PDA

View Full Version : The Darlings of Wall Street

ladywolf1
04-04-2004, 10:36 AM
18" x 24" O/C

Finally finished this...
*my anger at the BIG "E".
sorry... the pic's are a little too blue.
Comments appreciated.

Smileawhyl
04-04-2004, 12:27 PM
Good detail work . . . sad subject . . .

And I wonder what happens when the hourglass expires

ladywolf1
04-05-2004, 10:55 AM
Good detail work . . . sad subject . . .

And I wonder what happens when the hourglass expires

**thanks again Smile for the posts.....

I can't tell you how badly I felt for those people who lost everything.... who dedicated to a company that was NOT what it said it was....
it was all lies and very wicked.

Hence, the strong and heavy use of symbols..... the wasp.... worms.... the spilled money bag.... the "cult" reference..... the skull & bones, which not only is the symbol for poison.... it's the symbol for piracy as well.

*this painting was my vent... and it is sad that many in the business world embraced the quest for the almighty-dollar above everything else.... and left nothing but a wake of destruction. Little did we know at the time that is was only the tip of the iceberg.

This painting is my way of never forgetting the victims.

VieSaintSo
04-05-2004, 03:54 PM
very very powerfull....«this painting was my vent» very well done, no holding back.
so so sad....

ladywolf1
04-06-2004, 09:49 AM
Thank you Sylvie for saying this was powerful...
that's a very high compliment.

It was a difficult painting to do....and it pretty much evolved and grew out of itself.

*in the beginning, i didn't quite know how to transform my anger into a social/ethical "protest" through imagery that would convey more than just my personal perception of events.

I truly hope this painting will be seen as a "snapshot" of the far-reaching & long-lasting emotional devastation that occurred to so many REAL people. It could have been anyone of us in their shoes.