PDA

View Full Version : No Tuesday S&T???

Blair
04-06-2004, 08:45 PM
Wow! I know it's kind of late to start a show & tell thread, but I just finished this necklace and wanted to get opinions. My mother saw the bead (which I made through Jim Smircich's instructions) and wanted a necklace made out of it for her sister. I had a hard time trying to figure out how I wanted this piece to go. I really didn't like the idea of hanging the bead like a pendant, so I'm pretty happy with the alternative I came up with.

Blair

lisilk
04-06-2004, 09:15 PM
I'm sure your aunt will like it. Reminds me of Easter candy, such cheerful colors.

Cheers,

Li

Rosie2000
04-06-2004, 09:23 PM
I like the small beads in multiple strands accenting the focal centerpiece. I LOVE the colors. :clap: Very, very nice. Rosie

beclectic
04-06-2004, 11:18 PM
<snip> My mother saw the bead (which I made through Jim Smircich's instructions) and wanted a necklace made out of it for her sister. I had a hard time trying to figure out how I wanted this piece to go. I really didn't like the idea of hanging the bead like a pendant, so I'm pretty happy with the alternative I came up with.

Blair

I don't blame your mom for wanting to keep that georgeous bead in the family. I think that bead is outstanding and the necklace you made to showcase it does a good job. The twisted silver beads on each side of the main bead act like a frame. I'm glad you posted this beauty even if it was late in the day. :clap: :clap:

TheBlueBetween
04-06-2004, 11:58 PM
I LOVE that bead! No wonder your mom wanted to snatch it right up! Great job on the necklace too - the colors are great and very "in" this season :)

michali
04-07-2004, 03:50 AM
Blair, the necklace is wonderful and the focal is awesome :clap: !! I love it.

Blair
04-07-2004, 08:12 AM
Thanks for all the compliments! I had a very hard time trying to figure out what to do with this bead. It's also not a bead I'd normally sell, since I did it following instructions from Jim Kervin's booklet on Jim Smircich (I now love blending colors because of that book!), but since it was going to someone in the family I thought it was OK.

Blair

jacki
04-07-2004, 01:25 PM
Blair, Such a pretty necklace! and the focal is soooo hot! :clap: Perfect shape, and the colors/technique are wonderful! :)