View Full Version : the swedes won

Impulse
09-03-2001, 12:19 AM
the swedes won
needs serious discussion
sorry about the glare

jerryW
09-03-2001, 12:26 AM
you forgot to say if this is a pleinaire or not and how large it is, but let's just say it's 30X30 oil on canvas and it is a pleine aire:

wow- have you been visiting dornberg or what!
this is just too cool, sailboats under full gusts in the back yard!
watch out for that tree!

holy!

Impulse
09-03-2001, 12:32 AM
ok jerry, right you are
it is 20x20 oil on canvas
plein air, after a manner

george, george, george of the...

jerryW
09-03-2001, 12:35 AM
well size isn't everything.
rollin rollin rollin ,
rawhide!

rsmak
09-03-2001, 12:39 AM
shocking beautiful colors, good movement with harmoney rhythm,
feel like flying free,honestly ,love it.

rosanna:clap: :clap:

Impulse
09-03-2001, 01:17 AM
thanks rosanna

LornaM
09-03-2001, 06:44 AM
hey there ! heimo and i missed you... this is a fine painting, full of motion and emotion. i see something different...mt. fuji, a towering pine, a bay of water. the white area on the right doesnīt fit in with my scenario but it sure doesnīt bother me ! i donīt know why this picture has me thinking oriental...but it does. the repetition of cone shapes is wonderful !

LornaM
09-03-2001, 06:48 AM
still looking. itīs hard to write when you canīt see. iīm impressed by the cone shapes...the blue, dark red, and yellowish. this is good stuff. the painting in the yellowish cone is great ! i also like the placement of the clouds. the other part of the painting moves closer to me. nothing static in this piece ! great job !

Cindy
09-03-2001, 10:22 AM
I like the energy and I like the composition very much. I think that there is too much blended paint and it would help to add some edges in the foreground to help the viewer know where to look and add depth.

I am very interested to know what this represents. It looks to me like a volcano exploding and the world crashing down around.

ejfarrae
09-03-2001, 12:30 PM
this piece threatens to jump off my screen. great movement, impulse.

allanom
09-03-2001, 12:51 PM
There's something very contorted and bluntly sexual about the foreground configuration.. Gives way to a mountainscape and the awesome triangle of sky..

But what the heck does the title mean relative to the picture?

Like this a lot, impulse..

Impulse
09-03-2001, 01:36 PM
=>thanks lorna. missed you too. hard for me to visit when on the road. very imaginative scenarios and i'm grateful for your ever so nice comments. the movement is my favourite thing about this painting. i wish i could take credit for it because i like it so much. why can't you see? you ok?

=>cindy. yes you are very interesting. i always thought so. any way it represents backyardish shapes. thanks for your encouragement. i will meditate on your thoughts on edges and see what happens.

=>ejfarrae. thank you. things move when they're standing still, eh.

=>allanom. thank you. when i was painting them i complained to jerryw that they were too sweetish. we both thought that it needed a little more hungarian which it got in several of the 7 incarnations of this painting. untimately the swedes won. especially in the bottom right. i hope this resolves any inquiries you might have had about the title.

as for bluntly sexual, i was sure i took out the legs and other feminin indicia jerry accused me of having in here!

Cindy
09-03-2001, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by Impulse

=>cindy. yes you are very interesting.

A freudian slip? LOL I fixed it. :p

Impulse
09-03-2001, 01:51 PM
it could only be freudian
if you had sex on the brain

Cindy
09-03-2001, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Impulse