PDA

View Full Version : Wire Cage Bead Tutorial

TurtleBay Jewelry
04-05-2004, 04:24 PM
Here you go! Finally finished this. Took me a while longer than I anticipated. Ran into a PS glitch. :rolleyes:

Anyhoo, hope this is nice and easy to follow in case any of you feel the need to play with wire. ;)

~D.

beclectic
04-05-2004, 04:34 PM
Here you go! Finally finished this. Took me a while longer than I anticipated. Ran into a PS glitch. :rolleyes:

Anyhoo, hope this is nice and easy to follow in case any of you feel the need to play with wire. ;)

~D.
Very neat. Thanks for the tutorial it looks very professional. Have you thought of submitting it to Bead and Button?

lisilk
04-05-2004, 04:40 PM
Looks great Danielle. We'll add this to the Jewelery 101 thread Sassybird is putting together.

Li

TurtleBay Jewelry
04-05-2004, 05:15 PM
Barbara~

I've never submitted anything to Bead and Button. Do they have a requirement of sorts? I'd love to get into doing some submissions. I bet Wire Artist mag would be a good place to do that too.

~D.

DonnaBee
04-05-2004, 05:32 PM
Very nicely done tutorial! I rated this thread five stars!

(If anyone else wants to rate this, look at the top of this page, and over on the right you can click "Rate Thread". If someone else rates it with me, then it will show up with stars next to it!)

Patch
04-05-2004, 06:19 PM
Well done! This is a very nice tutorial with great pictures. THank you so much for this. I clicked on the rating to give it stars but don't see them appear anywhere... wonder how many ratings it needs for the stars to appear?

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Patch

beclectic
04-05-2004, 06:27 PM
Barbara~

I've never submitted anything to Bead and Button. Do they have a requirement of sorts? I'd love to get into doing some submissions. I bet Wire Artist mag would be a good place to do that too.

~D.

I don't know what their requirements are but your tutorial just reminded me of some of the small articles on making beads of different kinds I've seen in Bead & Button. I'm sure Wire Artist would be a good place to submit. You should contact the different magazines to see what their requirements are. I think you have a good beginning of an article here and you should be able to make it fit whatever the magazine's requirements are. :)

Mary Riggs
04-05-2004, 07:23 PM
Danielle...... girl, you are the best. Thanks so much for this tutorial!!! I agree with the others, submit this and get some extra cash for supplies :D

TurtleBay Jewelry
04-05-2004, 07:26 PM
Awww, /blush...thanks guys!

I think I should mention however, that the reason you coil the eye pin with skinny wire is because, in theory, this should be done with silver wire, then antiqued in liver of sulfur. That brings the detail out in the small coiling to give the bead depth and detail. I practiced with copper wire obviously.

:)

~Danielle

Amaris
04-05-2004, 09:48 PM
I clicked on the rating to give it stars but don't see them appear anywhere... wonder how many ratings it needs for the stars to appear?
I think an article has to have 5 votes before it's rating will appear.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I just voted, too!

Emjay
04-05-2004, 10:45 PM
Wonderful, Danielle! Thank you! :clap:

SuzyQ
04-05-2004, 10:47 PM
My gosh, how simple you make it look. Thanks!

WillowMajestic
04-06-2004, 02:07 AM
Superb Tutorial :clap:

Thank you!

Kari

lissadivamama
04-06-2004, 11:27 AM
Thanks, Danielle! Can't wait to try it! :)

Rosie2000
04-06-2004, 10:49 PM
:clap: :clap: Thank you.....Very nice and clear. I love wire and want to work with it more. You give me inspiration......I voted toooo. Rosie

mjcall
04-07-2004, 11:14 AM
Danielle

Great tutorial thanks for taking the time. A thought just occurred to me (it happens :p ) how about slipping a long cylindrical or skinny bicone lamp worked bead in the cage before you insert the eye pin?

M_

Cyndi L
04-07-2004, 11:25 AM
OH MY GOSH!!! That necklace that I posted over in the Monday thread...I made all of mine the hard way. WAAAAHHHH! Thank you so much for posting this ~ I'm totally disgusted with myself.

Cyndi

BTW, thanks for answering my "where is it" question on the other thread, Danielle. I should have seen this. It was right out in plain sight!

TurtleBay Jewelry
04-07-2004, 11:26 AM
That works too Michael. I was making these for a strictly wire based necklace w/o beads, but most cages contain beads, so hey, whatever variation works for you! I think that's what one of the other girls who was looking for this tutorial today did with her dichroic (?) glass beads in her necklace. It was quite pretty.

That's what's so great about this forum. Someone throws out one idea, and everyone's artists eye sees a different use for it. I love to see what ppl come up with.

:D

Oops! We cross posted Cyndi! Glad this helps you! I know it'll at the very least save you some time. /wink

~Danielle

mistymade
04-07-2004, 11:16 PM
Awesome tutorial!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: