PDA

View Full Version : Saturday Show Stoppers 4/3

wildfirelauri
04-03-2004, 01:08 AM
The boro powers that be were kind to me yesterday. COLOR!!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Apr-2004/10074-beanopoppers.jpg

SonyaHusko
04-03-2004, 01:19 AM
Love the pinks & purples, Lauri! Here are a few blues in boro~

Jacinthe
04-03-2004, 01:27 AM
Pretty Beads you two... if I wasn't so exhausted still (silly daughter was up at 7am) I"d tell you why...

Thanks for the inspiration!

Hugs from Holland,
Sarah

Tink
04-03-2004, 02:06 AM
Geez! What a luscious start to Saturday's S&T!!!!! Lauri, it would take me a week to melt that much boro. Sonya, you and Lauri get the nicest colors from boro! *sigh*

Just a couple from me. Know I made them sometime during this stressful week. LOL! I really love doing these! And you should see what some of my customers are doing with these and sterling wire... Wow!

I have a full weekend planned, so I won't be around here much. Hope everyone has a great one!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Apr-2004/10179-tocco5.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Apr-2004/10179-tocco7.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Apr-2004/10179-tocco9b.jpg

Winston Doull
04-03-2004, 03:55 AM
Good Morning
Bead makers some new horizon. They are small but every one is a suprise. I call them Lentil paintings.
God bless .

Winston

www.designsinglass.de

Briatha
04-03-2004, 04:42 AM
Lauri scrumptious array of boro!
Sonya very lickable set!
St. Tink I adore those new shapes!
Winston awesome designs!

Guess what??? LENTILS :evil: Orange Alkara and Pink Neshwan

JCA
04-03-2004, 07:56 AM
WOW Lots of color! I like all of them :clap: :clap:
I saw a tee shirt with a Frog giving the peace sign I thought was cool. So using that as inspiration here is my first try at it. Then my troll from the challenge.
HAVE A GREAT DAY ALL!!

nursekatie
04-03-2004, 08:36 AM
oh Lauri!! Gorgeous little babies!!

Sonya...........Drool.......incredible ....just incredible!!

Faith.....I love your lentil shapes....I can't get them for anything!!

Winston.....those do look like paintings!!

Tink..........OMG...they are gorgeous...I have been working with shapes like that and I decided I needed a graphite rod to assist me....I will post some soon!! They don't look as wonderful as yours though!!

Jim....the frog is wonderful and your troll....ewww....I would hate to run into him under a bridge :D

Jenny brought me a rod of the amber rose...that is pretty!! She also brought me a rod of some new dark ivory......it is VERY different...it looks grey.....but it does look more ivory after you melt it......the olive is the vetrofond olive......sort of a fun design :D

I get to melt glass today...woohoooo!! And for all the glass stock attendees....the newsletter is going out this weekend...later today infact :D

Moonjewels!
04-03-2004, 08:52 AM
Oh what beautiful beads so far! I see fantastic color and shape here today. I'm playing with reactive colors and reduction frits, a little unpredictable it is though. I've been making a bead here and there on this set for the last month, such a dawdler!
Mj

mperaza
04-03-2004, 09:06 AM
Great work here today - awesome beads. Mj - I love your set - I'm drawn to the reduction frits (although I don't work with them much) - they always seem to catch my eye.

Nothing ready for me to post. I haven't made very much the past couple days since I'm working on a project right now.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.
Marilyn

wildfirelauri
04-03-2004, 09:25 AM
Errr, ummmm, Jim,
I think the frog is saying something else. And it's surely not peace. :evil:

rosebead
04-03-2004, 09:30 AM
Beautiful beads everyone! & Moonjewels, I love your shapes!

Zooziis
04-03-2004, 09:35 AM
Laurie and Sonya Great Boro! Beautiful.
Tink, those are georgous, the color, and what a great shape
Winston I love the swirls, cool title too
Faith, I love the lentils. Orange is my favorite color, and those just call out!!
Jim the sculpture is so cool. I agree that the frog looks up to something :)
Kate Great job with your new colors. I especially like the softness of the top bead, very nice
Mj Great Colors they look like jewels. Is that shape in the middle the new Corina Press?

Great Stuff everyone!

jkittels
04-03-2004, 10:05 AM
Wow...Many beauties today! It sure is windy here today. My hubby and I left the downstairs window open and whew!! IT IS COLD DOWN THERE!

Here are a few new ones...

Julie

Norma623
04-03-2004, 10:13 AM
Wow some real gorgeous colors today. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Its been awhile for me - here is my latest. I'm giving it a shot on Ebay - there's first time for everything I guess!

Norma

http://normabrink.com

Ignuss-Fatuus
04-03-2004, 11:04 AM
Here are some boro goodies ive been working on! :) THe atmosphere musth ave been right for color lately looking at the rest of this thread :)
Karin

McDuck
04-03-2004, 11:13 AM
Such a lovely and inspiring thread this moring! karin your boro has really taken off I love those colors! And Tink superb as usual!! Jim, I think Laurie is corect about your froggie....LOL Norma love the dichro! Julie those are perty. MJ- Stunning! katie, that second one is awsome! very Jennifer Geldard like! Faithe, the orange really POPS! Wisnton, very nice I like how they swirl. Sonya, always such perty beadies! And Laurie, the Queen of Boro Color and other wonderful things!

As for me, I doubt you want to see more of my hand made ceramic dried greenware. LOL they lost my controller :mad:

Mary...errrr...McDuck...if it isn't one thing it's always another! :eek: :p

koregon
04-03-2004, 11:40 AM
Well its a gorgeous sunshine/warm day on the Oregon Coast...so gonna show these two and head out to enjoy the day....thanks for showing all the glorious eye candy you guys...its much appreciated!
more lentils...Corina created a monstor in me when she made this tool! hehe....I can't help myself...but then wearing them is wonderful...so much area to show on the wrist for one bead...this set is dark brown and turquoise...the colors came to me watching "The Apprentis" on tv...the blonde gal had on a brown coat and killer turquioise necklace and the colors together are so earthy yet elegant in a casual way...the other is a silver/organic style focal...

have a great day everyone!

oops edited to add the darn pix...forgot :rolleyes: must of been the sun calling my name :D

3SistersBeads
04-03-2004, 12:04 PM
Wowee!

Nice beadies everyone! Gosh, I wish I could get my flame hot enough for that boro! :crying:

I've got a bunch of beads for 2 special order prayer bead sets soaking as we speak. Cross your fingers that they all look good when I take them out tonight.

Have a great day all! Don't forget daylight savings!!!!

Leslie

nicker
04-03-2004, 12:33 PM
Sonya....I so love your beads I must go bid on some!

Tink.... cool shape...hey by the way I have a horse with the same name as you!

Briatha....nice lentils!

Katie...that coral floral is to die for!

Jim...the frog is too cute!

MJ...gosh those are lovely colors!

Sorry to all I missed there are so many today :clap:

My contribution. I love this bead. 4 Flowers and only one smeared a but! I am in love with this color combo too I can't stop!

beachbeads
04-03-2004, 04:09 PM
Again, a hard show to follow, great beads everyone. I spent yesterday showing a friend how to make beads then made some with my own frit mix over copper green. I left 2 unreduced and reduced the third. I am putting my friends in the lobby. Have a sunny day, Sheila

manda j
04-03-2004, 11:44 PM
Geez! What a luscious start to Saturday's S&T!!!!! Lauri, it would take me a week to melt that much boro. Sonya, you and Lauri get the nicest colors from boro! *sigh*

Just a couple from me. Know I made them sometime during this stressful week. LOL! I really love doing these! And you should see what some of my customers are doing with these and sterling wire... Wow!

I have a full weekend planned, so I won't be around here much. Hope everyone has a great one!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Apr-2004/10179-tocco5.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Apr-2004/10179-tocco7.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Apr-2004/10179-tocco9b.jpg

What a GREAT SHAPE Tink! Love them
Manda

Judy in MN
04-04-2004, 01:36 PM
The boro powers that be were kind to me yesterday. COLOR!!

Wow. Somebody bring me a bib--I'm drooling all over the place.

Judy in MN
played with boro yesterday but my O2 tank is pretty low today <sigh>