PDA

View Full Version : Not Lentils!

Kimberly Affleck
04-04-2004, 03:51 PM
Some more beads using up old latticino and stringers!

ValorieCox
04-04-2004, 04:28 PM
Lovely set Kimberly! I like the contrasting patterns of your latticino within the set and the twist in your color palette. Nice bead shapes too!

Val

!Karen
04-04-2004, 05:54 PM
Oh ya!! Those are great, the colors are super!

Very nice job!

:)Karen

Moonjewels!
04-04-2004, 06:25 PM
Are those as tiny as they look? They're just Precious and what a great use for 'bench remnants', a beautiful job!
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Mj

AutumnH
04-04-2004, 06:31 PM
That's it! When I grow up I want to be Kimberly.

Think she'll notice if I move in under her worktable? I'll bring my own snacks and stay very, very quiet. :D

DebbieSue
04-04-2004, 06:53 PM
Really colorful and different! :clap:

Debbie

Jillie Beads
04-04-2004, 07:46 PM
Kimberly, those are great, I really love your work! Jill

CorvetteJuliet
04-04-2004, 08:16 PM
I love the color palette. It's very beachy. :D ~Juliet

aimee
04-04-2004, 08:47 PM
Oh Kimberly, those are wonderful!!!

I'll trade you them for some buttholes. ;)

Kimberly Affleck
04-04-2004, 09:06 PM

LOL!!!!! I just spit coffee all over the screen! If they don't sell on eBay, you have a deal!!!!!!

Virginia L.
04-04-2004, 09:15 PM
Hello, I want to move in under that table too Rona, hope you will share the crayons and help clean up the cookie crumbs....Ok, I don't get how you can win with that exchange Kimberly, but if you are willing to go that low, I am sure I can find something around here that would be more attractive than what aimee offered!!!! Ok, I am going away now...GREAT turnout there Kimberly - :clap: :clap: :clap: God Bless - Virginia L.

starlightdesigns
04-04-2004, 09:43 PM

Okay, I just HAVE to ask: What are buttholes????

Kimberly Affleck
04-04-2004, 09:56 PM
Okay, I just HAVE to ask: What are buttholes????

I can't believe you have to ask that question! On the other hand, I didn't know what one was until I went to Omaha. They have a lot of them there! :evil: I'll defer here to Aimee....... :evil:

3SistersBeads
04-04-2004, 09:56 PM
Kimberly!

Awesome beads!!!!! :clap:

Is there a "secret" to getting that disk shape to come out smooth on the sides so you don't see all the wraps?

Thanks for sharing,
Leslie

aimee
04-04-2004, 10:01 PM
Looks like everyone will just have to come to Omaha and find out!!! :evil:

Patricia'sglass
04-04-2004, 10:08 PM
Did i say WOW yet? If I didn't, I meant to!
Pattym

saucy
04-05-2004, 01:53 PM
I saw those last night on eBay. I have you saved in my favorites and I just about died. I love orange! Orange is my happy color! I want them so dang bad and I'm watching them like a hawk! LOL

Zooziis
04-05-2004, 02:08 PM
I love those beads, the shape, the color, the texture. Wow! I like lentils, but I'm all for a new shape, now and then, too :).

Amy

Kimberly Affleck
04-05-2004, 03:02 PM
Kimberly!

Awesome beads!!!!! :clap:

Is there a "secret" to getting that disk shape to come out smooth on the sides so you don't see all the wraps?

Thanks for sharing,
Leslie

No secret. I start with a tiny bead with an even tinier footprint. Allow it to cool. Then, I just build up the disc in stages on top of the tiny bead. Then squeeze the sides with the flat, thick part of my tweezers to thin out the shape. When the shape is where I want it to be, I allow the disc to cool, then point the flame at the sides of the discs and gently heat to take away squeeze marks and any coil marks.

3SistersBeads
04-05-2004, 08:43 PM
No secret. I start with a tiny bead with an even tinier footprint. Allow it to cool. Then, I just build up the disc in stages on top of the tiny bead. Then squeeze the sides with the flat, thick part of my tweezers to thin out the shape. When the shape is where I want it to be, I allow the disc to cool, then point the flame at the sides of the discs and gently heat to take away squeeze marks and any coil marks.

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I get it now! Thanks for the tip!

Blessings,
Leslie

ByrdBeads
04-05-2004, 10:46 PM
Pleassssssseeeee someone send me a picture! I wanna see the buttholes LOL. I shoudl have the pepsi cleaned off my screen by then LOL

Robyn