PDA

View Full Version : Ex-Jeweler Turned Display Designer Now Inspired Once Again!!!

UniquElements
04-05-2004, 08:46 PM
Greetings Everyone! :)

I am so excited to have recently been introduced to the WetCanvas! community and particularly thrilled about what seems to be a fairly new Wearable Art Forum.

Several years ago while living in the Southwest I began creating semi-precious stone jewelry and showing my work at art shows and other venues. My designs basically consisted of simple combinations of stones which I was particularly drawn to and just fascinated with. I had a wonderful and adventurous eight years in New Mexico supporting myself in this manner, but eventually lost steam through the shuffle of setting up shows on my own, traveling, etc...

Three years ago I moved to Montana to be closer to my oldest and dearest friend, Justin, who has always shared my love and appreciation for the innumerable and inspiring art forms existing in our natural world. Thus evolved Unique Elements and the idea of creating jewelry displays for individuals and artists to show off their own beautiful creations against backdrops from nature!

This all began less than a year ago. Now my new husband, Justin encourages me to ignite that old creativity flame under my *** and get back to the self-supporting, design and marketing capabilities I know exist within me. I have learned so much in the way of auctioning and web site building over the last few months with the gracious help of my dear friend, Rae (sonshyne), who also resides in the Bitterroot Valley.

This is all to say that I am so excited and now tremendously inspired by all of the work and interchanges occurring at this forum and soon hope to return to my jewelry designs and creations!

Thank you ALL for your part in my rekindled passion for the jewelry arts!!

Looking forward to sharing more with all of you over time and feeling blessed to have found you.

Barb

P.S. I'll try to attach a couple of pics of my current work!

TurtleBay Jewelry
04-05-2004, 08:57 PM
Welcome, welcome and once more for good karma, Welcome!

I'm so glad you found us and feel that we're helping inspire your creative flow once more. That was one of the main reasons why we thought this would be a great forum. And it's proving to be that and much much more.

We are fairly new, and there's not a TON of us here yet, but I think we're all a pretty happy go lucky family already, and we welcome new members to the Wearable Arts group with open arms.

Looking forward to seeing more of your unique style, and I love the rocks in your pictures. They remind me of these gnifty oil lamp creations I've seen at a few art fairs in FL.

Happy Creating!

~Danielle

lisilk
04-05-2004, 09:29 PM
Welcome to Wetcanvas and the Wearable Arts forum Barb !

I like the jewelery juxtaposed against natural elements. Hope to see more of your work soon and bravo for your partner encouraging you to follow your passions.

Cheers,

Li

Emjay
04-05-2004, 11:02 PM
Barb,
I have one of your displays! (mondayschildglasser on ebay). It's beautiful, and "fits" my style of jewelry.

TheBlueBetween
04-05-2004, 11:24 PM
Hi Barb! Welcome! I have one of you displays too!

Congrats on your marraige and great news that he's pushing you in the direction of your heart and dreams - I'm sure you'll enjoy it here - it's a great forum and you are right, VERY inspiring :)

Pam

Barrie
04-06-2004, 02:10 AM
Welcome!! I've seen your displays on another posting somewhere around here (actually on the glass forum, I think). They're stunning. Just couldn't imagine hauling them from show to show!! But for a gallery or store - wow!!!

Hope we can inspire you here and there, and let us know if there's anything we can help with - we're pretty creative here ourselves!!!

Emjay
04-06-2004, 08:21 AM
Barrie,
I have one, and they are really not that heavy at all. No, I wouldn't want to carry a whole talble full to a show, but a few to showcase special work would be no problem. I think she has weights on the measurement info on the auctions.
They are beautiful and unusual.

UniquElements
04-06-2004, 03:53 PM
Hello Again Everyone!

Wow!! Never had I imagined in introducing myself yesterday that I might find members who own a couple of my jewelry displays! It makes me feel so honored to know so, Pam & Jean! Thank you so much for your interest in them! So Awsome!

Jean, you are very kind to put in a few positive words for the displays! My work had been introduced by Sonshyne on the glass bead forum a couple of weeks back and that is where you might have seen them before, Barrie. A member there had expressed concern about the displays being too heavy to carry to shows as well.

I will probably introduce myself on the bead forum too, as I really did want to express to people that I have done shows with strictly the displays to promote. I literally packed about 30 displays wrapped in towels into 4 of those big plastic bins with handles and had no problem carrying them by myself.

Most of my pieces average 3 lbs and less. (A gallon of milk weighs about 8lbs!) :) So, please don't let that discourage anyone who might consider them for their own shows on the road!

I am truly grateful for all of your responses to my posting! I feel really comfortable here and excited to be a part of this forum. Its great to be getting to know fellow artists with a passion for jewelry! I am so thrilled!

Barb