PDA

View Full Version : ot- Painting after absence...emotional 2 u?

AbstractHeart
04-03-2004, 10:40 PM
I've been out of paints/canvas for a while now...few months at least..today I got red, yellow, blue, white, black and some canvas panels....started painting again...a Blue Rose..and as I see it slowly come together I find myself very emotional....happy..but...still..near tears..as in sad...am I going crazy or does everyone have this happen?

Smileawhyl
04-03-2004, 11:06 PM
Passion is an extremely emotional thing, especially in art. I have a great photograph of a departed friend and each time I think to paint it (it is a very evokative picture), I cry and cannot bring myself to think of the impact of either keeping it or selling it. I've always thought of art as something which is part of me, another sense, an extra communication expression. Your description sounds as though it is that close for you, as well.

nine malic molds
04-04-2004, 08:57 AM
i am constantly running out of supplies and having to wait paint but i am always drawing or illustrating or working on a print, so i am never really in a position to feel like i don't have an outlet. when i do paint i am a very mean person. most people avoid coming around me while i paint and sometimes it takes me a a bit of time to calm down afterwards. generally painting makes me angry.

Tamana
04-04-2004, 09:07 PM
Perhaps painting is a form of release for your body that disengages the locks and opens the windows and doors of sunlight. Many experience the same thing while performing yoga; it feels like the body is weeping a cleansing of herself after being locked in a closet for too long...