PDA

View Full Version : unusual supports

sarkana
09-01-2001, 10:45 AM
inspired by featherlady's remarkable paintings, i am wondering: what unusual supports have you painted on with acrylics?

oil painters are really limited by what they can paint on but acrylics are the crafty workhorse of the art materials world. they can go on almost any non-greasy surface.

i myself have not really been too adventurous. i've painted on cardboard, plexiglass, drywall, injection-molded plastic, and unfinished furniture. how about you?

mame
09-02-2001, 07:35 AM
leather chair, men's suit jacket (stiffened with g.a.c.), raiku'd ceramic ware, sheets, canvas/leather shoes, papier mache, over 23k gold leaf, vellum, used printer's copper plates...

Svendalina
09-03-2001, 02:26 AM
An old church pew(a van gogh in each of the seven back slats)

Coconuts to send as postcards

A sushi mat

yep thats about it...for now::looks around suspiciously::

Yes that feather was AWESOME

bug
09-03-2001, 04:26 AM
Lets see shed, door, closet, walls, wood trim and fireplace mantal are a few that come to mind.

dcheek
09-03-2001, 07:39 PM
a found whale bone, different seashells including sand dollars, which I posted a couple of in the landscape forum 'River Valley' and 'another mini-mini'. I posted those after looking at several of the small sized paintings posted by other WC members. -- I have an old mason jar painted with a covered bridge scene that I purchased in western West Virginia, oops I actually gave that one as a gift. It was nice, though.--Dan

leesmith
09-04-2001, 11:46 PM
Lampshades, brass, ceramic, glass, cement, sheetrock, upholstered chair, ( changed print to another color ) wood furniture, resin, picture frames, cornices, MDF, mailboxes, porch lights, plastic, vinyl, plaster, flower pots.