PDA

View Full Version : First necklace I've made

sassybird
04-06-2004, 06:22 PM
I had trouble with the fasteners on this. I have never made a necklace like this before.

The focal beed is one I received from Amy (NewCreation)
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Apr-2004/1355-Necklace_1_Sz.jpg

Detail
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Apr-2004/1355-Necklace_1_Detail_Sz.jpg

lisilk
04-06-2004, 09:12 PM
Very nice Sassy, I like the color combinations. ( No big surprise there. :p )
Amy's bead makes a gorgeous focal piece.

Cheers,

Li

NewCreation
04-06-2004, 10:21 PM
Charissa, I am so thrilled. I love the star and moon motif with the tribal focal. I am thinking Morocco when I look at it. You did a wonderful job!

sassybird
04-06-2004, 11:20 PM
Thank you, Li and Amy:) I really had fun putting this together. The small oblong beads are more of a copper color than how they show in the photo. I'm going to have to order some more beads:D

TheBlueBetween
04-06-2004, 11:56 PM
I'm going to have to order some more beads:D

Ah yes... and this is where the obsession starts!!!!

Great first necklace - have fun wearing it! :clap: :clap:

sassybird
04-07-2004, 05:38 PM
Ah yes... and this is where the obsession starts!!!!

Great first necklace - have fun wearing it! :clap: :clap:

Thank you, Pam. I am definitely hooked now......lol I've already approached a glass bead maker as a possible source for future projects. There is no where near where I live that jewelry like this sells, but I can always make them as gifts:)

Shirley C.
04-07-2004, 09:39 PM
charissa, this is a teriffic piece for your first one! and amy, morocco was exactly what i thought when i saw it. really!

now, about this bead obsession... oooooooo weeeeee! this is how it all started with me (made a pair of earrings), and 4 years after that i was making beads. see where this will lead? and boy, will IT be FUN!! keep up the good work!

NewCreation
04-08-2004, 10:02 AM
charissa, this is a teriffic piece for your first one! and amy, morocco was exactly what i thought when i saw it. really!

now, about this bead obsession... oooooooo weeeeee! this is how it all started with me (made a pair of earrings), and 4 years after that i was making beads. see where this will lead? and boy, will IT be FUN!! keep up the good work!
Shirley, for two so different people, we sure do think alike! Hug!
:D