PDA

View Full Version : 4/4 Sunday Where'd that hour go? Show & Tell

Briatha
04-04-2004, 03:28 AM
The clock just jumped from 1:59AM to 3AM :confused: I really wondered for there for a momeny what the heck was going on. Sleep deprivation does that to a person.

Sapphire Fairy Baubles....I really have to wonder about this fantasy fixation I have going.

kybeadmaker
04-04-2004, 03:35 AM
Hi Faith..purty beads you got there!! I was thinking the same thing....I been making beads all evening and I just looked at the clock and it is 3:30 am...I'm a night owl...but usually in bed by 3. Geez, I'm gonna be dragging in the morning..oh wait..it is morning :)
Here's my latest...I finally spent some time on the lentil thingy....I got some new enamels that are transparent....kind of cool effects, I think. I guess I shouldn't worry about the missed sleep...I can always catch up in Oct !
Harriet

Briatha
04-04-2004, 03:39 AM
Harriet that set is drop dead gorgeous!!

Jacinthe
04-04-2004, 03:40 AM
Faith - Your baubles are always so pretty, how big are they anyways?
Harriet - You snuck in on me, BEAUTIFUL!

Here is my little collection from last night. I have to work on lots of beads this month, I was asked to do demos and to sell my beads at a local store on April 30 (Queens Day) so I want to have lots of different inventory, plus I have to make some display boxes and price my beads, rewrite my website, move it to the new address, and print out new cards.

First, trans aqua with, lauscha encasing and coral:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Apr-2004/20424-4apr1.jpg
No its not a black and white scan, the beads are all, black, white, and 3 different grays:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Apr-2004/20424-4apr2.jpg
Finally some smaller focal style beads, the big floral was my first attempt at daffodils:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Apr-2004/20424-4apr3.jpg

Hugs from Holland,
Sarah

Briatha
04-04-2004, 03:48 AM
Sarah stunning beadies!
My lentils are usually anywhere from 13mm-16mm from hole to hole. I've ordered some new tools :evil: so maybe I'll have more variety in sizes.
New tools = more fun :D

Teri.p
04-04-2004, 07:08 AM
Faith! No, no..... don't wonder, just hang onto that fixation - you make such lovely jewels!

Harriet - Gorgeous, as always... and you're right, very cool effects!

Sarah - geez louise, I get worn out just reading the list of stuff you have to do before Queen's Day... I'll bet you will be a smashing success!!

I showed one of these gingham daisies the other day; here's the whole set.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Apr-2004/23019-040157ax.jpg

and some kinda neat beads using Moretti New Violet and Lauscha Pink (the new one that's not pink).

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Apr-2004/23019-040158c.jpg

Teri

JCA
04-04-2004, 08:12 AM
Beautiful beads Bright and flowery. Woke up to snow this morning.
I made bi-cone out of EDP without burning it LOL
Added green flames. The more I look at it I think I could put flowers on the ends of the flames??

Beth Myers
04-04-2004, 08:26 AM
You guys are a tough act this morning.
Beeeeautiful work!
As always, I'm so glad you posted!
My Sunday morning offerings:
Beth

nursekatie
04-04-2004, 08:44 AM
Well....my clocks that were never reset last October are now the correct time :D (I just kept adding an hour...now I have to remember NOT to add an hour...LOL)

Ok...Faith.........I REALLY like those fantasy lentils....gorgeous!!

Harriet..........WOW...those are stunning and beautiful!!

Sarah.......Very nice....I especially like the grey set and that last one on the end with the twisties :D

Teri...The plaid is soo cute and very Eastery :D

Jim....SUPER colors!!! I love to see you doing the flames in all different colors!!
Beth!!! What a treat that we get to see your gorgeous work!!! Yummmyyy!!!!

Ok...I had a good day at the torch....and not enough time to take good pictures (16year old is wanting to play his computer game this morning...so I had ONE chance to get pics...he is pacing as I type...the lil.....mumble grumble......)

But I did want to show you these....although it is a terrible picture......I used copper green and an encased opal yellow with coral stringer.....then etched them.....aren't they cool???? The other is just a little bonus for today......the best pic of all the rest......still not great......but a fun bead!!

Lazy_daze
04-04-2004, 09:55 AM
WOW, nice work this morning!!
Fun to get up on Sunday actually have a chance to look for a while..

my offerings... Looking forward to this summer when I get to prqactice a LOT more.

Andrew

mperaza
04-04-2004, 09:57 AM
Wow! What a great S&T already! Faith - great beads - I love the gemstone look you acheived. Harriet - your beads remind me of a watercolor painting - just beautiful! Geez - I can't remember what everyone else had - I do remember that there are a set of beads that make me want to yell out "Flower Power" and give the Peace sign! lol They're great - brought back so many memories!

Well, here's mine; This is only my 2nd attempt at a goddess - I call this one the Modest Goddess (I covered up most everything). I also made another kitty (by request). Oh, and a spider for my daughter - she lost her last one in her recent car accident and wanted another.

Marilyn

McDuck
04-04-2004, 10:15 AM
Great Work everyone! yeah!! :clap: It is always a pleasure to view your creations. :) I made a total of 20 large handformed ceramic beads. Here are some more. I lampworked yesterday and will add those in shorlty as I go down to see what survived. LOL Just a small bit of experimentation with different glass and colors. Have a great sunny day! Mary

Jamn!
04-04-2004, 10:44 AM
Wow every one what lovelies today!! I just got out of bed here... It should be only 643 but its 743 WHHINNNE hehehe Good morning! I will try to post something new later today!

Flaming Idiot
04-04-2004, 10:50 AM
Oh man... I've been very shy about putting anything in the show & tell... being so new to this. And I WOULD pick such a fabulous one to show in, wouldn't I? {{sigh}}

This is going to go up in the group guild auction in a couple of weeks... so I figure I might as well show it, since it's going to be seen anyway. LOL!! Get it over with, right? The guild puts a group auction up once a month... trying to raise some funds to bring teachers in and such... we're a newly formed guild. The other guild members are waaaaay better than me... so the auction can be really awesome... don't judge it by what I'm showing here. Yikes!

Okay... {deep breath}... here goes...

taneres
04-04-2004, 11:16 AM
Oh, I know I had some comments about all the lovelies here today, but after that lost hour that was lost while trying to sleep in a tent wedged between all the family members, I'm a bit groggy! We had a blast sitting around the campfire. I brought my new camera, Nikon 4500, and experimented with taking pictures of the fire. It was neat getting in close.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Apr-2004/14317-fire.jpg
I really like working in these colors with beads too. I used to make a bunch, but was so disappointed with how my old camera 'saw' reds and oranges, that I just gave up. Now with this new camera, I just had to give it a try.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Apr-2004/14317-redorange0402a.jpg
With these new flame pictures, I think I have some new inspiration!

And here's a set I don't think I posted yet that I really like to. Etching them helped bring out the colors.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Apr-2004/14317-pacifica0331a.jpg

Catch ya' later,
Serena

calisto
04-04-2004, 11:18 AM
Hi friends
today I have nothing to show, but to say that im in love with all your beads, especially of that wonderful "blues" on your lentils Harriet (Kybeadmaker) an your flowers Beth reminds me of some old fashioned paperart and patterns of Laura Ashley - I like it so much

Harriet you speak from transparent enamels- can you say where they come from please

Angelika

nursekatie
04-04-2004, 11:47 AM
Such talent you all have!! I came back to give a better picture of the coppergreen etched set...they really are awesome looking :D

greatfindsct
04-04-2004, 11:58 AM
Wow, what a wonderful show and tell everyone!!! :clap:

Teri!!! Wowzers!!! I love the plaid and flower set! It's just awesome!!!!
Beth, I think that the lime and pink set is to die for! How did you do that??? If you care to share your secrets.... ;)
And Katie, I love the coppergreen etched with the coral! They really really stand out :)
Everyones beads are great today, but those caught my attention :) Keep up the great work!!!
Have a great Sunday!

DebbieSue
04-04-2004, 12:30 PM
Wonderful work posted by everyone today! :clap:

Here is a set and an Angel Doberman I made for my sister-in-law whose doberman had to be put to sleep last month due to old age. She has it hanging on her car mirror.

Debbie

jujeebeads
04-04-2004, 12:50 PM
WOW! Impressive S&T today!! Well, it's always impressive, but today you can really tell spring has sprung! lots of florals and bright colors! I love it all!! :)

I was in the same mood! Have a great rest of the weekend!

Judy :cat:

kybeadmaker
04-04-2004, 01:55 PM
Hi friends
today I have nothing to show, but to say that im in love with all your beads, especially of that wonderful "blues" on your lentils Harriet (Kybeadmaker) an your flowers Beth reminds me of some old fashioned paperart and patterns of Laura Ashley - I like it so much

Harriet you speak from transparent enamels- can you say where they come from please

Angelika
I got the enamels from Thompson Enamels. I believe they are in Newport Ky, but you can find the company on the web. Hope this helps.
Harriet

Gazin
04-04-2004, 02:24 PM
Great work everyone! I just love the show and tells....heres a couple sets I listed yesterday, I am most fond of the purple and teal ones..

Joensey
04-04-2004, 02:44 PM
Ok, this is the lamest show & tell post I've ever made for sure, but I had fun playing with implosion pendants. These are my first three, left to right, and I do see improvement. I'm looking forward to more play.
Joensey

Norma623
04-04-2004, 03:21 PM
Great beads everyone! :clap: Serena - your oranges and reds come through clearly now - what a WOW combination! Nothin like a good camera! Here's my offering for the day - still experimenting with dichro....

Norma
http://www.Normabrink.com

Lisa Jordan
04-04-2004, 03:50 PM
Wow, lot's of great glass today! Anyone that didn't click on Norma Brink's website link, go there now, Unbelievable stained glass work!! Terri, love the stacked gingham daisies. Beth, the pink set is at once earthy and yet pink, how cool is that! Katie, I really like the "bonus" bead. Marilyn, cool spider. Serena, Great colors, they really pop! Great idea for your SIL. Joensey, I was reading a thread on that the other day and gave it go..mine will NOT be shown in the S&T, bad, really, really bad!!
Here are a few of mine, playing around with shape still....

McDuck
04-04-2004, 04:53 PM
More wonderful work since I was here last and Lisa I love that first bead!

This is what happens when you have no creativity in your head...only allergies/cold sick feelings :(

Some ring and earring beads, failed paladium :( *wah* grabbed moretti clear instead of check) and a copper enamel.

-mary...errrr...mcduck...waiting on my culvers fish sandwich and vanilla custard shake to get here...

lepoppet
04-04-2004, 05:41 PM
I only did one set today. Too "burned-out" ( :p ) from yesturday.

Maria

lepoppet
04-04-2004, 05:41 PM
oops...here it is...

Suz01
04-04-2004, 07:59 PM
Here are some I have been working on lately...

Suzanne

PS BTW, everyones work is gorgeous - i look every day for my 'fix' even though this is only my 2nd or so post.

starlightdesigns
04-04-2004, 10:14 PM
I showed one of these gingham daisies the other day; here's the whole set.

Teri

BEAUTIFUL & STUNNING!!!!

Oh, Teri, how DO you do those gingham???? How do you get the overlapping blue to darken where it overlaps???

Inquiring minds want to know!!!

Flaming Idiot
04-04-2004, 10:41 PM
everyones work is gorgeous - i look every day for my 'fix' even though this is only my 2nd or so post.

I'm the same way Suzanne... it's become my favorite part of the day. Everyone here is so talented and helpful... I love it! Are you new to the torch, like me, or just new to this forum?

Norma623
04-04-2004, 11:18 PM
Maria - AWESOME bicones! Such consistent shapes! I love em! Lisa - thanks for the feedback on my website - stained glass is my other passion and I'm lucky enough to have lots of windows! Beads are such instant gratification though - sorta like chocolate!

Thought for the day....sometimes it's good to turn off the torch and pick up a book. I have been frustrated about encasing my beads. Today I decided to pull out my books (thank you Cindy Jenkins!) and review a little. What a difference! Not ready to post pix yet - but soon. It just goes to show that sometimes it takes a little more than practice to improve. When all else fails - read the "manual"!

Great beads everyone - whenever my well is running a little dry I peak in here....such talent!
Norma
http://www.normabrink.com