed...I am seeing things now
Anyway, I only made one bead today, BUT, it is over 4 inches long, YEAH!!! was it ever fun..I have had my minor set up for three days and I already need more heat!!! I will post it again when I get actual pictures, so much is lost in the scan, there is so much wonderful stuff going on inside there. I love these beads with the frit and the waterway, how many of these can I make before people start talking about me...Ok, time for bed - I hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday - God Bless - Virginia L.

LLuvia Brito
04-07-2004, 03:05 AM
Tink, Your beads have such an elegant style! Beautiful!
Lisa, I love the organic glow your beads have!

This is a huge set of Amber Purple beads I just finished up. I can't even believe I accepted this order! :eek: I think this is the biggest matching set I've ever finished! 60 beads in all.

The second set of pictures show more Amazon Bronze and Teal Carnival beads, I'm such a greedy lampworker! I've strung these beads up for myself, how will I ever do well on e-bay if I keep all my very best work?!?! :confused: :crying:

Josie
04-07-2004, 04:44 AM
Beautiful beadies everyone!
I'm in the spring spirit this week!
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-Apr-2004/13004-MVC-007F.JPG

Tracey

dread
04-07-2004, 07:42 AM
Running late - even the beads are still on mandrels

More painted beads --- lesson put lots on and dont burn off (face bead) o well next one will be better - these are hand painted and not stamped - movin up

I'll be back - so far everyone WOW ! Tink you've been busy !

mperaza
04-07-2004, 08:04 AM
Wow - what pretty eye candy already! Deb - I just love the painted beads - looks like you are onto something there! Tink - lovely, simple and oh so elegant beads. Sorry guys - didn't have my coffee yet and I can't remember who else posted. I do remember that everything made me go oooh or ahhh!
Don't have my pics ready yet - I'll be back later to share.

Have a great day,
Marilyn

Libby L.
04-07-2004, 08:10 AM
Hey Deb did you learn that technique from Bronwen Heliman of Ghostcow? Did you take a class with her? If so how was it and did you learn alot? I spoke to her in Tucson and bought a bead from her. I was thinking about having her come and teach at my store? Let me know what you think.
Thanks
The Libster aka Libby

dread
04-07-2004, 08:32 AM
Ok finally at work and I get to really see the eye candy
Tink : O great beads classy! nice end caps and that vessel is so wonderful I love the purples.
Jamn- So Tiny !!!
Briatha - Lovely shaddes of purple pink and those Orange - sweet !
Nklt0- I love EM !!! great set
LisaJordan - I love organics those are super - I particularly like those twisted ones.
Virginia - Wowzer on the tube !!!! Dont you just love that minor !
LLuvia - Your boro is great - I've done 30 repetative beads and was glad that was over but 60!!!!!
Josie- such sutlety - those etched pink and green are great combos

Libby you snuck in: No Bronwen - been taking Traditional glass painting classes with Ken Leap (stained glass fame) using reusche trace black and paradise paints.
Such great stuff :clap: :clap: :clap:

McDuck
04-07-2004, 09:03 AM
Great work everyone! The problem with doing beads for me during the day, is I can post them at night and those S&T's dont usually get alot of visualization. lol Love verything today! -Mary...errrr...McDuck...back to work with me *sniffles I would rather be home in my studio being sick yet a little productive*

CorvetteJuliet
04-07-2004, 09:05 AM
Tink - The frosted sets are so fabulous. I love the vessel shape too!
Heidi - So cute and teensy tiny!
Briatha - Beautiful lentils!
Nancy- The handprints are so FUN!
Lisa - Beautiful work, especially the barrel beads!
Virginia - Holy Cow! That's immense!
LLuvita - Luscious Boro! I could eat them up!
Tracey - What happy spring colors. I love the frosted look.
Deborah - That angel is just to die for! Fabulous new technique. :)

Here's my contribution for the day. The first set I made the big focal last night (the others in that set I showed yesterday). The other two sets I was just playing around, enjoying that same color palette and the effects you get from the ivory.

Onalee
04-07-2004, 09:12 AM
Lots of goodies this morning. Lisa you are getting some really neat beads made. Love your colors. Didn't have time to get everyone's beads looked at.
The line was too busy earlier.
Here are mine for the day. Iris gold and copper green with a touch of copper blue luster. They shine a lot more than the picture shows. Onalee

Ignuss-Fatuus
04-07-2004, 09:25 AM
Wowzers an double wowzers this morning! Fantastic! Love your stuff Lluvia! hehe I havea set nearly the same as your first! It is so funny how the glass just deicdes what it wants to be! I too have this bad problem of uh keeping my best beadies all to myself :) I just cant let those babies go! Here is one of my fav sets to date simple but I adore the color.

Karin

blissfulgardenbeads
04-07-2004, 10:07 AM
Wow, Great beads. I can't remeber them all. I loved the hands, so cute. Onalee love that coloer. Tracey I love those! Lisa yours are incredible. Have a great day! Heather

happylsds
04-07-2004, 10:10 AM
Beautiful beads today!

Tink - the beautiful shape to your beads is only beat by your photos - I can always pick yours out before I know who did them!
Jamn - great job, that bead looks great!
Faith - Love the coral set! Is that coral stringer, or an old batch? It's perfect for this season!
Nancy- Super fun beads! They would make a perfect teacher gift!
Lisa - dreamy organics - I can't stop staring at them!
Virginia - Wonderful long shape - isn't that minor great, can't wait to see what else you do!
LLuvio - Nice job on that set - I can't imagine making that many beads all the same. I have to break up my cocktail forks into two days, and that's only four beads! Don't think of saving your best beads as being "greedy", think of it as "advertising"! :D (that's how I justify it!) :evil:
Tracy - pretty set, great spring colors!
Dread - I love your painted beads - especially the lady! I think the darker areas give her a interesting look. Kind of makes you wonder what she was doing last night....
Juliet - greast sets, I love the first one!
Onalee - What a great color combo!!! Great stringer work too!
Karin - beautiful colors!

I am having sooo much fun with these forks! I also just got some of Vals frit - and am putting Ocelot Spots on EVERYTHING!!! I have used at least a quarter of my reg. size jar of it. I go from making fun dots on the forks, to long frit organics. I just can't decide what I want to be when I grow up... I guess I'll just have to keep on playing!

mperaza
04-07-2004, 10:37 AM
Back again - so many more beads - and great beads at that! I just love the forks!

Got my pics done - here's what I have to offer today - unfortunately, the set is not going anywhere, this is the 2nd set I made with these colors and both sets have stress cracks - must be the combo of the certain colors of lauscha and moretti mixed since both times all the other beads I made/annealed with them are fine. Also made a bunch of hollows.

Have a great day!
Marilyn

GinaJ
04-07-2004, 11:24 AM
Great beads everyone!! Here's mine for today, did some playing around..(thanks for the lentil tongs, Vikki!):

koregon
04-07-2004, 12:04 PM
I stepped sorta outta my box yesterday and made this colorful set...it was hard for me to do this...I have a lot more practice of choosing colors...my daughter thought something had gone wrong with mom, and then I showed her the other set I made...and she went whew! thats more like it mom, I was worried about ya :rolleyes: go figure huh?

have a great day everyone!

sassy
04-07-2004, 12:21 PM
Hi....new to this forum and torch work but completely addicted. I have what may be a duh! question but....how do you get those gorgeous swirls on the lentil beads (i.e. Koregon's beautiful lentils). Is this done after the bead is formed or is the design put on before squashing??? can't figure it out. Thanks. :confused:

BTW....absolutely gorgeous eye candy from everyone!

kwstudios
04-07-2004, 12:24 PM
Hey beaders!

I just got back in town (and away from the torch) so I'll single out some people:

Virginia, that's the longest bead I've ever seen! Excellent!
Deborah, your painted beads are really making progress. I have watched them evolve and they keep getting better.

Karen

jujeebeads
04-07-2004, 12:30 PM
Wow! What a beautiful morning! all the eye candy of course! Wonderful work everyone! :clap:
Wish I could comment but I need to get to the gym (my new LOVE/HATE relationship) by 10 for a class.

Heather, looks like you and I were on the same color page!
my new set for auction, "Sea Mist" I LOVE these colors! I had to list them quick or I would keep it!

Have a great day!

Judy :cat:

beadreamer
04-07-2004, 12:44 PM
So many pretty beads this morning :clap: :clap: :clap:

I made these a while ago but just finished wire wrapping and all last night...

BioImage
04-07-2004, 12:46 PM
More really nice work out there today. Here's my latest, warm out of the kiln, so to speak.

Robert

saucy
04-07-2004, 01:24 PM
Tink - You are so killing me. I want that peach set so dang bad!
Jamn - Very cool
Faith - very nice
Nancy - The hands reminds me of Indian war horses!
Lisa - TDF
Virginia - Wow!
Lluvia - Oh how I wish I could have everything you make
Tracey - That combo looks delicious
Dread - I'm really digging all your new designs
Corvette - Looks like denim. Nice!
Onalee - yummy!
Karin - love that boro
Heather - Very nice
Laura - nice
Marilyn - cool color combos
Gina - Wonderful
Kaye - always yummy
Judy - Lovely florals!
Mary - cute, cute, cute!
Robert - Very nice

Here are mine for the day. I wanted some pinks...and I know what the triangle looks like. I didn't mean to do that. :rolleyes:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-Apr-2004/26398-pinks_4wc.jpg

ChristyL
04-07-2004, 02:11 PM
So many beautiful beads today!! Here is mine for the day. Heart measuring 40mm long (my longest so far on my hot head!) Using M.Barley's organic silver tricks.
Hugs*
ChristyL

Beth Myers
04-07-2004, 02:13 PM
Kaye!!
Great new approach, the colors pop and the design is so much fun!
WAY TO GO!

Here's a set, playing with the pink and black theme, and ready to move on, lol!
Morettti, Opalino and Laucha, with Val's Magical Party Frits.

Beautiful work today everyone!

Beth

Darla60
04-07-2004, 02:26 PM
Fun beads, everyone! Here's a focal from me, Wave Rider. :)

Happy Wednesday!

Darla

vintagelb
04-07-2004, 03:50 PM
every ones things look so good... keep up the good work..

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-Apr-2004/32377-hn1.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-Apr-2004/32377-hn13.jpg

here a link to website with more photos..
www.thetimefold.com
www.glassbeadstore.com

can;t wait to see tomorrow show and tell

annie :clap:

Jamn!
04-07-2004, 04:51 PM
I hope no one minds that I post a pic of some beads I made a couple of days ago.. Color corrected of course... Thanks to Jen Greatfindsct :)

GinaJ
04-07-2004, 06:01 PM
Darla, That is an awesome bead!!!!! :clap:

Darla60
04-07-2004, 06:56 PM
Darla, That is an awesome bead!!!!! :clap:

Hey, thanks Gina! :D

Darla

DebbieSue
04-07-2004, 08:40 PM
Beautiful beads by everyone!
Tink - it looks like you just command the glass to flow the way you want it to go. I don't know how you do that...
Dread - such unique painted beads!
Corvette - love those blues, my favorite color!
Adorable bee, mischievous-looking monkeys!
Thanks everyone for sharing... :clap:

Debbie