PDA

View Full Version : Triptych w.i.p. (for exhib)

mjkohler
04-06-2004, 12:57 AM
I,m just about there withn this one. :) mjk

Smileawhyl
04-06-2004, 01:22 AM
Another glorious tropical eruption on the horizon! I still remember how magnificently you saw your way through with the last one. Gorgeous stuff ahead . . . I can just feel it!

VieSaintSo
04-06-2004, 11:30 AM
Summer time....and the living is easy :music: :music: :music: :D
i like a LOT!

arourapope
04-06-2004, 03:04 PM
Nice movement from panel to panel. It's warm and lovely.

mjkohler
04-06-2004, 05:53 PM
Thank you for your comments. I am posting the picture that inspired it. (Not a copy of the scene - just an evocation of it)

I need to have a walk around this place today prior doing any more painting, so that I may freshen up my thoughts and feelings. This is taken in an amazing short scenic walk. It is a nikau grove with rata and startled wood pigeons that fly out from the trees. It is surrounded and intwined with massive limestone rocks outcroppings, that were moulded by the sea aeons ago. Roots of trees cover the rocks.

mjkohler
04-06-2004, 06:04 PM
oops

Tamana
04-06-2004, 10:37 PM
Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

This is the kind of scene that once you catch a glimpse, you can better see more with your eyes closed. Boy are you blessed to have such a place to walk. Beautiful.

gnu
04-23-2004, 04:54 AM
yahoo!! you're back!! :clap: :clap: I adore Nikaus, I always feel so proud of them!! I have tried to snap heaps on my trip away, peeking out of the thick Northland/Coromandel bush....
lovely feel...my only critique is to me the lines of the middle palm's bulge are a little ugly..just a little..angle wrong or something..this is ONLY my opinion...
it perhaps has something to do with where the fronds appear to be centred...???
love the colour here..I cannot look at nikaus now without picturing your work..:) how about that?? :D
when and where's the exhibition?..all the very very best for it..I can't see why you wouldn't do extremely well..
Gill

mjkohler
05-12-2004, 06:16 AM
:) Hi, have done a little more work on this and I feel it is working better now. It doesn't so much look like nikau as feel like nikaus :D

Gnu!! Have you heard about the affordable art show in wgtn. www.affordableart.co.nz
Also have just sent 2 paintings up tp Carpe Diem on Oriental Parade if you are interested.