PDA

View Full Version : Opinions please

Free2bu
09-01-2001, 04:15 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Sep-2001/acrylic2.jpg

I tried mixing red with green for the darks which worked pretty well. Also more flow of the skirt. Thanks for the help and suggestions.
:)

bug
09-02-2001, 09:08 PM
Looks really good.:) What is at the bottom of the picture you posted?:confused:

Free2bu
09-03-2001, 08:32 AM
Thanks Bug. You mean the gray area? It's just the scanner. This painting is about 8 x 10.

dollardays
09-04-2001, 08:42 PM
It has a watercolor look to it, which I really like. I guess a little more detail on the focus (woman) and less detail on the trees would probably make for a better painting. The orangish umbrella is a nice contrast to the greens. There seems to be a lot of dead space at the bottom.

The trees are in competition with the woman.

I would maybe do this with it. (see attached)

Free2bu
09-07-2001, 12:11 PM
Thank you dollardays, I agree with the overwhelming trees and maybe cropping is the answer. I have several acrylics in process and since I'm new to the medium, have some questions on how to finish up and what effect I'm going for. I sure do appreciate any help/suggestions anyone has.

dollardays
09-07-2001, 02:53 PM
I'm certainly no expert on acrylics. I think I've done two, and those just recently. But I see a good painting which could be made lots better with just a little more planning. I recently started doing value sketches in pencil (no detail at all) to see how the whole composition will look before going to the paint and it's been extremely helpful.

Have you tried watercolor? This really has a watercolor feel to it, and when you work in watercolor (I just found out) it's a little easier to make changes without mixing more paint. Just wet an area and lift off.

Please post some more of your works in progress. This forum is very friendly and has been helpful to me. :)

Regards,

Nora