PDA

View Full Version : Somthing else

Michael-Ann
04-06-2004, 08:48 PM
Hi and hello and how are you? I was thinking that perhaps I could post here...not really sure where to post, but I am thinking that perhaps I should stop posting my stuff in the open critique forum all the time :)...

I have been experimenting with oils and new ways of doing things. I got a phone call from my mother this weekend she was worried because she knew I had been depressed and she saw my paintings online and was compelled to see if I was still sane...apparently she thinks my stuff has gotten scary... this is a self-portrait i messed around with today and a landscape I want to call "dawn". What do you think? :D

Thanks in advance for sharing your thoughts.

muchfoolishness
04-06-2004, 09:18 PM
very sane indeed :)

Smileawhyl
04-06-2004, 09:40 PM
LOL nice try, but looks sane and hopeful to me!

Michael-Ann
04-06-2004, 10:23 PM
Thank you for the vote of confidence :) I have been told by my family here at the house that once again I have done a "self"portrait that looks nothing like me :D

Tamana
04-06-2004, 11:08 PM
You did a good job with the eyes; there's no sparkle in them; but the smile forces another day of holding onto a hope that's bound to show up sooner or later...and it will.

It's good that you're experiencing oils in a new way and also good that you're posting in other places too.

Michael-Ann
04-07-2004, 12:05 AM
Tamana you are very insightful:) - ironically, I went back to the painting after it was "done" and made it smile. Thank you very much.

VieSaintSo
04-07-2004, 08:15 AM
Hello Mickael-Ann,
i so enyoy your diversity! they ate both moving with softness...
Spring IS in the air! :)

Michael-Ann
04-07-2004, 10:37 AM
Hi Sylvie, I'm not sure about diversity...perhaps floundering would be more appropriate :D Thank you for looking and YES! Spring IS in the air - finally!

surreal
04-07-2004, 01:31 PM
Hi Michael-Ann,

I like both paintings very much!

I like your expressionistic portrait.
I love the pastel colors and painterly quality of #2; it's a marvellous landscape painting.

:D

Michael-Ann
04-07-2004, 02:01 PM
Thank you Nina:) Considering I am infactuated with your line work that felt really good to read:D

TeAnne
04-07-2004, 10:03 PM
Artists' are the only sane people around, did you know that? :D
I love your landscape but I do see a sad Michael.

Michael-Ann
04-07-2004, 11:42 PM
Hi TeAnne :D Thank you! and with that in mind I can't tell you how glad I am to have found WetCanvas!