PDA

View Full Version : Lifted Up On Wings of Henna...

baquitania
04-06-2004, 12:18 AM
So Diane(555)'s 17yr old son Jon comes to me over the weekend and says,

" Bobby, I want Henna Wings..."

This after he gets a packet of dye from his teacher for Spring Break, and he is already bored with having painted his own right hand, left foot, right tricep and stomach... yes his stomach, and let me tell you he did not enjoy taking the dried henna off there, as it tore off all the hairs! LOL...
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Apr-2004/3278-2.jpg
Anyway, after looking on line for some inspiration, I came up with this original design, it's almost finished, I may still touch up the edges... And ofcourse he has to peel it off and let the dye come through (stay tuned for that)... But this took roughly 90 minutes, and he is quite happy. The weapons are his, the digital manips mine... hope you like... yup, you could say there's always something wild happening at our house...

Bobby

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Apr-2004/3278-1.jpg

mjkohler
04-06-2004, 12:43 AM
Interesting digital effect.

The picture reminds me of a maori warrior doing his welcoming dance with stick/lance in hand.

mjk

Smileawhyl
04-06-2004, 01:20 AM
But the art of henna tattoos is so aromatic and sensuous . . . who washes his shirts? Henna can be unforgiving! :D

Very very beautiful, the wings and the images!

Tamana
04-06-2004, 01:14 PM
Lovely presentation of photos. It looks like it was a funfilled family night of closeness and discovery; wantings and recievings. I'm not really familiar with Henna, except that I think it's not permanent?

I have an Indian friend who flew to India to marry a bride (willingly) his family had chosen, and some of the photos he brought back had beautiful intricate designs on the hands/fingers and forheads etc. I asked him what they were and I think he said Henna tattoos done specially for weddings.

Is this the process?

baquitania
04-07-2004, 12:04 AM
mjkohler: lol Jon is canadian, with some Ojibway... with an affinity to oriental things... my filipino (step dad role) toucas is about as close to a Maori he will get for now... though we'd love to visit our Aussie/Kiwi WC friends someday...

Smileawhyl: we're waiting for the tatoo to get darker in the next few days, it's very light now, so no update... and sadly we wash his shirts :(

Tamana: yep! these are Henna Tattoos. He forms it from a mixture of lemon juice, powdered dye, and other things I'm not quite sure about. It dabs on like a paste, and air hardens, eventually flaking or washing off after "staining" the skin. It's suppose to last about 3 weeks.

I'll keep y'all posted ;)

Bobby