PDA

View Full Version : Please help

Free2bu
09-01-2001, 11:29 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Sep-2001/acrylic.jpg

This is my first acrylic and I need help getting the very dark green in the trees. I have only a few tubes so far, what do I need to buy or mix to get that black/green.:confused:
Thanks

Epicurea
09-01-2001, 12:59 PM
From my experience, cadmium yellow and cobalt blue make a particular color green that is good for nothing, except perhaps olives and pine trees. In fact, the darkest green you have in the trees looks a lot like a cad yellow & cobalt blue mix. Adding a color's complement into the mix darkens the color without flattening it the way adding black can; try adding a little bit of red.

Cassandra

Luvy
09-01-2001, 01:18 PM
Geesh if this is your first acrylic I can't wait to see the next This is great *S* I'm going to try acrylics hopefully today. Bet mine won't come out near that *S* LOL I bought hookers green. I bought 12 different colors I'm ready with the colors Now I have to get up the nerve again *S*

sarkana
09-01-2001, 03:05 PM
i strongly recommend prussian blue or some other navy shade for shadows, especially shadows in foliage. prussian blue is a great workhorse of a color, it can go from nearly black in its pure state to lovely greens and violets in mixture, and it makes a great sky when mixed with a lot of white.