PDA

View Full Version : New to Jewelry making

RottweilerMom
04-04-2004, 12:32 AM
OMG....I can't believe that I didn't see this forum before! I just started to learn how to make jewelry this week! I can't wait to read all of this stuff!! I also have a knitting addiction....are things like that fair game in here too??

Well, I've got to get reading! :D

Barrie
04-04-2004, 12:40 AM
Hmmm, wearable art? Knitting? Seems like a natural fit to me!!! Welcome to our little world!!!! :)

DonnaBee
04-04-2004, 12:59 AM
You both knit and learn making jewelry? We will never let you leave.

Welcome home! :D :clap:

TurtleBay Jewelry
04-04-2004, 10:48 AM
LOL Donna....

Welcome to our humble abode... ;)

~Danielle

beclectic
04-04-2004, 02:10 PM
OMG....I can't believe that I didn't see this forum before! I just started to learn how to make jewelry this week! I can't wait to read all of this stuff!! I also have a knitting addiction....are things like that fair game in here too??

Well, I've got to get reading! :D

There is such a thing as knitted jewelry so you could combine your two loves. There is a couple of posts about knitted jewelry on the crocheted jewelry thread. Those might be 'right up your ally'.

Welcome! :D

RottweilerMom
04-04-2004, 10:05 PM
You both knit and learn making jewelry? We will never let you leave.

Welcome home! :D :clap:

ROFLMBO

I'll be like that friend that never goes home but crashes on your couch every night. :p I've seen knitted things with beads incorporated....I've been knitting almost a year now. I don't feel confident enough to try beads yet. I did grab a book called Stitch 'N B*tch by Debbie Stoller and that has really helped me as a newbie to understand the process of knitting and it's got great easy patterns.

I've got to get my hands on some good beading books and magazines. I grabbed Bead Style and another simple jewelry books from Michael's Crafts last week (yeah, I'm that new to making jewelry) and will have to play around. Is that how most of you started out....playing with patterns and then making them your own?

DonnaBee
04-04-2004, 10:16 PM
I've got to get my hands on some good beading books and magazines. I grabbed Bead Style and another simple jewelry books from Michael's Crafts last week (yeah, I'm that new to making jewelry) and will have to play around. Is that how most of you started out....playing with patterns and then making them your own?

Sounds like you are off to a really great start and you have the bug!

Lately the crafts stores such as Michael's and Hobby Lobby are starting to carry more bead supplies, magazines and books, I notice. My grocery store even carries Bead and Button now! (That is a magazine you should pick up, when you come across it! :) )

I will get you the link to the free Fire Mountain Gems catalog. It is good to have especially when new, I think. (Plus it is free!)

DonnaBee
04-04-2004, 10:17 PM
Here 'tis:

http://www.firemountaingems.com/catreq.asp

TurtleBay Jewelry
04-04-2004, 10:56 PM
Lookit that...

Donna's already leading her down the path to evil bead addictions. /wink

:evil:

~Danielle, the Innocent

DonnaBee
04-04-2004, 11:19 PM
~Danielle, the Innocent

:rolleyes:

:D

Shirley C.
04-04-2004, 11:20 PM
Lookit that...

Donna's already leading her down the path to evil bead addictions. /wink

:evil:

~Danielle, the Innocent

bbbwwaaahahahaha! :evil: :evil: :evil:

cristin, here's another link for you - ya just can't survive without these catalogs, ya know... bbbwwwahahahahahaha, ha, h.. ehem, snort snicker...

You NEED this catalog too... (http://www.riogrande.com/)