PDA

View Full Version : Paper beads and necklace

NewCreation
04-03-2004, 07:50 AM
Here is a necklace made of some paper beads I have been working on. The instructions for the basic beads are all over the net, just Google "paper beads."
Mine are made with wallpaper form a cast off wallpaper book fro Lowe's. I embellished with fiber (some of which were traded to me from Charissa - Sassy. Thanks!) seed beads and copper wire.
Ooohs and Aaahs, and Constructive Critique invited.

Emjay
04-03-2004, 09:23 AM
OOhh, Amy,I love the look! I have a picture I save from a couple of years ago--I think they are Sabrina Pierson's beads-that look like this, only they are glass. Guess I liked fiber with my beads even then! (sounds like a laxative commercial--have some fiber with your beads every morning to maintain your regularity!)

jacki
04-03-2004, 01:46 PM
Beautiful Amy! You just post one beauty after another :clap: :clap:
Wallpaper is the perfect paper for these isn't it!

DonnaBee
04-03-2004, 02:09 PM
That's very attractive Amy! You do beautiful things with so many different mediums!

sassybird
04-03-2004, 03:07 PM
What a fun piece:D I love jewelry like this as well as more conservative pieces. The colors are great, and I am going to have to look up paper beads on google. Were they hard to make? I have some sculpty that I want to make some beads with. I would never have thought of paper:) Do you seal it with anything to make it water repellant?

SuzyQ
04-03-2004, 04:55 PM
How fun! and inspiring. Now I'm off to google. Remember the biggest form of flattery is imiation, he-he.

Shirley C.
04-04-2004, 03:43 PM
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

:D

yep, you know i love your work, amy...
these are very inspiring. now i need to get off the internet and make some stuff - sheesh!

busy91
04-05-2004, 10:47 AM
They are lovely.

lisilk
04-05-2004, 05:20 PM
Amy, now that is KEWL ! I love that look. This is something I would like to try. You always come up with the most inovative work. :clap:

Cheers,

Li

SuzyQ
04-21-2004, 09:49 AM
Oh Amy! I'm sorry. I credited Nancy with inspiring me with her paper beads when in fact it was you! You do beautiful work.

Beads-Me!
04-21-2004, 10:37 AM
Oh do I like those! I have no criticism Amy - they're beautiful! ....off to good old Google with the rest of you.......

McDuck
04-21-2004, 01:23 PM
Very Nice Amy! The only thing I could do without is the red cord they are on. But that is me, it kinda looks outa place to the rest. But what do I know? Taste is such a personal thing! -Mary