PDA

View Full Version : Image Question

Wire Mania
04-06-2004, 02:05 PM
Does anyone know how to use an image from a previous post in a new post?

beclectic
04-06-2004, 02:16 PM
Does anyone know how to use an image from a previous post in a new post?

There may be other ways but...

If you are using a Windows Operating System computer, like Windows 98, Windows 2000 or Windows XP to name a few, then right click on the picture and select 'Save Picture As...'. A window will open asking where you want to save the picture. Select a folder and download the picture to your hard drive. Remember where you put the picture on your hard drive. Start a thread or post to a thread, go down to the bottom, click the 'Manage Attachments' button and browse to the location you saved the picture. Select the picture and click the 'OK' button. Upload the picture.

Remember you need to acknowledge whose picture it is in the post. Some artists have all of their pictures copyrighted and you cannot copy them even with an acknowledgement without the owner's permission. If you are in doubt about posting someone's picture ask them first.

Wire Mania
04-06-2004, 02:34 PM
Thank you - Could not figure out....It is a picture that I posted from my home computer so it is not on my work computer...Thanks again

Patch
04-06-2004, 04:24 PM
What I do is to copy the link to the picture instead of the whole picture. This way, I am sure the owner of the picture won't mind too much. I right click on the picture and click on property. Then I copy and paste the url to it.
Patch

beclectic
04-06-2004, 04:48 PM
What I do is to copy the link to the picture instead of the whole picture. This way, I am sure the owner of the picture won't mind too much. I right click on the picture and click on property. Then I copy and paste the url to it.
Patch

I just tested that and it works great. It is much easier than the way I described.

I still would ask permission of an artist that said their pictures were copyrighted and could not be copied. While you are not technically copying their picture you are using it.

Patch
04-06-2004, 05:55 PM
I just tested that and it works great. It is much easier than the way I described.

I still would ask permission of an artist that said their pictures were copyrighted and could not be copied. While you are not technically copying their picture you are using it.

I though that since it was on the same forum, I didn't have to but you are right, even if there was not a copyright issue it would be more polite to ask the artist. I sure will next time I want to link to a picture.
Thank you
Patch