PDA

View Full Version : Oink Oink!! New designs for an upcoming show!

ctseibels
04-06-2004, 10:33 AM
Hi everyone-
I have not posted in a while...have been on the road some, and catching up with orders. I have several shows coming up, and wanted to make some new styles. So here are some of my new beads. Lots are un-strung still. I have been playing with lots of vintage beads, and having lots of fun! I think most of these will end up with vintage lucite and glass beads.

Any feedback or stringing ideas would be greatly appreciated...
or suggestions as to what I should do with these flower beads? I don't normally do flowers, but have been giving them some time at the torch lately....do they need to be alone on a necklace, or should they have some companion glass beads? Any ideas?

Thanks for looking at my thread!
Carter

CorvetteJuliet
04-06-2004, 10:49 AM
Carter, the beads are amazing! I especially love those starbursts!!! Are they flat disks or ?? Do they have a hole in them? I'd love to see them from another perspective if you've got time. They're really dynamite. :clap: ~Juliet

Lisa Jordan
04-06-2004, 11:12 AM
Wow, Wow, Wow and last but not least, Wow!!!

Wojobeada
04-06-2004, 11:15 AM
Ditto, especially those starbursts--wow, wow and how?

dread
04-06-2004, 11:59 AM
O wow - all are really great - I also like those starbursts and wonder if a bead or how your supporting them.
Those florals are great - either way alone or with I've seen but they are definetly focals

Just lovely beads

hayjoshrae
04-06-2004, 12:11 PM
Carter,
Beautiful!! SO BEAUTIFUL!!!!

~~~Haley~~~

ctseibels
04-06-2004, 12:36 PM
Thanks everyone for your comments!
As for those Starbursts....maybe my favorite beads ever to make...because they are such a surprise when you pull them out of the kiln...I never know what the colors are going to do until they are cooled.
They are pretty flat, off-mandrel pendants.
Here are some more pics from different angles for you Juliet. They have a pendant loop at the top, so they hang down from the center of a necklace like this other pic.
Thanks so much ya'll. Sometimes I just need some commentary to know if I'm on the right track or not!

Lori Peterson
04-06-2004, 01:27 PM
As for those Starbursts....maybe my favorite beads ever to make...because they are such a surprise when you pull them out of the kiln...I never know what the colors are going to do until they are cooled.
Here are some more pics from different angles for you Juliet. They have a pendant loop at the top, so they hang down from the center of a necklace like this other pic.
Thanks so much ya'll. Sometimes I just need some commentary to know if I'm on the right track or not!

Holy Schmokes! Those are AWESOME! Um. Yeah! You are REALLY on the right track!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

jacki
04-06-2004, 01:54 PM
Wow Carter! These are wonderful! I loved your Starbursts when you first showed them, and they have just gotten better :clap: :clap:
The other designs are beautiful as well. :)

rosebead
04-06-2004, 02:40 PM
They look awesome. You are on the right track for certain!

CorvetteJuliet
04-06-2004, 03:34 PM

Holy cow! THose are fan-tab-ulous! Thanks for the photos. You're not only on the right track, you're blazing a new one!!! :D ~Juliet

Tink
04-06-2004, 03:36 PM
Wow! Those are FABULOUS! And totally LICKABLE! :clap:

saucy
04-06-2004, 03:44 PM
Wonderful :clap: and wow, wow, wow too!

kybeadmaker
04-06-2004, 04:15 PM
Fantastic starbursts...love the look and very different !!!!! :clap:

rightbrainbeads
04-06-2004, 05:27 PM
Hi Carter,

Love them all, but especially the starbursts! They make my eyes happy!!! :D :clap:

lynne

bjcohan
04-06-2004, 06:42 PM
Carter, in a word ...

YUM!

Barb:cat:

quill
04-06-2004, 07:50 PM
Wonderful. I love them all.

Lara
04-06-2004, 08:31 PM
Those are great. I too love the starburst and like the way have you that one strung. I'm just a big fan of pendants on a plain silver chain or leather cord. Now I think your last bead/pendant there would look best like that.

Lara

Diane S.
04-06-2004, 09:35 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: Incredible!!!! How beautiful & creative ! So very :cool: !!
Diane

Artaholic
04-08-2004, 12:02 PM
Beautiful , the starbursts are outstanding. I don't have ideas for stringing as that is one of my hang ups :D druther make beads if I had my druthers :)

StefaniBeads
04-08-2004, 01:59 PM
The starbursts make gorgeous pendants! I gotta get me one of these some day! :D