Showing more painted bead samplers

Beth Myers
04-05-2004, 01:05 AM
Sweet!
:clap: :clap:
Beth

Teri.p
04-05-2004, 01:12 AM
Deborah -- your painted beads are simply stunning!!! More, more, more!!!

Here are a couple of beads in a set I'm working on. For some reason, these make me think of quilts.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-Apr-2004/23019-Image002.jpg

Teri

Briatha
04-05-2004, 01:19 AM
Deborah your painted beads are spectacular!
Teri stunning patchwork beads!

LLuvia Brito
04-05-2004, 01:51 AM
Deborah! Wow! Those are truly amazing! Very artistically creative!

Teri, Those are too cool! Love the bright contrast of the colors too!

Here are a couple of flowers I made recently. The first is a cherrywood and purple luster (old batch) dahlia flower and second is a "moonflower" teal carnival and yellow center with blue caramel and yellow petals.

PEtra
04-05-2004, 03:11 AM
Good morning, everybody!

Deborah = I was stunned when looking at your beads. Haven't seen painted glass before. Your link send me directly to you website. I also like the PMC stuff you're doing as I am looking for ways to use my broken beads.

Teri = Summercolor and lots of fun ... GREAT!

Lluvia = Uhm, it might take some time before I get that. Really nice!

Enclosed you can see the my OCEANFLOWER bead. As this is the first flower I really like ... some more pictures to show.

HAPPY DAY,

PEtra

Zooziis
04-05-2004, 04:12 AM
Deborah, your painted beads are so cool!!
Teri I see quilts too. I love you gingham beads too. I'm glad to see they are going well on ebay!
Lluvia Those are amazing. I love that red one. Wow.
Petra beautiful oceanflower. I'm always impressed when I see multi layerd glass. I'm not usually that patient. Great job.

nursekatie
04-05-2004, 06:19 AM
Wowzers!! Dread....those are incredible!!!!!

Teri.....those are awesome...they make me think quilt too.....they also scream to be etched :evil:

Lluvia......omg.....I love them both......the secone one though....DROOOOLLLLL.....it is gorgeous!!!

Petra......what a great floral!!! It is very pretty!!!

Ok...a few things from my corner :D The first one is just a better pic of one I posted yesterday. The second is my favorite bead this week......50mm from hole to hole. :D

Booger
04-05-2004, 07:13 AM
OOOOOOO, MORE PAINTED BEAUTY BEADS! Lovely flowers and great sculptural beads. Now, this show and tell has all the great beginnings for an eye-busting day.

I made this one from Bullseye and it even feels creamy. What colors! When I pulled it from the kiln, I was trying to guess it's correct name by first listing attributes....Looks serene..........looks wise..................has humor and joy......looks like someone I know........Hmmmmmmmmm....and then? It hit me! I NOW KNOW HER PROPER NAME!

The Very UN-Serene-Late-For-Work-AGAIN,
Sheryll Booger

Foofaraw
04-05-2004, 08:10 AM
Wow, I haven't posted anything in show and tell for such a long time, dial-up sucks!!!! I've missed looking at all the beauties! I've decided if I get here early enough I can still peak!

Deborah - wow, really wow, those are spectacular!
Teri - I think of Sweet Tarts!
Lluvia - stunning, my sister sent me a link to one of your auctions the other day and asked if I'd ever seen your work. DUH, drool over it all the time!
Petra - great job! Still working on florals myself!
Katie - I have to agree on the favorite, stunning!!!
Booger - boy I wish I had your sculptural abilities, great job!!!

Here's one of my latest, inspired by a vintage German advertisement for a Zoo.

DonnaBee
04-05-2004, 08:26 AM
All amazing! :clap:

lvideki
04-05-2004, 08:26 AM
Hi everyone!! I've missed everyone. Last week was spring break, and it was no break! Now the kids are back to school, I can breathe a little!

These beads/pendants are little experimental for me.... I listed them on ebay, hoping to get some good feedback (as in bids), but NO! Oh well...they were fun on a personal level!

Les

pearsonglass
04-05-2004, 08:39 AM
Great work everyone. I like the painted ones, you are really taking an idea and running with it.

Here is a new 1" mandrel bead.

CorvetteJuliet
04-05-2004, 09:23 AM
Deborah - Those painted beads are so amazing!
Terri - I love the color combo.
Lluvia - The sculptural flowers are to die for.
Petra - I can see why you like it. It's beautiful.
Katie - Those are big beautiful beads!
Sheryl - Oooh, such personality comes through!
Jenn - I want to pet those beads.
Leslie - The colors are really neat.
Brad - Talk about heat control so it doesn't crack! Wild bead.

Here's a few of my recent beads I'm submitting to the newbie swap. ~Juliet

KathyB
04-05-2004, 09:24 AM
WOW!
Dread- I am loving what you're doing with those paints!
Teri- Very cool effect. The lines are crisp and the box look is cool
Lluvia- always beautiful
Petra- thats so tiny to be so wonderfully detailed! wow!
Katie- I so love your beads!
Booger. Heheh heheh. That glass has the look of a soapstone or something.
Fooraw- beautiful work!
Les- Very nice.!
Brad- WOW! That's soooo big! emm.. I mean the bead. I want to hold it! Where did you get a mandrel that big! Very Very Very cool bead

KathyB
04-05-2004, 09:27 AM
Juliet... you snuck in on me! Very nice florals!

GinnyHampton
04-05-2004, 09:48 AM
Beautiful work this morning!!! Here's my latest, some bright colors with shiny silver, a spring floral set and a spring fishie!!

beadreamer
04-05-2004, 11:38 AM
Hi all! Nice work everyone!

Here are a couple of sculptural beads I've been working...

Jamn!
04-05-2004, 12:07 PM
Deborah Those are just so incredible!!
Teri They look like quilts to me too! Lovely colors. I have been working with turquoise and yellow too but my batteries are dead in my camera so will have to wait til tomorrow to post.

Lluvia Very pretty colors! The detail is pretty cool too!!
Petra That is such a delicate floral!
Katie I love both of them. The black is so striking and I love the colors on the bottom one!

Sheryll Cool!! I love the color of this one!
Jenn! I would love to see the advertisement now!
Les Wll I think the colors are awsome!! and they are so sparkly!
Brad Those are just wonderful!! I have been making big hole beads and I know just to get them round is interesting!! The detail on these is just perfect!
Juliet Those are really pretty!
Ginny That is a really interesting set. I bet it looks even better close up with all the transparent colors!
Mary I love the spring colors!! and the dog is adorable!

Hmm I wonder why my batteries are dead?? I took a bunch of pics of some sets I am working on but this is the only one to make it through to the computer before the camera died!

Barrie
04-05-2004, 12:49 PM
I know I'd miss someone if I commented on them all, and I don't want to miss anyone, so just let me say what a gorgeous way to start the day! Just the inspriation I was looking for! Unfortunately I'm silversmithing girl today, and won't get to play with glass til tonight (hopefully!). The custom orders are piling up and I have to get them finished!!!
Here's a set I finished yesterday, wanted to see it with a couple of my handmade charms, and they looked like they belonged together!!!
Keep the eye candy coming you guys!!!

froggee501
04-05-2004, 12:59 PM
is the base/sheet part of your charms reticulated?

Emma

Beth Myers
04-05-2004, 01:33 PM
Hedi,
I'm using the "buy it now" button on that kid!!!!
What a beautiful child. YOU DO great work.
Love,
Beth

Barrie
04-05-2004, 01:39 PM
Hi Emma, no - it's roller mill textured. Reticulation is just too lengthy and unpredictable - gorgeous, but not for production stuff!

is the base/sheet part of your charms reticulated?

Emma

beachbeads
04-05-2004, 01:50 PM
Barrie, I just went to your website, beautiful jewelry. Nice show of beads today. Sheila

froggee501
04-05-2004, 02:12 PM
Hi Emma, no - it's roller mill textured. Reticulation is just too lengthy and unpredictable - gorgeous, but not for production stuff!

Okay, cool! I was trying to figure out what it was, and didn't think chasing was the answer. Thanks! It's very cool. :)

Emma

double S
04-05-2004, 02:25 PM
Beautiful work everyone, don't have time to comment individually I smell a dirty diaper and better get this posted quick :D
my latest attempts
another uranium yellow pastel set with transaprent teal and aqua and cobalt blue
and a organic set
Lisa S
off to diaper duty

Jamn!
04-05-2004, 02:41 PM
Hmm my DH's new camera is worse than my own!! :p Here are the sets I have been working on the color in the post
PU something stinks in here!! :D :D

Beth Myers
04-05-2004, 03:15 PM
Okay,
I checked my pants....
it's me.................
sorry, all your work just affects me that way......
B~

Foofaraw
04-05-2004, 04:14 PM
Beth, that comment goes so well with your little picture that I almost had an accident!!! You crack me up!

Jamn!
04-05-2004, 05:22 PM
So sorry to make you do stinkies!! :D

Zinguvok
04-05-2004, 05:44 PM
Hope nobody minds me posting my furnace work here... This is my first piece that's been put in a gallery, so I'm especially proud of it! True, it's only my high school's gallery, but hey, a gallery's a gallery :) First, the high school... then, the college... then, the state... then, the WORLD :D :D

Wait... there is no "world gallery".

YET! :D :D :D

Anyway, enough of me being insane. Here are the pieces. I don't get much "team time", so this is the first time i've been able to make a lip like this one (takes two people). I like it.

Beth Myers
04-05-2004, 05:53 PM
So sorry to make you do stinkies!! :D

LOL!!!!

Geewhiz....all this time I thought it was Dairy products.........

One of mine used to call them "boom booms", when I ask them why they said, cause my butt goes BOOM BOOM......made sense to me.

Jamn!
04-05-2004, 06:47 PM
Zinguvok Those are really incredible!! Well they don't stink at all!! hehehe

Kamaranoir
04-05-2004, 07:22 PM
Zinguvok

Its always nice to see any type of glass work :clap: I love both pieces, very nice but that orange one is really kewl <G>

Penelle

Stacia
04-05-2004, 07:44 PM
Wow. Those are lovely. :music:

Stacia

sagenamy
04-05-2004, 08:30 PM
Wow! Brad tell me! When your using a giant mandrel, how do you keep the heat from escaping from the kiln??? Awesome bead!!!

Amy

Zinguvok
04-06-2004, 02:49 AM
Woops, should have been more specific. Only the purple one is mine. I will convey your appreciation to the maker of the orange one though! :)