PDA

View Full Version : Scenery

Eochaidh
09-01-2001, 03:50 PM
Ok, I don't know if this is the type of thing this forum is for but I'm gonna post it anyway. Sorry if the quality of the image isn't great but what can you expect when the requirement is 500 x 600. Anyway please tell what you think....

Weyo
09-09-2001, 05:25 AM
the landscape and angle are great, but the resolution is low, and the view itself is kind of boring

its neither serene (like most landscapes) nor does it have any interesting details (like trees or sunsets and what not). it almost has a kind of barren appeal, which is nice, but even that is lessoned by the grass, but i suppose theres not much you can do about any of that now.

oh well, its a nice shot. keep it up!:)

bloomphoto
09-09-2001, 06:25 PM
Hi

This is the right place to put something you want comments on...

I have to agree with Weyo. I like the angles. but the image would certainly benefitted from something to focus on. I also think that the fact that the sky is so washed out kind of distracts from the rest of the image. I don't know if it was an overcast day or blue sky (I assume it was overcast), but the sky needs more detail to bring it all together. Unfortunately if you were using your camera on an automatic setting, it was metering for the darker foreground and the hill behind it which would certainly render the sky overexposed. Simplicity is a good thing when done correctly. I think you are on the right track, you just need to focus more on proper exposure and interesting composition to make it something truly great.

Becky

Eochaidh
09-15-2001, 05:51 PM
Thanks for the comments. The sky was actually far more interesting and blue, but unfortunately the scanner just didn't pick up on it(?)