PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday, show and Tell

Virginia L.
04-06-2004, 02:39 AM
Wake up, Tuesday is half over, in at least half the world!!! Ok, I am a tad bit early, but I am tied and want to go to bed...I set my minor up and am having fun, trying to find where the heat is and what to do to get comfortable again...I guess I should be glad I am getting beads, but I have ruined a lot too. The first star and bubble garden were from the first day, I won't make you look at the mistakes, I did a thread with those in them....Then a set I did for eBay, but it just did not come out like I wanted...I am gonna sell the bumpy bead, star and set separately, but I was hoping they would all look good together, I did them all out of the same glass. Then I did another long bead, it is three inches long, YEAH!!! I love the frit with the water in it..if you know the topography of the Pacific Northwest, you would know that it looks a lot like this...I could just go kayaking right in there. Then, a bead that had great potential and then just became a mess, cause I lost track of the heat...This was only my second session with the minor, I sure will be glad when I get comfortable with the quiet little fellow...I hope you all have a wonderful Tuesday - God Bless - Virgnia L.

Briatha
04-06-2004, 02:44 AM
Virgnia lovely array of eye candy! Congrats on the minor! I love mine :D

Denise K
04-06-2004, 02:53 AM
Virginia, you're not wrong about the day being half over, it's almost 5pm here. Great beads, I especially like the first one. It takes a while to get used to more heat, but in no time you'll be wondering how you ever did without it.

A week or so ago I started a thread asking to see charm bracelets, here's the result. It's for my cousin visiting from the UK.

Briatha
04-06-2004, 02:58 AM
Denise gorgeous bracelet! I bet your cousin loves it :D

LoriGreenberg-Beadnerd
04-06-2004, 03:18 AM
I'm going to like this new time change. (we dont change here).

Here's my latest on eBay:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Apr-2004/16432-2004_0405b5.jpg

Great S&T already. Star beads always amaze me....there seems like there's so much room to go all wobbly.

KariFL
04-06-2004, 04:23 AM
Virginia - I think you are doing great with the minor. I really like the long bead!!

Denise - Your cousin is going to be thrilled with that bracelet. It is beautiful!

Lori - Those beads are just awesome!!!! I love the shape, the texture, the dots, the colors.... well everything!!!!

Here's one of my sets. The glass muse hasn't visited me much this week : (.
A lot of stuff I won't show lol.

Kari

nursekatie
04-06-2004, 05:54 AM
Oh wow....such gorgeous beads already!!

Virginia....the bicone is soooo long.....Congrats!!! You will get used to the minor...hang in there!!

Denise, the bracelet is gorgeous!! You got nice bright pink....something that has been alludeing me this past week!!

Lori....those are incredible! Super cool shapes and the colors are really fun!

Kari.....YUM!! Those are just too cool!!!

Lets see what I have in my picture file from this last weekend........I am really concentrating on the composition of my beads.....or...the decorations...........the second is coral, encased with amber rose with opal yellow twisted dots and raised dots of a cane of coral over opal yellow (also playing with different colors...LOL) Fun anyway.........no torch time last night......will be lucky if I get on it tonight :( This month is just going to be insane.......say a prayer that I survive it!! :D

CarlaAlexander
04-06-2004, 07:23 AM
Wow the beads this moring are so pretty. I think people are getting more creative with color if that is at all possible.

I have been missing for a while because I have been so busy I am not sure where I am, but I got out to play a little the last few days.

Foofaraw
04-06-2004, 07:48 AM
Great start to a beautiful day!

Virginia, congrats on the new torch, you'll do even greater things!!!
Denise - very nice
Lori - I'm really liking your new style!
Kari - I don't see anything wrong with that set, maybe your muse is trying to take you in a different direction and you are fighting?
Katie - beautiful as always
Carla - oohhh, I like those!

Here is a set I wanted to name "I conquered the beast" but I don't think any of my customers would get it! It's Rubino Oro, a color that up until yesterday I used as an accent color only because I couldn't get it to work. Yesterday I had this vision and decided to try again. Well, the heavens opened up and the Glass Gods gave me a gift! And don't you know I made enough for myself as well just in case it was a one time event!!!

I have to give a big thanks to Kaye who helped edit the photo, I could get nothing but red and was pulling my hair out. I don't know what program Kaye has, but I need to get it!! Thanks again Kaye!

Stacia
04-06-2004, 08:16 AM
Virginia L.
Really nice star! So symetrical. :clap:

Stacia

lvideki
04-06-2004, 08:26 AM
I just can't comment on everyone because I forgot to take notes when I was reading! LOL! But wow! What eye candy!!!!

I have been working on this set for about a week... doing a couple beads here and there. Finally I put it all together yesterday. It isn't in my normal "style" but is is going back to my roots a bit, while combining with the florals that I love to do so much. Each of these florals has a CZ center....

Les

CorvetteJuliet
04-06-2004, 08:36 AM
Virginia - That bicone is Awesome!!
Denise - That pink bracelet is so pretty.
Lori - Those are really cool looking beads!
Kari - Very nice indeed! Did the glass just do that crackle look on it's own or did you need to do something special to get that effect?
Katie - I like the bottom one the best. :) But they're all very nice.
Carla - Awesome eyes!
Jenn - That shade of pink is fabulous!
Leslie - Yummy! Just like forbidden candy!

Here's the result of a few hours at the torch last night. I'm REALLY pleased with the way these guys turned out! I have come to the conclusion that I desperately need a new digital camera with macro capability! ....Mother's Day is coming up soon.... :evil:

pearsonglass
04-06-2004, 09:04 AM
Great work everyone. I am going to have to invest in a good lentil mold. I really like the shape. Here is a long bead in colors that I do not normally use. I am trying to brach out a little.

Brad Pearson

Onalee
04-06-2004, 09:14 AM
Virginia, you just get better with the stars and dot. I guess it pays to keep at the same thing.
Denise yours aren't downloading.
Lori I like your big change too. Very creative.
Kari, yours aren't downloading either.
Kati, Love the colors you are using and the beads are great.
Carla, love your eyes. Theat purple eye bead has great action.
Jen those are killer lentils.
Leslie a set worth waiting for.
Corvette Juliette, The blue, white and black beads are to cool and so precisely made.
I have been working on these tiger beads for a couple of days. Trying to strike powder pink under encasing isn't for cowards. Onalee

Jennifer Geldard
04-06-2004, 09:25 AM
Yummm!! What a great S&T!!
Just a quick drive-by for me today.
But I really love how this one came out..

Summery landscape with fluffy clouds :)

jeffinthebox
04-06-2004, 09:29 AM
Virginia those are beautiful!

I'll have to post more on everyone elses work a bit later...here's my contribution today (after a long break from the torch). It's my first goddess!

BioImage
04-06-2004, 09:31 AM
More really nice work out there this morning. Looks like the torches have been busy. I've managed a bit more time at the torch myself these last few days. Tonight I get to go back to hot shop work for a couple of weeks - can't wait! Here's what Ive been up to.....

Robert

mhartjen
04-06-2004, 10:25 AM
Great show and tell this Tuesday! Here is some of my dichroic beads ... Marna

blissfulgardenbeads
04-06-2004, 10:30 AM
Love everyones beads this morning. Busy refereeing fights between three little boys on spring break so I can't comment on everyone right now. Here's mine. Have a great day! Heather

LoriGreenberg-Beadnerd
04-06-2004, 10:35 AM
Just have to share...

I was sitting here with my 2 year old on my lap looking at all the pretties when he starts saying, "nummy beads. nummy. nummy."

I guess that says it all. He had good taste. :)

Jamn!
04-06-2004, 10:59 AM
Virginia I am so happy for you!! Have fun with that new torch!
Denise that is very pretty. I am sure she will like it!
Lori I love those beads! The shapes and colors are so interesting and alive!
Kari I wish the not muse thingy person would come visit me!! I like it!!
Katie Who would have thought the color was encased coral??? Hmm a new color to try under transparents. I was using pea green and lavender and periwinkle yesterday.. Hmm the list is endless! :) Very pretty combinations!
Carla I really like those eye beads!! The top one did you etch it too??
Jenn I think you will be able to get the color do exactly what you want from now on.. I think you beat the [email protected]$ out of the color and its not going to say a thing from now on!
Les I love that set and the stacked dots are to die for! What color pink did you use on the ends??
Juliet Those are really awsome dots!! I am practicing stringer control and I will keep practicing til my beads are perfect!!
Brad What a pretty color combination! I could see a whole series of Easter eggs decorated like that!! :) :)
Onalee The powder pink is such a cool color!! Great beads!
Jennifer That is another wonderful bead! Just perfect!
Jeff She is pretty!! and I would say she is gloriously top heavy too!
Robert Very cool! I think they look like rocks!! Cool!
Marna WOW those really ROCK!!
Heather That is such a delicate and lovely set!

I am using my DH's new camera and Woah doggie I need to get mine charged back up. I have been doing color experiments with transparents over other colors. Mostly boring stuff but a gal's gotta know!! :D :D :D

The first pic shows a big hole bead in turquoise. In the background is a two tone coral bead.. and pea green of course.
I want to experiment with the two tone coral look more! :)
I like the bead in the second pic! The color is really cool in person! Its really pea green, lavender and bright bright orange transparent dots. Not too many outfits will go with it but who am I kidding I wear white shirts all the time!
OOOHHH the last pic is a computer fixed pic of the same bead! Thanks to Jen!! greatfindsct!!! Awsome!
Have a great day everyone!

DebbieSue
04-06-2004, 11:22 AM
Beautiful eye candy by everyone today. Very cute charm bracelet. Thanks all for sharing and inspiration! :)

Debbie

SonyaHusko
04-06-2004, 11:26 AM
Thank-you to everyone who posted pics! I'm supposed to be getting ready for work, but had to stop in and look at the show & tell thread.

I finally played with soft glass! Coral, opal yellow & rubino oro. The coral is the batch that looks like tangerine with pink swirls in it.

jujeebeads
04-06-2004, 11:36 AM
Fun beads today! Love all the organics too! Nice work everyone!

This was my first try at lobsters (west coast lobsters, no claws!) needed for a big necklace I'm thinking about making. The antennas are a bit challenging!

Judy :cat:

dread
04-06-2004, 11:37 AM
At work and I really really miss seeing the pics when you reply to this thread -

I love all the beautiful eye candy today
Just a few comments - all are great but I have to say - Virginia your stars are wonderful , Brad - those dots -ahhhhhh - rubino oro's so wonderful - those earthy beads --mmmm - now my memory fails me as I see so many wonderful things here they just overload my brain.....

Just great stuff today !!!!! :clap:

beadreamer
04-06-2004, 11:53 AM
Hi all...beautiful beads today!

Here is a kitty cat...

Virginia L.
04-06-2004, 11:58 AM
Great work everyone. I am going to have to invest in a good lentil mold. I really like the shape. Here is a long bead in colors that I do not normally use. I am trying to brach out a little.

Brad Pearson

Hi, I saw your work yesturday when I was checking out the threads...since I do raked stars, your work just jumped off the page for me...Where have you been, I am sure glad you are back..I have only done this for 4 & 1/2 months, so I don't know a lot of peoples work, and YOURS IS FANTASTIC. I guess you don't call them raked stars, but the process is the sort of the same...I makes some really huge ones, but NOTHING that compares to yours, in style and beauty. I have one that is 36grams that I made on the Hot Head, I hope people don't mind my using this thead to show you, I am just so excited about your work - I Will be watching for you - God Bless - Virginia L.

jennakate
04-06-2004, 12:24 PM
the lobsters are awesome! and i particularly like that green bead with the red dots and swirls....great!

beachbeads
04-06-2004, 01:04 PM
Nothing exciting from me today. Great show everyone.
I just have some beach glass beads as it's still spring break and I have to work. I hate to work.

koregon
04-06-2004, 02:25 PM
Beautiful beads everyone!
hey Lori, why is it that Arizona doesn't change while all the other states do? I always wondered.
here are a couple sets of lentils...Lemon Ice and Spring Lavender
I can't wait to get my hands on a Zooziis press and start making squares and diamonds...but I will still make lentils to...I just love the shapes for jewelry making...can't help myself...have a great day everyone!

donner
04-06-2004, 02:48 PM
Awesome beads everyone! I am especially fond of those Lobsters...mmmm tasty and darlin'...!

I see the Pink and Black trend is still going hot and heavy...obviousy a few of us received 'the memo' last night and made sets in those colors...

I tried something new this time - Kitty Lentils...similar to my black hollow kitty, these are teeny kitties gettin' into trouble in the garden..

"Cats in the Garden"

LoriGreenberg-Beadnerd
04-06-2004, 06:51 PM
Beautiful beads everyone!
hey Lori, why is it that Arizona doesn't change while all the other states do? I always wondered.

You know, Kaye, I couldn't tell you. Parts of Indiana (maybe most?) don't change either and that's where I'm from originally. I find that pretty interesting. I think it's designed especially for me. ;)

Flaming Idiot
04-06-2004, 07:25 PM
Great work everyone. ... Here is a long bead in colors that I do not normally use. Brad Pearson

You're amazing Brad! I soooo enjoyed seeing your demo at the guild meeting... you'd laugh yourself silly if you saw what happened when I tried it at home. :::grin::: I have "control" issues.
Everybody's show & tells are wonderful... I LOVE the show & tells!

McDuck
04-06-2004, 08:02 PM
Yet another beautiful show and tell! -Mary