PDA

View Full Version : Not only glass...

McDuck
04-06-2004, 12:18 AM
Hello! Now that the kiln is back working, I am able to be a little more diverse. Besides clay and porcelin I also do lapidary. I am in the middle of working on these: 3 beads, one cab. the cab is druzy crazy lace, it sparkles like the night sky in the middle of the country! The others need to be finished with 400 and 600 grit on the lap and final polish. They are all hearts of some sort, the striped one is two hearts seen from different angles- my daughter says it looks like a molar tooth. :eek: :rolleyes: go figure LOL. And i need a drill press! :eek:

The beads I made earlier today along with the shampoo and copper in another post. anyone else lap out there?
-mary

toozygoot
04-06-2004, 10:18 AM
Mary - I wish I could do something like that! The druzy is gorgeous but my first thought was "tooth" too! My favorite in this grouping is the heart on the lower left. What a pretty stone! I've been looking at your claywork on Justbeads and really like those too. Do you do pieces with multiple holes along the bottom at all. Be fun to work with as a designer I'm sure! Such talent you have!

pat

CorvetteJuliet
04-06-2004, 10:51 AM
Those are really neat! My favorite is the heart with the copper shades in it. :) ~Juliet

McDuck
04-06-2004, 11:06 AM
OH you and Toozy-pat like the same Leopard Jasper heart! They have a rough shape, I still need to refine and polish them. I really enjoy doing it, just let the stone block talk to me. Last night it was "hearts". Whos knows what it will be next. :D

McDuck
04-06-2004, 11:08 AM
Mary - I wish I could do something like that! The druzy is gorgeous but my first thought was "tooth" too! My favorite in this grouping is the heart on the lower left. What a pretty stone! I've been looking at your claywork on Justbeads and really like those too. Do you do pieces with multiple holes along the bottom at all. Be fun to work with as a designer I'm sure! Such talent you have!

pat

Pat, yes I can make them with multiple holes too. I have been working on two holed bracelet links, hope to paint some up today and fire later to show you tomorrow!