coffee grounds...
Runts candies...
salt n' peppah...
Mini Chiclets gum...
Cinnamon and sugar toast...
Bacon Bits...
and
POP ROCKS!!!

What do all of these food items have in common?

They are all FRIT!!! *snort*

L

LokiLoki
04-03-2004, 05:19 PM
so... um... does anybody else have any other frit that's not really frit examples to share?

My friend Anne and I last night thought this concept was hilarious, and when I came up with the POP ROCKS she about exploded!

Ok granted, it was almost 2 am... lol

L <-- frit SABLE

SABLE = stash accumulated beyond life expectancy

KetchikanSculptor
04-03-2004, 06:18 PM
Don't know how the Martha v Godzilla title fits... but would love to see some examples of these frits and some beads made from them!

LokiLoki
04-03-2004, 07:27 PM
Don't know how the Martha v Godzilla title fits...

Oh... well Martha sprinkles things like: spices, colored sugar, glitter, veggie seeds, etc. aka frit like substances.
And Godzilla reduced Tokyo to rubble.
Ok so frit on a bit larger scale than most of us here use, but definatly a frit like substance none the less...

And I don't have scans of my beads to share, sorry.
But I promise to post some later.
Check back, k.

L

LokiLoki
04-03-2004, 09:02 PM
but would love to see some examples of these frits and some beads made from them!

The frit I use to make beads isn't what I listed earlier. lol That's FOOD!
I use crushed glass frit. Glass is NOT food! btw...

Here is the only photos I seem to be able to locate atm.

L

GailWind
04-03-2004, 09:09 PM
Those are beautiful Loki Loki!

LokiLoki
04-03-2004, 09:44 PM
Here is what I did with the frit beads shown above and another set with a different mix.

L

GailWind
04-03-2004, 10:07 PM
Ohhh very nice..i Love it!

AutumnH
04-06-2004, 08:07 PM
Don't you love how the glass references spread into our daily lives? Sometime in about November I heard a radio announcement that propane prices were going up due to increased demand. My first thought was "Wow, lampworking is really catching on!" My second thought was "It's not fair that they make us pay more...."

Then it sunk in that they were referring to propane, and costs/increased demand was due to home heating usage. :rolleyes:

You'd think it would have been obvious, but NOOOOOO. I've had glass and torcing on the brain since August. Non STOP since August. Thank you Lori/LokiLoki!!!