PDA

View Full Version : Wip/50% Chance of Sun

Tamana
04-06-2004, 12:42 PM
Oil/bee'zZz wax on Canvas, 18 x24, 2004

Despite the possibility of sun, Ana remained happy under her umbrella.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Apr-2004/18021-Overcast.jpg

Unsure where it's going; depends on if it stops raining...

jnet11
04-06-2004, 03:49 PM
stellar title

I heard a poem once
where the girl said something about
"the tears falling down the insides of my cheeks"

this has that same flavor.

Initially, I was thrown off by the bright colors against the grey of the upper left, but the more I looked, the more it seemed just right. perhaps a few thin lines to suggest the spines of the umbrella?

VieSaintSo
04-07-2004, 08:08 AM
it is a wip, right? so i will happyly come back and back to see it....
you already started very very strong, your colors, this morning taste better then any coffee....i will skip the coffee and come back to this when i need a jolt! wonderfull, as always Tam :)

Michael-Ann
04-07-2004, 10:47 AM
The thickness of this is awesome...the title is great...and I am gleefully under that umbrella - because you have skillfully put me there.

ordie4
04-07-2004, 05:33 PM
interested to see how this evolves.

did you ever burn any canvas?
i never saw it if you did. (would like to
see it)

TeAnne
04-07-2004, 09:48 PM
Superb. I see 'lil' animals in there :cat: I haven't done encaustic in years. Look out girl you might inspire me :D

surreal
04-08-2004, 01:51 AM
Lovely textures and colors!
:cool:

mame
04-08-2004, 11:30 AM
My knowledge of Adobe Photoshop is limited but sharpened this up a bit with Tamana's permission.

Darn - in my system it works but here it looks fuzzier. Sorry, Tam. I tried.

Moderator - delete this post if you see fit and/or if Tamana would prefer my machinations/manipulation of her image not be included here.

bestof
04-08-2004, 02:17 PM
AAAAAAAHHH!!! It's almost too intense. I like the texture and those deep blues, but the red is freaking me out a bit. It's just so....bloody.

Tamana
04-08-2004, 04:30 PM
:) Thanks all -

J'nice: You're spot on about the salty mouth. Sometimes it's best we swallow them down rather than reveal isn't it? Thanks for the suggestion, it's appreciated; still lovin ya. I've got an update to post after I thank everyone. :)

Sylvie: Better than morning coffee?! What a nice thing to say. So glad you're down here with us. Thank you.

Michael-Ann: I'm glad you're gleefully under here with me. :) The rains not so bad, is it? ;) Thank you for your lovely words. Glad you decided to hang out with us basementeers.

o4: I have no idea where it wants to go; I'm along for the ride and am loving/hating it. :) Got some burned WIP's in another thread for ya. Thanks for rememberin' and askin'. :)

TeAnne: That I might inspire you is awesome. :) Come on, get sticky. Don't you love the smell of bee'zZz wax melted? ummmmm honey for the nose.

Nina: Thank you! :) Appreciate your time.

Molly: Wow! Thanks! I greatly appreciate your time, espeically right now when you're so busy preparing your own art for shows. I am really fighting some discouraging feelings here like never before. I'm so frustrated because I feel like my art's at a pivotal point that needs imput because of the doubt and uncertainty I am experiencing; but I feel stuck/trapped/tied down because these damn sucky pics, which aren't enabling me to present and seek adequate critiques. It's difficult to critique/comment/suggest about something you can't see. I don't want to bother anyone for help, you know, so I greatly appreciate not only your care and concern about the presentation of my art, but your actual donation of time to try and make it happen. That's something you can't get out of a book or from a website.

I'm saving every penny for a decent cam... :) Thanks again.

bestof: Thank you for your honest input. It is rather vibrant, isn't it? :D All my life I've been concerned about what people would think about this or that etc. For the first time, I feel like Rhett Butler and frankly don't give a damn. ;) I'm going to push. And pull. And stomp. And scratch. And spit. And burn. And cut/kick/claw...until it doesn't matter anymore. Until there's nothing left in me, or in front of me, but art. And, in case you doubt...

here's proof, IF you can filter through the sucky pic, that is. :rolleyes:

The H A T E stage...

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Apr-2004/18021-Rain1.jpg

axxxel
04-08-2004, 05:32 PM
hi bloody sexy work this rocks tam